780m issue with nv inspector

tgotovac

ive been using nv inspector for awhile to overclock my 780m without any problems. I always checked the prioritize temperature check box and never had any issues up until about 2 days ago. now for some reason whenever I apply my overclock the prioritize temp check box unchecks itself. ive tried different drivers, and different versions of NVidia inspector and it still unchecks it self. any ideas as to why? any help would be great. thanks

the driver doesnt crash. i set my core to 1045MHz. it would be stable. i played BF4 for 2 hours at that clock using gpu-z to create a log, and my core clock never dropped from 1045MHz. just recently though it wont hold 1045 anymore. its all over the place ranging from 850-1045. i created another log and it shows as soon as the TDP exceeds 100% the clock drops. i never had this issue before. now if i set my power target limit in nv inspector to 146% the problem goes away and it holds the overclock. i never used to have to touch the power target setting, i would always just leave it at 100% and never any throttling. what could be the cause of this ?

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...

@AizenAwakened, I'd like to know that too. My guess is that it checks GPU temperature rather than Power Limit before GPU throttles when OCed. I did priorize temperature from both MSI Afterburner and Nvidia Inspector but I don't think it works because I still get throttle with OC due to max TDP limit (PerfCap Reason is green in GPU-Z) while the temps are 70-80 celsius.