Identify Laptop Wireless Antenna

xyz_cityhunter

Hi, this is my 1st post to if i'm doing anything wrong then please do correct me.

I would like to know if there's any way to identify the wireless antenna as i can see 2 connectors on my laptop (2.4GHz and 5Ghz, i assume), both are black wired but one is coverd with a white shrink tube. Would like to ask if anyone knows if there's any rules or norms for this like the one with the white cover is meant for 5Ghz? And will there be any problem if they were to be connected wrongly because i'm planning to change a new Wifi card and the ones i'm having now doesn't have any labels on the connectors so i'm not so sure on how to connect it when the new card arrives...:(

Just make sure to keep the wifi cards are arranged the same way and hook them up the same way. I don't think it'll be too big of a deal if you hook them up wrong (probs just wont get wifi) and if you do, then you can always reconnect the antennas. I'm planning to switch out my wifi card too

Hm, maybe instead of 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz, i should address it as MAIN and AUX. I tried removed some sticker on the card and manage to ID which is the MAIN and AUX connector but then i read an article at eBay saying it's custom that the White cable being the MAIN while the Black cable being the AUX. When i check this in my laptop it was the other way around, maybe i will try to swap it and see if there's any improvement on my Wifi...

The article i mentioned is: HOW TO INSTALL A NEW WIRELESS WIFI PCI CARD IN A LAPTOP | eBay