New member w/ 8770w

Hi i'm from Chile and new here, i have a 8770w with a k3000m.

I found this forum searching for a modded bios for the vcard, but i'll like to know too if someone have already tried to get a 512GB msata ssd working into the msata port that comes empty.

Thanks, and srry for the misspellings.

• 2 weeks later...

Normally I'd say it will work without issues, but HP seems to have fun to whitelist anything that is not soldered on... so I can't tell. Got a 8570W standing here at the moment, but no mSata for testing.

I've seen reports on other forums that 8470/8570 doesn't have mSATA boot support but does work as a RAID-0 'caching' volume. One user reportedly did a Win7/8 installation onto the mSATA volume but the boot process used the bootmgr/BCD installed on his primary drive. Would love to give you a link but don't have it at hand. It was either hpfocus.com or 51nb.com.

• 3 weeks later...
People have been putting 680m in 8760w/8770w,so it should not be a problem.

Ivy bridge hp (i. E 8770w) dropped wifi whitelist even afaik.

The WiFi whitelist is removed in this generation comercial notebook like 8770w, but the WWAN card whitelist is still existing.

For msata storage, it is not suppoted yet for booting. But i do know if anybody can try if it will work for UEFI booting/installation.

Thanks.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...