A11 unlocked & xHCI question

MrCat

Hi,

I'm on a m17x r4 and I'm having problems with a new presonus audiobox vsl1818 audio-interface: crackling, distorted sound. Having browsed through many forums it would appear the problem is ivy bridge and the xhci usb 3.0, on usb 2.0 the audio interface works fine but I've only got usb 3.0 ports. On many machines the distorted sound problem could be solved by uninstalling the xhci usb 3.0 driver in programs and features, or in the bios, so that the usb 3.0 ports act as usb 2.0 ports. Now, on dell machines this option can not be found in the bios, and the driver can't be found in programs and features.

Would flashing to an unlocked A11 give me the option to disable xHCI and make my usb 3.0 ports act as usb 2.0?

I'm new at this forum and therefor I can not the pictures nor download the files from vsl7's thread: http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware-m17x-aw-17/1964-%5Bm17x-r4%5D-unlocked-bios-versions.html

so I don't know if flashing to unlocked a11 will save the day..?

Meow,

Cat

Sounds promising, otherwise i'd have to return this audio-interface. I've managed to downgrade from A12 to stock A5, and flashed to A11, when I get more forum privileges I'll try to flash the unlocked A11, thats the way to go, right?

Meow

Just want to say it all worked out!!

Thank you so much vsl7! Getting my bios flashed to the unlocked A11 gave me the options to turn off xHCI and made my new audio-interface work, it totally kicks ass!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...