Intel DX58SO Bios Issues -- Help Needed

daveross

Hi All

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read this, as I am sure that there have probably been a lot if request for help with this particular make of board.

I am currently using a old backup machine (which is from the ark) as my Intel DX58SO just decided to bite the dust..... this was about +- 3 months ago. Since then I have read almost every forum and or piece of info related to this particular bios,

so far every attempt to restore this bios has failed, I have even gone as far as building several flash tools ranging from Ezo's flash v4.4 to Willem Programmer V3.1, I finally achieved programming success with SPI Flash Programmer.

Now my issue is that the bios downloaded from Intel's support page is in a container which gets extracted and repackaged within the bios chip being programmed. (the use of this particular system for bios flashing still eludes me.)

I am in no way an engineer or programmer, it has been of interest to me in the past as I wanted to be a engineer. anyway what I am asking for is a backup of a working DX58SO bios so that I can flash it with a serial programmer, or

if someone could please explain how I could unpack the original bios file from Intel and rebuild my bios with a bios editor.(sounds like a huge amount of work from what I have read on other forums as I do not have the programming knowledge

to undertake said project.)

Any help regarding this matter would be appreciated as I cannot afford to purchase a new board and processor. In advance thanks for taking the time to read this and potentially assist me with my little problem.

How exactly did your mobo fail? You're talking about a messed up bios, but did the board actually stop working directly after a bios flash?

Intel provides encapsulated firmware updates, as most vendors. The problem is that it does not seem to contain a descriptor or ME part, so I'm pretty sure it is only the bios and not the complete firmware, which won't be of any help for you. I very much doubt that Intel omitted the descritptor and ME part in an Intel motherboard bios.

You say you have a programmer, can you provide a dump of your bios chip?

My board failed after a incorrect shutdown due to a power failure, on the first boot I was asked to restore bios setting and after re-boot I got a black screen fans on etc... no error beep codes no post screen.

the only thing I can think of is a corrupt bios. I have tried all the recommended restore procedures without any success.