IMDisk

I wanted to share my experience with Imdisk as I did not see a post about it. I have 32gb of memory in my alienware m17x and I partition 16gb of said memory to be set as a gaming drive. This has dramatically reduced lag in almost all the games that I play. I am happy to help anyone (with enough memory) setup a drive and have it autostart (task scheduler) with windows. Please PM me with any questions. Also, does anyone else here run a ramdisk and what are your thoughts?

I also use IMDisk for certain games where rapid loading of textures helps immensely. I have 16GB of RAM (I only have two slots). So I allocate half of it to a RAM disk when needed. Mainly when I play Skyrim. I have all of the (high-res) textures and a few miscellaneous other things loaded to my ramdisk. I have a junction link setup for the related files (the 'textures' folder references the R:\textures essentially).

And yes, it helps immensely. Only really helps with games that need to load a bunch of stuff at once.

• 3 weeks later...

Portable browsers option Mozilla Firefox, Portable Edition | PortableApps.com - Portable software for USB, portable and cloud drives Dragon/Chrome https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cd/comodo-dragon-ver-291-is-now-available-for-download-t98761.0.html with Imdisk, Task scheduler create Task>User "System" / Run hidden / check run with the highest privileges>Triggers /Begin Task at Startup>Actions Program / imdisk Arguments -a -s 1024M -m J: -p "/fs:NTFS /v:RAMDisk /q /y" (1GB ramdisk, 512MB, 256MB.....) Conditions>Uncheck everything>Settings>Uncheck Stop the task if it runs longer than 3 days, I have Both Dragon and Firefox, speed :D save passwords etc...and place it in the portable browsers folder.

Batch file, launch at startup edit Imdisk task, Actions>New>Programs/batch file location...

@echo off

XCOPY D:\PortableBrowsers\*.* J:\PortableBrowsers\ /E /Y /C

"D" set the proper drive letter, PortableBrowsers folder / root directory.

+Speed + Security + SSD lifespan.....:D