What movies have you seen lately?

StamatisX

I loved all of his movies, especially The Life Aquatic, but I couldn't quite grasp the concept of Darjeeling Limited. Do you have any thoughts on the film?

- - - Updated - - -

I love IMAX - saw Guardians of the Galaxy in IMAX 3D, but my wallet can't take that again. :-(

Going to a budget 7$ theater this weekend, though. (3D and all)

Love to help the local economy, although the foods pretty much par for the course (in price) - it's well worth helping out a smaller venue like that, though.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll add onto the Super recommendation, it's really quite disturbing, but fun to pick apart the characters.

I've watched "interstellar" in IMAX in madrid, I loved the movie, but the IMAX is not worth the price paid. Poor contrast and transition between frames was too perceptible. I'd love to watch it in a 4K OLED display :moneygrubber:

• Founder

Saw interstellar and thought it sucked a fat one. The story wasnt very imaginative and the premise was based on flawed science. Just an overall shit movie with too much hype behind it.

• Founder
Saw interstellar and thought it sucked a fat one. The story wasnt very imaginative and the premise was based on flawed science. Just an overall shit movie with too much hype behind it.

Science behind it is quite solid actually.

• Founder
Science behind it is quite solid actually.

Not really, the entire premise of a dusty world ignores top soil management that's been around for decades. In addition, their 5th dimension of manipulating a dark hole was also completely made up. It tries to be a deep movie and to the layman it comes off that way but it's really a pretty weak storyline - I've seen more interesting stuff from Dr. Who.

Interstellarr ~ That movie is more confusing than Inception

Inception was confusing?

Fell asleep 30 minutes into Camp Xray, didn't regret it. The first half of Fury was pretty good, but then I rewound it and realized who ever encoded it didn't use key frames, so I have to rewatch it from the beginning.

• Founder

BTW for those of you that don't know, Popcorn Time is a great application - just make sure you use a VPN if you're in the US/Canada since it uses a torrent system to stream the movies. Saw Guardians of the Galaxy the other day and THAT is a great movie (going to buy the Blu Ray)! Loved the retro 80's music (grew up on that shit) and the general campy feeling the movie conveyed, definitely one of the better Marvel movies in a long time. Kinda sad that I missed out on watching it in the theater when it was released since I initially thought the idea of a raccoon and talking tree were stupid. :\

• Thumbs Up 1