Gaming mouse for laptop

Its really a personal preference thing. If a mouse was going to make a difference between you going 57-3 in BF3 vs 10-32, you probably woudn't be asking for opinions on the subject. :) I have a Razer Orochi. Based on my experience with their customer service, I will probably always buy a Razer mouse unless something is really that much more comfortable and feature packed that I just can't say no to it.

For a laptop mouse I love the fact the Orochi is a bluetooth mouse that I can use without a dongle hanging off the side of my laptop. It just uses the built in Bluetooth module. Honestly, I have even gamed with it and it was just fine. However, after playing with it as a wired mouse for some time (performance is better in wired mode obviously) I can tell there is a slightly difference between the two modes as hard as I found it t believe I would ever notice the difference between 8 ms I believe it is and 1 ms. I mean we are talking milliseconds, who can really notice that?! Believe it or not when you play with a mouse for long enough, if you change it by even that small amount - your going to notice the difference. Especially in shooter type games or anything where a quick response is needed. In wired mode - 1 ms is all a person can ask for.

Laser tracking is uber smooth. The size is a bit small but for the way I grip a mouse, I love it even though I do have larger hands. I made be the exception to that preference so definitely make sure you check one out in person before pulling the trigger. Or at least be ready for a possible return in case it is to small for you. But I wanted something nice and small to carry around with my laptop. I take it with me everywhere. School, my girlfriends place, pretty much anywhere I go. So having something that is easy to pack into my backpack is really nice. After a year of use it still looks great.

I did have a problem with the wrapped USB cable. It got a kink in it and eventually the connection started getting goofy. I dont know what the deal was, but I had to have it in the port "just so" in order for it to work. At first I thought it was the USB port on my laptop but then I tried some other USB devices and realized it was indeed the cord. An email to Razer and a short time later, I had one in the mail - free of charge. When I company treats me right, offering up replacements with very little hassle - even if it was only a cable, earns them my future business in my books.

I dont think you can go wrong with any of the Razer products, but for a laptop/portable mouse - the Orochi takes the cake for me!

Well i'm using the Logitech G700s and it's a good comfortable mouse if you like to have your whole palm around a mouse. Also got the Razer Orochi for a while but that one is just too small, makes you go into this claw position with your hand. Depends on what you like with comfortability. Could also go for the Razer Mamba but that costs more than the Logitech G700s. The G700s is about 99$ i think the Mamba 120$ and the Orochi 70$.

depends on what youre looking for! there are specific mice for specific gaming types

for fps i'd recommend rat 7 for its precision aim, steelseries sensei or the zowie evo2

mmo wow , league of legeneds=, razer naga for suree ( i think they just updated it actually)

starcraft 2 and rts gaming anything will do really but if you look at the razer website they should give you specific types.

keep in mind that not all mice suit everybody depending on your type of grip!

Well i'm using the Logitech G700s and it's a good comfortable mouse if you like to have your whole palm around a mouse. Also got the Razer Orochi for a while but that one is just too small, makes you go into this claw position with your hand. Depends on what you like with comfortability. Could also go for the Razer Mamba but that costs more than the Logitech G700s. The G700s is about 99$ i think the Mamba 120$ and the Orochi 70$.

Second on the G700s, the mouse is quite decent and the main reason i avoided Razer is the rubber surface which will be eaten away as i have a sweaty palm. Another reason is that the battery for Razer wireless mouse is not commonly available in my area while this mouse uses 1 normal AA rechargeable battery so changing it will be a breeze...

Well, you don't say what games you play, or why you don't want too many buttons, or how many buttons or want, or etc. Personally, I like more buttons for gaming, as I can map them to things like grenades, weapon switching, etc. Or map them to different spells that can be cast, or etc.

So a generic recomendation would be the Logitech G700 or G500. I would skip the "s" versions as the upgrade doesn't add much.

Also the Logitech G602 looks good. It is cordless, like the G700, but the battery lasts for a super long time. The reviews from Amazon reviewers look good so far.

Look at the mice and try to find one that fits your hand and how you hold it. Also try hitting the various buttons.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm using the Performance Mouse MX since 1,5 years and i like it a lot.

You can configure it not in so much ways, but i have big hands and i like how it feels.

It has the "Darkfield" sensor and you can use it on pretty much every ground.

• 2 weeks later...

I LOVE the Logitech G700 for gaming. It has an almost "sandpaper" type of grip around the edges so that you can get a great grip. My only gripe with the mouse is the really short battery life. If I'm gaming, it will maybe only last 3-4 hours max. Thankfully, the charging cord is just a micro USB so you can plug it in while playing if needed. Just my 2 cents!

Hi there. I don't usually trust Razer products since they're kinda overpriced and aren't very reliable. This is just my opinion and of experience so others might think different. I currently own a Logitech G700 and it's a beast. Since you have a laptop you'll love its portability since it's both operational wired and wireless and I cannot see the difference between them even though wireless mice get a lot of slack for input lag and whatnot. It's laser so it's super accurate and it has just enough keys to be practical but not stupid amount of em.

• 2 weeks later...

i agree with the people recommending logitec mice, i've had a few of them and they are fairly durable and comfortable in my hand though currently i'm using a fierce gaming mouse i got from a refurbished electronics store, it runs on 2 aaa batteries. i picked it up as it was cheap and i figured it couldn't be all that bad. with cheap re-chargeable batteries it's been fairly reliable so far. the next one i pick up when i inevitably break this one will most certainly be something from logitec

Hi,

I'm using the Performance Mouse MX since 1,5 years and i like it a lot.

You can configure it not in so much ways, but i have big hands and i like how it feels.

It has the "Darkfield" sensor and you can use it on pretty much every ground.

I have one as well.

It's definitely not a great gaming mouse, though (and not designed to be one).

First of all, there is considerable input lag due to wireless connection.

Secondly, it's very heavy, which generally slows down your reaction.

I could recommend Razer Deathadder 2013. It's light, comfortable and very precise, but durability concerns are stopping me from dragging it around with my laptop.

Logitech G400 is a good option. Build like a tank and inexpensive. Very good sensor, too.

I can vouch for the G700s, even though I have the Non-S model. I've had it for a few years now and I love how you can use it as both a wired or wireless mouse.

The S model has a higher Dpi than my regular one, and that's pretty much the only big difference that I can find between the two.

If you can find the regular one, it's probably cheaper now. But the S is $100, and well worth it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk