Latest BIOS and EC FIRMWARE W230ST

gnikolaides

Hi guys I am new to the forum. I would like to know by updating my bios and firmware to the very latest will I get performance in games in terms of fps. Can somebody prove this with numbers? If not then why would someone want to update his BIOS and / or FIRMWARE? Unless there are hardware issues that need to be solved that my reseller did not consider updating me.

:07:

Dear Prema, after doing some homework with your 3D mark results I have concluded that your mod is super cool. You actually get more than 1000 3d marks which brings your system up to a new level. It's like you have upgraded your graphics card to gtx 770m which is 25 - 35 % in terms of fps if I am not mistaken. I have 2 more questions for you and I would appreciate if you could answer me.

1. Since I am rookie and I believe a lot of people out there are like me, could you please give us exact steps on how to upgrade both EC FIRMWARE and BIOS so that we don't mess up with our systems. I would mostly appreciate your help.

2. What happens with warranty? Can I go back to the stock BIOS in case of RMA?

If everything goes well I would be happy to make a donation.

Thank you. You are unbelievable. Keep up the good work.

• 1 month later...

Hello Prema.

I ordered this computer too and I read the fan is quite noisy. Does your modded bios improvethis and make it quiter ?

Other question: is it really better to use Windows 8 instead of 7 to get better power management features or things like optimus ?

Thank you.

Hello Prema.

I ordered this computer too and I read the fan is quite noisy. Does your modded bios improvethis and make it quiter ?

Other question: is it really better to use Windows 8 instead of 7 to get better power management features or things like optimus ?

Thank you.

Well. i'm not Prema, but I'm sure I could give you the answers you need.

You can "undervolt" your processor - It wouldn't create so much heat, and therefor it wouldn't be so loud.

As always - depending on yout geological environment. If you're a sahara-habitant, you'll get some problems ;)

As for Windows 7 / 8 - My experience tells me that Winows 8 (8.1) has a better management, and has a little bit more performance (concerning loading times and little things). It does sae some battery. It's marginally as It'd be about 10 Minutes more (also depending on what you'Re doing), but overall, I'd suggest you to give it a try.

It won't bite you ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

In that case, I'd suggest you stick to windows 7.

You could get a 180-day trial version of windows 8.1 - Get yourself Oracle Virtual Box, and install the 180-day windows Trial on a virtual machine - there you can test the OS and see if it fits for you. Microsoft says: "hurr durr! You'll have to upgrade sooner or later anyway"

Dear Prema, after doing some homework with your 3D mark results I have concluded that your mod is super cool. You actually get more than 1000 3d marks which brings your system up to a new level. It's like you have upgraded your graphics card to gtx 770m which is 25 - 35 % in terms of fps if I am not mistaken. I have 2 more questions for you and I would appreciate if you could answer me.

1. Since I am rookie and I believe a lot of people out there are like me, could you please give us exact steps on how to upgrade both EC FIRMWARE and BIOS so that we don't mess up with our systems. I would mostly appreciate your help.

2. What happens with warranty? Can I go back to the stock BIOS in case of RMA?

If everything goes well I would be happy to make a donation.

Thank you. You are unbelievable. Keep up the good work.

1: FLASHING GUIDE | Prema Mod