noesges97

Windows 8.1

Hello Guys.

I have the Lenovo Y500 with Windows 8. I just want to ask if you rate me to download windows 8.1 or not.

Thanks for help

noesges

Hello Guys.

I have the Lenovo Y500 with Windows 8. I just want to ask if you rate me to download windows 8.1 or not.

Thanks for help

noesges

If u wish run new games with SLI then dont update....

I have been hearing that SLI is not working with windows 8.1 have they said anything about a fix or is someone working on a fix in the forum?

I think there is a beta version of the bios in this forum to fix the watermark problem.

I think there is a beta version of the bios in this forum to fix the watermark problem.

Just enable secure boot in bios and boot "UEFI" not "Legacy" and it will remove the watermark.

2.X bios is as far as i can the people who have bought the machine with gt755m gpu, like me.

8.1 visually better than 8. Windows 8.1 have a start button on a taskbar, and doesn't have system checking. But anyway its your choice :56:

the water mark they're referring to is the Secure boot water mark. it is usually disabled at default. enable it to remove the watermark

anyone try it on 410p? Seems like lenovo has release driver for windows 8.1 (410p & 510p) dont know if it is problem free.

Drivers and software - IdeaPad Y410p Notebook

I've tried twice, and both times it's updated to the terrible 15.x wifi driver, which I've so far been unable to roll back, even when pulling the 14.8 drivers from the 8.0 install I've been updating from. Just keeps reverting back to 15. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I've since stuck with 8. I'll have to check out those drivers you posted though.,,

Does what slow fps? Tried what?

Yes. If it is an good idea to upgrade to 8.1? My Y500 is total crap it works well in games only when sli is off

I looked back at those drivers, and the 16.x Wifi drivers are there. I might have to try 8.1 again this week, as I definitely agree with the improved visuals. Seems to be a bit more fluid too. I'm still kinda leery of it, but that's what OneKeyBackup is for :-P

Windows 8 is garbage in my opinion. Microsoft designed it for complete idiots and failed to provide some kind of "advanced mode" for those of us who use our PC's for productivity rather than gimmicky games and apps from the Market.

hi guys, whether a modified BIOS for a second graphics card with fixed October 28?

On a laptop y500 with built-in windows 8.1 sli mode does not work. Need to update the BIOS from the site Lenovo from October 28, = (

@Satenex, yes it works. You have on support.lenovo.com for Y500 the vBIOS update for the second GPU 650M. Also you have the vBios leaked here. Did you performed all these steps?

I will honestly advise you to upgrade your bios to the 2.04 modded one from slv7 then flash the leaked vBIOS for the 2nd GPU.

2Florin, i don't understand you.. at the moment I have Lenovo Y500 with the BIOS v2.02 unlocked and "Y500 - Y400 - SLI 650m - 80.07.27.00.33 - OC.ROM" this bios for the second GPU, that is all I can overclock the GPU.But on windows 8.1, you must update the BIOS to the second GPU earned SLY, but to my knowledge when updating the BIOS second GPU it can not overclock.

Satenex, you are correct The new Win 8.1 650m Bios on Lenovos site will just get your second card functionality back. We are waiting/hoping sv17 will work his magic and mod this bios for overclocking as well.