Memory slots not working Need HELP!

I have an Alienware m17x R4.

Yesterday one of my rams got busted and the memory slots 2 and 4 don't work anymore. i have tried installing a good mem stick in each one to check but 1 and 3 work but 2 and 4 don't. Please post any solutions if u know

• Bios Modder

1. Make a backup of your original SYSTEM BIOS, using the following FTK (FPT) Software provided below: FTK: flash du BIOS et downgrade ASUS H61-H67-P67-Z68-B75-Z77-X79 - Carte mère - Hardware - FORUM HardWare.fr

Here is a link to the FPT Flashing software information and where to get the lastest version. Download the DOS Version. Its not in english but easy to understand, just click on the DOS version link.

2. You have to create a bootable USB and place the FPT DOS files into the USB Drive, the link i provided above will show you how to do this and it provides link to download the software to create the bootable USB. To be able to boot into your USB Stick, you must go to your BOOT Tab in BIOS menu and DISABLE Fast Boot, Enable Launch CSM, DIsable PXE Rom, then go to your SECURITY Tab and DISABLE Secure Boot. Save changes in BIOS and restart.

Or

- Enter the BIOS setup menu by pressing and holding F2 key when powering on.

- Switch to "Boot" and set “Launch CSM” to Enabled.

- Switch to "Security" and set "Secure Boot Control" to Disabled.

- Press F10 to save and exit.

- Press and hold ESC key to lunch boot menu when the notebook restarts.

3. To backup your old bios, after you have created the bootable USB Drive with FPT DOS files in it, you restart your laptop and boot from the USB Stick, then type in this command to make a backup of your original BIOS:

fpt -d backup.rom -BIOS

If you don't specify key -BIOS, it will fail to backup.

On a USB flash drive should have a new file backup.rom.

1. Make a backup of your original SYSTEM BIOS, using the following FTK (FPT) Software provided below: FTK: flash du BIOS et downgrade ASUS H61-H67-P67-Z68-B75-Z77-X79 - Carte mère - Hardware - FORUM HardWare.fr

Here is a link to the FPT Flashing software information and where to get the lastest version. Download the DOS Version. Its not in english but easy to understand, just click on the DOS version link.

2. You have to create a bootable USB and place the FPT DOS files into the USB Drive, the link i provided above will show you how to do this and it provides link to download the software to create the bootable USB. To be able to boot into your USB Stick, you must go to your BOOT Tab in BIOS menu and DISABLE Fast Boot, Enable Launch CSM, DIsable PXE Rom, then go to your SECURITY Tab and DISABLE Secure Boot. Save changes in BIOS and restart.

Or

- Enter the BIOS setup menu by pressing and holding F2 key when powering on.

- Switch to "Boot" and set “Launch CSM” to Enabled.

- Switch to "Security" and set "Secure Boot Control" to Disabled.

- Press F10 to save and exit.

- Press and hold ESC key to lunch boot menu when the notebook restarts.

3. To backup your old bios, after you have created the bootable USB Drive with FPT DOS files in it, you restart your laptop and boot from the USB Stick, then type in this command to make a backup of your original BIOS:

fpt -d backup.rom -BIOS

If you don't specify key -BIOS, it will fail to backup.

On a USB flash drive should have a new file backup.rom.

Yes, but in this case we do not know what happened exactly.

I have already reflashed by Bios with the A13 but the problem is still there so there is no problem in the bios i think

- - - Updated - - -

Try to put them in cross, i had same issue when upgrading ram,they would not go together,try one under keyboard and one other side see if works,did for me !

i troubleshooted my PC, removed all the rams and inserted the working one in to slot 1 2 3 4, slot 1 and 3 booted up the PC but slot 2 and 4 gave 4 beeps on startup. any suggestions?

i troubleshooted my PC, removed all the rams and inserted the working one in to slot 1 2 3 4, slot 1 and 3 booted up the PC but slot 2 and 4 gave 4 beeps on startup. any suggestions?

Maybe there's a dodgy physical connection associated with slot 2 & 4. You could try blowing any dust out from the slots using a can of compressed air, get any dirt off the contacts on the sticks of RAM, try replacing the RAM in slots 2 & 4 making sure they're slotting properly into place. Can't think of anything else you could try.

• Bios Modder

Try in the BIOS setup menu to turn on the "Default Settings" in the page "Save and Exit", and then F10 and Enter.

Any bios have different hidden menus and settings. With various reasons, some settings might be corrupted or modified.

post-11295-14494996276886_thumb.jpg