Lenovo Y580 Wifi Issue

mikew123

I've noticed recently that my download speeds significantly drop moving more than 15ft away from the router on my lenovo y580. My download speeds are 20mb and 5mb upload 5 ft from the router, but when i go to my bedroom 20ft away and through a wall it still shows very good to excellent connection but the download speeds are 5mb and 1mb upload. All online gaming is incredibly laggy and web browsing is slow. What would be the best way to fix this problem. Replacing the WiFi card? I tried running intel wireless tools diagnostics but all tests passed. My laptop has the intel centrino 2200 wifi card.

• 6 years later...

Change the card. If you do not want to bother, then choose from the list of allowed. If it is not possible to find a card from the list, then you can always alter the BIOS with a clean white sheet. E in general, use a cable for better speed.

Oh yes, I forgot you can also put another modem, the speed and range of the connection also very much depends on it. If you have a modem provided by your provider, then you can safely change it, or add a repeater.