Best Thermal Paste

elliott6307

So far for me I am using MX-4 and that us working great u did try IC diamond but that only scratched my could die in removing it. I am looking for something better. Tg-2 used to be good as well but I can no longer get hold of it NH-1 was like TG-1 but I can't even get that anymore any ideas on best paste bow a days?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

MX-4 Is the best I think of those choices, I have used almost every paste there is, My Favorite is IC diamond 7 or 24 Carrot.(lowest temperatures) with a Pea method. Ive gone as far as making glass slides cut to the size of the various processors ive used to test different methods for the best possible way to apply the paste, and have done Hundreds maybe even in the thousands.

Well i did use MX-4. But from my experience, it is not good as ICD. MX-4 only performed better just 4 days only, applied same paste almost three times. Now usin ICD on both CPU and GPU, GPUs temp. maximum around 74C and CPU maximum 90C (3740QM overclocked 4.29GHz). ICD scratchin die, well it depends how you remove paste from die, most of time ppl remove it without usin proper technique as drag paste around the die with great pressure. Do use more Alcohol solution with soft cloth and try to pull paste from die instead drag it, hope it help.

@Mr. Fox Core 0 and 1 temps look high compared to 2 and 3 in all but the first test. Have you remounted to try to fix this? From my experience 1 and 2 should be at the same temperature, and 0 slightly cooler than 3. It looks to me like one side of the heatsink is not quite down all the way.
This CPU has always been like this... through dozens of repastes and three different 3-pipe heat sinks. Nothing seems to change it... It used to stress me out, but I am at the point that I no longer care because it works really well. I'm also not even sure the temperature sensor readings are 100% accurate.

Although I have always used ICD in the past with great results, I am really itching to try CLU. I have a 780M coming in the mail tomorrow morning and I am not sure what paste I will use yet. I am a bit hesitant though as if I screw up I could ruin my board. And say, Mr. Fox, what sidebar gadget are you using in those screenshots to monitor your temps? I like how it looks compared to the usual gadgets.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i use liquid soap (really :52_002:) and underclock my GFX, worked fine 1 week (some peek at 94°C GPU) and finally a received my AS 5, i now run with 100% charge on GPU clock to stock mod => at 75°C max yeahh !