Help on flash Vbios on gt683r

Bebotrip

Hello buddyes!

I have a gt683r and yesterday i burned my gtx 560m!! I buyed a new hd 7970m but its for msi nooteboks. I think this card cant runs on my system. The laptotp stay with unlocked bios, but the only parameters i modify its on cpu. Uemi boot stay enabled?

Whats the procediment for flashing a nwe vbios? Vbios MSI + gt683 its black screnn, sure?

Thanks for helping!

From http://forum.techinferno.com/msi/3345-dell-7970m-msi-gx660-2.html

I have a 7970m .22 vbios working on my gt683. And the card has uefi.

I just had to change one setting in the bios. One that lets you choose the priority between efi-compatible and legacy rom.

I use xonar's unlocked bios, and it is in advanced, then the first option in the menu, and then is the first setting. You just have to change from "efi-compatible" to "legacy rom". If you have the option.

Well, i could get you my bios image. With the settings i use, it has the legacy boot as default if you need to reset the bios. It also has an updated version of the rapid storage rom. Based on Xonar unlocked bios for gt683r.

Is your a msi branded or a barebone?

From my experience. You only need to change the boot settinh in the bios. From efi-compatible to legacy, and it will work fine. Mine is a dell one with .22 vbios. Not a single issue. I don't think you need to flash the vbios.

You need to access the bios settings and change the boot, or, flash a bios image with the right settings if you can't access the bios settings.

Maybe you already have it set for legacy boot and the card will work out of the box.

I dont recommend flashing any vbios. You need to read first wich ones are recommended. I didnt need to flash any vbios. I just changed the boot option and it worked fine, thats why i told you to try and reset the bios to the default settings. Sometimes its the only thing you need to do.

i tried to reset bios and everyting its the same. I flashed vbios becuse the screen tis green! But now its black, not boot.....i dont know whats its the best way to revive my laptop

Exactly which VBIOS did you flash and how?

Try flashing the stock bios then mine. Since you had xonar ones, maybe it didn't flash at all. The ones i sent to you are based on xonar's bios. He stated somewhere in his thread that sometimes the bios won't flash with the same image.