y500/510p 750m ultrabay BIOS

RedLionRisen

Make an oops?

This is the backup original Ultrabay Bios from my Lenovo Y510p SLI when I flashed mine over to the modded vbios...

ORIG.rom

I was actually trying to flash a 650m ultrabay with a 750m BIOS. It was successful, but the OS still sees it as a 650m. It seems that either the name/device ID will need to be changed in the firmware, or possibly a modification of the nvidia driver .inf files to install as a 750m will be needed to get SLI to work in a 750m system. Even then, the BIOS may need to be unlocked and the whitelist removed if the firmware/hardware device ID isn't changed.

I'd imagine that you'd need to change the name / Device ID. I don't think that changing it is necessary. From my understanding it's the same hardware, they just changed the clocks. Keep in mind that even though the hardware is the same, the manufacturing may have improved over time allowing for the higher clocks.

I'd imagine that you'd need to change the name / Device ID. I don't think that changing it is necessary. From my understanding it's the same hardware, they just changed the clocks. Keep in mind that even though the hardware is the same, the manufacturing may have improved over time allowing for the higher clocks.

But if the system reads the card as a 650m, I doubt it'll allow for the SLI configuration in a 750m system. I know from others that putting a regular 650m into a 750m system without a modified BIOS to remove the whitelist will prevent the system from starting. OTOH, I haven't heard of anyone with a modified BIOS trying it, but I still doubt it'd work off the bat because SLI requires the cards to be "the same". The nvidia drivers read the device ID in the gpu's firmware to determine what card it is and the SLI compatibility.