MSI GX740 upgrading RAM problem

piox2

Hi guys.

I bought new memory for my nb MSI GX740 with core i5 m460 processor. I have 4GB (2x2GB) of RAM and i bought 8GB (2x 4GB) ddr3 (PC3-10600S), but it isn't work. I mean win7 starts normally, but it is unstable - blue screen etc. I have already installed actual bios - 1.0F from MSI website, but new memory still not work properly. Any ideas why? I have checked it on GE70, and new RAM is ok.

:32_002:

1.First insert only one memory and tested in the space of two slots.

2. Then the second memory test separately.

3. If the BIOS can reduce access times, below the SPD.

4. If your BIOS allows you to increase the supply voltage of 0.02 V memory but did not.

5.Check that the cubes are just one side of the board memory (SS) or both sides (DS) and compare with the old memory.

6.It is possible that the motherboard can not cope with such filling-maximum 8 GB. Try to fill the banks: the new memory 4 GB + 2 GB memory old.

7.If nothing helps then you need to replace the memory.

8. it may on the page or the manufacturer's website Laptop memory is given kombatibilne memory on the motherboard.

I'm not a expert of laptops.

1.First insert only one memory and tested in the space of two slots.

2. Then the second memory test separately.

3. If the BIOS can reduce access times, below the SPD.

4. If your BIOS allows you to increase the supply voltage of 0.02 V memory but did not.

5.Check that the cubes are just one side of the board memory (SS) or both sides (DS) and compare with the old memory.

6.It is possible that the motherboard can not cope with such filling-maximum 8 GB. Try to fill the banks: the new memory 4 GB + 2 GB memory old.

7.If nothing helps then you need to replace the memory.

8. it may on the page or the manufacturer's website Laptop memory is given kombatibilne memory on the motherboard.

I'm not a expert of laptops.

Thanks for answer. I have already replaced memory from 16 chip to 8 chip 2x4 GB, but still the same problem. I will try your method tommorow.

write what he writes on the label on the memory. write what he writes on a small black squares (the bank) on the board (pcb), through a magnifying glass. Check what kind of type. How can you increase the access times for worse - long, very.

I'm not a expert of laptops !!!

10600 is 1333mhz ram... i5 460m supports only 1066mhz.

Now I know it should downclock, but it happened to me on my old gt660. I bought 1333mhz memory and got bluescreens during boot. - I put the memory to GT780 and found out (in cpu-z) that the memory doesnt have 1033mhz profile! only 1333mhz, 1600mhz and 1866 mhz! Right now I'm using it in GT780 clocked at 1600mhz. However if I set it in bios to 1033mhz I got bluescreens as well.

TLDR, it's the memory. - its not stable at 1033mhz.

10600 is 1333mhz ram... i5 460m supports only 1066mhz.

Now I know it should downclock, but it happened to me on my old gt660. I bought 1333mhz memory and got bluescreens during boot. - I put the memory to GT780 and found out (in cpu-z) that the memory doesnt have 1033mhz profile! only 1333mhz, 1600mhz and 1866 mhz! Right now I'm using it in GT780 clocked at 1600mhz. However if I set it in bios to 1033mhz I got bluescreens as well.

TLDR, it's the memory. - its not stable at 1033mhz.

Ok, but my old memory is 10600S too and windows works properly. So what?

So now we're playing with the soft:

1.Reset Bios - go into the bios press F9. And then the F10. YES validate changesTest

2 Install Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility 9.4.0.1026. Restart the computer .Test

3 Enter Safe Mode to Windows and check if the problem continues. Test

4 Linux distributions can try the CD "Live CD" - does not change your Windows. After the reboot you have Windows again. Test.

If, however, a problem in the hardware-memory I do not know how to fix the problem.

Try another memory installed.

Do you have a message from the BIOS at boot laptp "210: CPU Variable . MTRR configure failed"?

Overall, the new Samsung memory is very good. HM55 had some problems with the pairing but I have not found a concrete answer. It should be good and yet it is not.

• Bios Modder

I saw the pictures of your new memory, and confidently say - it's a fake!

In memory stick from Samsung never use Hynix chips! All markings on chips made a very rude and not correct.

Samsung RAM title M471B5273DH0-CH9 should have 16 chips (8 on each side)! You bought a fake! This is the whole problem.

Hey Klem. Give way to the Samsung. I could not dig. I found a specification Elixir.

In samsungu cube hynix. I do not know-but real. but hynix a very good memory.

I'll see. Coming back to the topic I think it's a problem of hardware-memory.

Tested on memtes86, and it shows errors after about 3 minutes. So it isn't windows fault. Before this 8 chip 8GB, i have 16 chip 8GB. Foto:

<a href=http://zapodaj.net/d66b73342efc9.jpg.html>20131016_142551.jpg</a>

And also do not work. Why? I can flash unlocked bios, but if i change timings will be some result? In zip file with unlocked bios for msi gx740 is 1 file, and instruction says that i need 3 files, so i how many files i need to flash it?

Thanks for help :)

• Bios Modder
Tested on memtes86, and it shows errors after about 3 minutes. So it isn't windows fault. Before this 8 chip 8GB, i have 16 chip 8GB. Foto:

20131016_142551.jpg

And also do not work. Why? I can flash unlocked bios, but if i change timings will be some result? In zip file with unlocked bios for msi gx740 is 1 file, and instruction says that i need 3 files, so i how many files i need to flash it?

Thanks for help :)

The memory module with 16 chips in this photo fake too!

Surely you do not see? On the modules Samsung soldered chips with labeled Hynix. But it no Hynix chips! It is fake! On the memory modules Samsung never put chips Hynix! And these chips despite the title Hynix, too fake!

I'm telling you exactly! Just buy a memory in the normal shop.

Fake or not, it should work. This ram is from msi ge70 and of course the same symptoms:

<a href=http://zapodaj.net/4fcbb3ba65c10.jpg.html>20131028_192721.jpg</a>

On ge70 this memory works great. But it have core i7 ;p

Someone flased unlocked bios on gx740?

• Bios Modder
Fake or not, it should work. This ram is from msi ge70 and of course the same symptoms:

20131028_192721.jpg

On ge70 this memory works great. But it have core i7 ;p

Someone flased unlocked bios on gx740?

This ram is good, and have very nice original Hynix chips CFR revision. It should work without any problem. But they frequency is 1600, some more then you need (1333).

• Bios Modder
You mean 1066?

No, you need 1333 memory, but 1066 compatible too (but 1333 best choice).

I say that in your foto from MSI memory stick is 1600 (to much for you).

Final Test: only one module and memtest. If there are no errors, remove the bios battery for 30 minutes.

If you are still wrong to change the memory.

Maybe it's a good idea to buy a memory 800/1066. Maybe the new memory SPD sets up time for new memory and hence these errors. I540 sped 800/1066

Give the new memory to store. How will you ever to shop with computers often have their own service. Ask about installation and test 8GB.

The change Bios do not do if you have never done!. 100% broken computer!

I think you have a lot of time to change the memory, so slowly. There will come a time that you change. How to live in the city are computer services out there talking. They have always reserves some memory.

Do not change the unofficial BIOS. It's a very big risk !!!! Better to wait, do not be impatient. Slowly. You will not notice the difference between the 4 gb and 8 gb, so you can wait for a replacement in the store or service

Final Test: only one module and memtest. If there are no errors, remove the bios battery for 30 minutes.

If you are still wrong to change the memory.

Maybe it's a good idea to buy a memory 800/1066. Maybe the new memory SPD sets up time for new memory and hence these errors. I540 sped 800/1066

Give the new memory to store. How will you ever to shop with computers often have their own service. Ask about installation and test 8GB.

The change Bios do not do if you have never done!. 100% broken computer!

I think you have a lot of time to change the memory, so slowly. There will come a time that you change. How to live in the city are computer services out there talking. They have always reserves some memory.

Do not change the unofficial BIOS. It's a very big risk !!!! Better to wait, do not be impatient. Slowly. You will not notice the difference between the 4 gb and 8 gb, so you can wait for a replacement in the store or service

One memory gives errors too. Ok, i won't change bios ;) I'm using cad programs to calculate construction and i see, that 4gb isn't enough. I will try to change memory again. Thanks for help miron ;)

Ok, but my old memory is 10600S too and windows works properly. So what?

Maybe I didnt write it clearly.

Open CPU-Z and look at memory profiles. there are several profiles for each memory.

softwares-cpuz-05.jpg

Here you can see pc3-8500 - because its in the motherboard that support only 1066MHz

If you stick this same module into newer mobo, it will run at 1333MhZ - PC 10600

Now this memory module was sold in box with a sticker saying pc3 8500 - who cares? in fact its 10600 memory! Yes it can run at 8500 speed. - beause it has the low freq. profile.

But - your memory module has JEDEC #1 = 609MHz, JEDEC#2= 685MHZ, ....

So it is 10600 memory - but the lowest profile is 609MHz = this memory can NOT run at 533MHz (1066Mhz) - it's not stable. The one o the picture can.

That means - you bought 1333MHZ memory. Yes it can run 1333MHz, unfortunately it cannot run lower, but it is possible that it can run even 1866Mhz!

The statement that faster memory can always run at lower frequency is a MYTH! - usually it can, but not always

Look at this one:

cpuz.png

It's PC 12800 - but lowest it can run is 10600 - this one cannot be used as 1066MHz memory - you will get blue screens, crashes etc.. (Probably your case.) - its not stable on freq. lower than 1333Mhz. The very same module on this second picture can be sold as 10600 if they want to sell it that way. In fact it's 12800 memory.

Maybe he's right BUGI writes. The PC can change the time access and Mhz and it is ok

I have not found a solution to this problem on the HM55 + I540.

Sorry.

Do not mod the BIOS.I do not know if the BIOS mod help. It is better not to do Bios mod.

I'm not expert for laptop

This prolem is wrong. Other owners change the memory in a laptop and it's ok

I wish you all good