Windows 8.1

noesges97

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone try it on 410p? Seems like lenovo has release driver for windows 8.1 (410p & 510p) dont know if it is problem free.

Drivers and software - IdeaPad Y410p Notebook

I've tried twice, and both times it's updated to the terrible 15.x wifi driver, which I've so far been unable to roll back, even when pulling the 14.8 drivers from the 8.0 install I've been updating from. Just keeps reverting back to 15. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I've since stuck with 8. I'll have to check out those drivers you posted though.,,

I looked back at those drivers, and the 16.x Wifi drivers are there. I might have to try 8.1 again this week, as I definitely agree with the improved visuals. Seems to be a bit more fluid too. I'm still kinda leery of it, but that's what OneKeyBackup is for :-P

@Satenex, yes it works. You have on support.lenovo.com for Y500 the vBIOS update for the second GPU 650M. Also you have the vBios leaked here. Did you performed all these steps?

I will honestly advise you to upgrade your bios to the 2.04 modded one from slv7 then flash the leaked vBIOS for the 2nd GPU.

2Florin, i don't understand you.. at the moment I have Lenovo Y500 with the BIOS v2.02 unlocked and "Y500 - Y400 - SLI 650m - 80.07.27.00.33 - OC.ROM" this bios for the second GPU, that is all I can overclock the GPU.But on windows 8.1, you must update the BIOS to the second GPU earned SLY, but to my knowledge when updating the BIOS second GPU it can not overclock.