Bad bios flash in MSI Gt60 2OD. Help me recover my notebook!

Calj25

Please guys help me. I decided to update the bios for my msi gt60 2OD gamer notebook. Downloaded the original AHCI bios file from msi global notebook site link MSI Global GT60 2OD

I did download the file w8_E16F4IMS.50E.zip AHCI Bios then flashed the bios file using the flash utility afuwinx64.exe provided in the folder. I typed at the DOS command window inside windows 8 x64 the command afuwinx64.exe E16F4IMS50E after that the fans of notebook made noise and at the DOS window showed OK DONE for all steps of flashing. Then i shut down windows 8. Power the notebook hit del enter the New flashed bios hit f9 for optimal settings then save changes and restart. After the restart I got permanent black screen, nothing works. Help me recover my bios and make my notebook work again. How can I reflash or do this blind flash procedure i heard about at the site. Please guide me I need my notebook back

Ok , take all the power of so the battery and the A-C adapter hold for 5 sec the power button down.

so there is no power more in your system , now remove the bottom plate .

And carefully remove the cable next to your fan ! For a clear cmos reset.

if you dont know where or what cable it can be found on the msi forum.

one more time becareafull its a very thin cable.

see if that works

regards ,

jean Paul

Send from my iphone5

I have done this. Did not work. Keeps black screen. I think I need to reflash the bios. Help me reflash. Teach me how to do this blind flash procedure. My bios file avaible at msi global site is E16F4IMS.50E

How to reflash this making blind flash. Here is the link for the bios files. Please help me.

Link for bios

http://www.msi.com/product/nb/GT60-2OD.html#download

You can reflash your bios directly from the bios menu, make sure you selected the adequate bios AHCI or RAID sata mode and your OS !

Just press DEL enter the bios menu and you'll find the option update bios : plug in your usb and you'll be able to select the file : chose the file that begins with E16F4 and flash it.

I have done this. Did not work. Keeps black screen. I think I need to reflash the bios. Help me reflash. Teach me how to do this blind flash procedure. My bios file avaible at msi global site is E16F4IMS.50E

How to reflash this making blind flash. Here is the link for the bios files. Please help me.

Link for bios

http://www.msi.com/product/nb/GT60-2OD.html#download

The experience i've had with all the failed BIOS flashes i've had is that there's no way to possibly recover it without the brand support. In both laptops and motherboards, so i'd say you'll have to contact MSI support. Anyway im not an expert and i dont know if MSI has some kind of bios crash feature that maybe reads a file over a USB in case the BIOS doesnt' boot so i'll wait for the experts.

Good luck

I've read better and this thread says the procedure to follow:

http://forum.techinferno.com/msi/1839-msi-g-series-unlocked-bios.html

Case 2:

In case of a BAD flash, a blind-flash will be required.

1. Remove any files from your USB that aren't the necessary bootable DOS files.

2. Pick a ROM you want to flash (doesn't have to be the original), but it MUST be one for your notebook specifically.

3. Rename the file.ROM to AMIBOOT.ROM and put it on your flash drive.

4. Plug in your flash drive in a USB 2.0 slot.

5. As soon as your notebook turns on and nothing is displayed, spam Ctrl + Home (In my case, the MS-16F2 is Ctrl + Fn + PgUp or Ctrl + Shift + NumPad 7).

6. You should hear four (4) beeps and the BIOS should begin flashing itself.

Case 2:

2. Pick a ROM you want to flash (doesn't have to be the original), but it MUST be one for your notebook specifically.

5. As soon as your notebook turns on and nothing is displayed, spam Ctrl + Home (In my case, the MS-16F2 is Ctrl + Fn + PgUp or Ctrl + Shift + NumPad 7).

6. You should hear four (4) beeps and the BIOS should begin flashing itself.

I need the correct keys to hold in order to blind flash. My bios file name is not .rom format, the format is E16F4IMS.50E. How should I rename it. The others files in bios folder are flash.bat and afudos.exe. Ineed the correct keys to hold and how to rename files

you can just rename it to .ROM but there is possibility that i doenst work ! , the listed bios file that you posted above this post was it UEFI ? also did you flashed the bios in UEFI ? since it was a ROM file ? or the otherway because that explains you had a bad flash .

did you try this ?

Case 2:

6. You should hear four (4) beeps and the BIOS should begin flashing itself

if those controls dont work , i dont know what control you should use then ? Perhaps make a thread on MSI forum it self a admin will help you there .

Altough i recommend you not ever flashing INSIDE windows it self always do it trough DOS it self.

as per the instructions you need to "spam" Ctrl + Home which in the case of the MSI GT60 laptops means Ctrl + Fn + Pgup in order to get the Home function, it would definitely be Ctrl + Home if you are using an external keyboard, however im not sure that an external usb keyboard would work for this Blind Flashing function as the Bios might have not yet initiated the USB controller

(which in turn makes me wonder if the Ctrl + Fn + Pgup also works as the Fn function seem to also be bios dependent)

• 3 weeks later...