[FIX] Clevo P370SM3 & SAGER NP9380-S 120Hz/3D SLI Flickering/Scanlines

BudMarLeY

I just cleaned up this thread a bit. Please stay on topic. If you want to discuss something unrelated to this flickering issue then feel free to open a new thread or post in an existing one that fits the topic.

Off topic discussion just makes it hard to find the actual information.

Also editing my mod will only cause issues if you do it wrong.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks Prema and SV7. You Guys have been a BIG HELP. And Bud i appreciate the youtube because i thought i had a blown card! Im gonna have to get you guys a beer and join that elite status!!!!

Dre Dre please keep us updated with your new V-Bios, have u tried more games or kept playing for hours on high GPU temp without any problems.

Any Input would greatly be appreciated.

Hey guys anyone here has the stock bios saved? Because I did the vbios update but I wasn't able to save my stock bios, I'm gonna test now with the vbios from sl7 and keep you guys update if the problem has been fixed

Edit.: The problem is not fixed, just played BO2 and the screen gone black and in BF3 there was flickering lines

did you try to download the new version of the drivers, 331.xx that was released on oct 21.

to have a easy fix for this, dont let the computer sleep or hibernate. if your not using your computer then just turn it off.

I was just brave enough today to try the svl7 V-BIOS and the whole issue of flickering & white lines have all disappeared 100% and the notebook is working flawlessly in all games at 120hz, in SLI mode with no problem at all.

Here is a list of games I have tried so far with the new Svl7 V-BIOS:

Batman Arkham city

Batman Arkham origins

Assassin Creed III

Just Cause 2

Sleeping Dogs 2

Tomb Raider 2013

Splintercell Blacklist

Farcry 3

Crysis

Metro 2033 & Metro Last light

BTW I have tried the new Nvidia driver 331.58 before modding my V-BIOS and it didn't work, it may even made the flickering worse.

I'm really gratefully to Svl7 for making this V-BIOS & the only possible solution to this problem. I think the reason why this V-BIOS solved the problem is the SAGER V-BIOS version is so bad it doesn't have the correct voltage/wattage to feed the 2 GPU cards (in 120Hz) for good performance, thats why its always flickering & making all games f###d up because of the bad V-BIOS version that doesn't supply both GPUs with enough power to work properly.

Thanks again to Svl7, Prema & Bud Marley for creating this post to resolve this huge problem which affects all the SAGER NP-9380S Notebooks.

• Thumbs Up 3

Right now I have installed nvidia drivers 331.58. I do a full uninstall of the drivers and try older ones but no difference. I flash the original v bios 80.04.BD.00.05 rom. I connect another monitor on the HDMI port and stereoscopic appears again in the nvidia control panel but the setting no detect the IR on my laptop. Disconnect the HDMI and stereoscopic disappears. I have a single GTX780m GPU.

I was just brave enough today to try the svl7 V-BIOS and the whole issue of flickering & white lines have all disappeared 100% and the notebook is working flawlessly in all games at 120hz, in SLI mode with no problem at all.

Batman Arkham city

Batman Arkham origins

Assassin Creed III

Just Cause 2

Sleeping Dogs 2

Tomb Raider 2013

Splintercell Blacklist

Farcry 3

Crysis

BTW I have tried the new Nvidia driver 331.58 before modding my V-BIOS and it didn't work, it may even made the flickering worse.

I'm really gratefully to Svl7 for making this V-BIOS & the only possible solution to this problem. I think the reason why this V-BIOS solved the problem is the SAGER V-BIOS version is so bad it doesn't have the correct voltage/wattage to feed the 2 GPU cards (in 120Hz) for good performance, thats why its always flickering & making all games f###d up because of the bad V-BIOS version that doesn't supply both GPUs with enough power to work properly.

Thanks again to Svl7, Prema & Bud Marley for creating this post to resolve this huge problem which affects all the SAGER NP-9380S Notebooks.

Nice to hear that, unfortunately for me the vbios didn't work, what OS are you running? And using the 331.58 driver as well? Can you post a screen of GPU-Z of your BIOS version? Because I did flash, and at the end it said sucessfull and everything, just to make sure I really flashed the bios.

Thanks.

@ViTosS Make sure to check the VBIOS version on each GPU with GPU-Z to verify that both cards where flashed.

@xigital Re-install the 3D VISION (Emitter driver)...also what are your systems main BIOS & EC versions (shown in F2 boot/BIOS menu)

Batman Arkham city

Batman Arkham origins

Assassin Creed III

Just Cause 2

Sleeping Dogs 2

Tomb Raider 2013

Splintercell Blacklist

Farcry 3

Crysis

svet put out a update on the program because i asked him about it, so he added the clevo 780m to it, the voltages say 110, after the update. everything is normal but I think the GPU boost is what fucked everything up, im going to edit my default vbios when i get my computer and change the gpu boost to off and see if it fixes it.

edit: i just got my confirmation on when my laptop will be back in my hands...

Wednesday the 30th, anywhere between 12-5pm

@ViTosS Make sure to check the VBIOS version on each GPU with GPU-Z to verify that both cards where flashed.

@xigital Re-install the 3D VISION (Emitter driver)...also what are your systems main BIOS & EC versions (shown in F2 boot/BIOS menu)

Took a print from GPU-Z, this is the version of the vBios, what do you think Prema? Is it really the sl7?

post-18746-14494996290896_thumb.jpg

Took a print from GPU-Z, this is the version of the vBios, what do you think Prema? Is it really the sl7?

That's not svl7 vBIOS...also no driver installed and it's only one of the gpus... ;)

That's not svl7 vBIOS...also no driver installed and it's only one of the gpus... ;)

Really? Damn, but I did everything in the tutorial from Nvidia BIOS Flash thread, it asked if I wanted to flash and I typed yes and asked something again and I typed yes, it did a beep sound and said at the end the bios was flashed sucessful

Hey Vitoss, I run Windows 8 64 bit, yes Im using the latest 331.58 driver & my V-Bios is the Svl7.

Here is a Shot from my GPU-Z, its exactly the same for both cards.

post-18647-14494996291311_thumb.png

Just to be clear I tried all the Nvidia drivers even the latest version before flashing the Svl7 V-BIOS and nothing worked, only the V-BIOS solved the problem.

I did try Battlefield 3 also and its working fine.

Note: All the games tested with Alt+Tab and back & forth at least 20 times.

• Thumbs Up 2

Really? Damn, but I did everything in the tutorial from Nvidia BIOS Flash thread, it asked if I wanted to flash and I typed yes and asked something again and I typed yes, it did a beep sound and said at the end the bios was flashed sucessful

that vbios version you have in your image is the stock clevo 780m vbios

your version your using right now is 80.04.BD.00.05

svl7's is 80.04.B3.00.10

• Thumbs Up 1

The vbios is still working great, thought i did encounter a random driver crash(not sure if it's caused by the vbios; my driver version is 331.40). I played bf3 with 3d -vision enabled for 2 hours and everything worked perfectly, no flickers or blackscreens. I'll hold off on the driver update for now just in case it messes with the custom vbios.

• Thumbs Up 3

The vbios is still working great, thought i did encounter a random driver crash(not sure if it's caused by the vbios; my driver version is 331.40). I played bf3 with 3d -vision enabled for 2 hours and everything worked perfectly, no flickers or blackscreens. I'll hold off on the driver update for now just in case it messes with the custom vbios.

could be caused from overheating. usually itll BSoD or crash to protect the hardware. check your temps next time and keep me informed.

BF3 and BF4 have been known to be heat whores on your cards.

Perma I do the 3D Vision driver installation already and my system bios version is 1.00.03LS1 and the EC Firmware Rev. 1.00.05 The MB series: P370SM

FYI: this thread is for the issues with the 780m in SLI w/ 120hz and not the motherboard or the 3D emitter, so please stay on topic, if you have a BIOS question for your motherboard please go to this thread.

http://forum.techinferno.com/clevo-sager/3119-premas-mod-bios-latest-stock-bios.html

you may contact Prema though PM's if need be for the 3D emitter.

thank you!

• Thumbs Up 1

For the past few days I have been reading the steps for flashing the vBios of svl7 very carefully and for a couple of times in order to not mess things up, after trying many solutions and the latest one was installing the new Nvidia driver 331.58 and which was claimed that it will solve the problem the easy way and without flashing any vBios, it made the problem even worse for me. So at last I figured out that my last resort was flashing the svl7 vBios and give it a shot as I was very desperate.

Finally I did flash the Svl7 vBios and guess what I didn't believe it at first, after running my first game which is BF3 and which used to have the most flickering problem (((The flickering issue actually disappeared))) I have even tried to alt+tab more than once and everything runs smoothly and without any flickering or scan lines issues. Afterwards I have tried a couple of other games which also used to have aggressive flickering issues like Tomb Raider, Black OPS 1 & 2, Hitman absolution, Blacklist, Battlefield 4 beta, Starcraft 2, SniperGhostWarrior2, Metro Last Light, Metro 2033, Assassin`s Creed III, Max Payne 3, Batman Arkham City and in all of these games the problems seems to have completely disappeared even after a couple of hours testing and a lot of alt+ tab.

I would like to thank svl7 for his awesome work on this vBios that without it the problem would still exist in most of the sager notebooks, as I think that sager themselves are struggling to solve this issue till now.

Special thanks also for budmarley and prema for posting this thread and helping others for solving this annoying problem which is available for many sager users.

• Thumbs Up 2

No problem BudMarLeY, sorry for my post but this is the place here I find really good answers to people with very similar configuration in their systems.

I change to the other thread thanks for the link.

Feel free to msg us or open a new thread. I will follow

Edit: thx evilevil for the update. I get my computer in about 15 hours from now. Gonna test the snot out of it. Thanks again mang.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

• Thumbs Up 1