Unable to flash unlocked uefi bios

ciwei100000

I have exactly the same problem on my gt60 2OD, my original bios has an extension of 50e and it is intended for AHCI operation while the RAID bios ends with a 70E

having a superraid2 array with 3 ssd's i wanted to flash the 70e bios named RAID bios but found myself unable to do it with the below error message : "Unable to start a secure flash session" .

the RAID bios is really important to me as when i reset my cmos data the system automatically reverts to the ahci mode rendering the RAID array useless

I've got this problem too. I'm trying to unlock the hyperthreading settings and the graphic card switching. By the way, do you know how can I set access to "User" to a whole submenu in AMIBCP? It's a hard work doing it one at a time

Are you booting full UEFI with GPT?

There is no need to flash a modified BIOS to enable or disable other options such as hyperthreading with these notebooks.

Here's the link I tried to provide you on how to enable the advanced and hidden options without flashing BIOS but replies seem to be getting tied up waiting to be approved for literally days.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

MSI sperate Win7 and win8 bios for some reason

Sometimes on win7 based notebook they put some hardware, but on Win8 based they put other hardware that why they lock it

On my GT60 0nc based on win7 bios I try to install win8 bios... after many try I sucefully reach my goal but the keyboard didn't work after so i came back to win7 bios after with an external keyboard

• 3 weeks later...
MSI sperate Win7 and win8 bios for some reason

Sometimes on win7 based notebook they put some hardware, but on Win8 based they put other hardware that why they lock it

On my GT60 0nc based on win7 bios I try to install win8 bios... after many try I sucefully reach my goal but the keyboard didn't work after so i came back to win7 bios after with an external keyboard

Luckily, win8 bios works fine with my external keyboard.:very_drunk: