Modded nvdmn.inf v331.40 Alienware M17XR2/R3/R4 3D + M18XR1/R2 Nvidia GTX 680M / 780M

J95

hello all,

i have download the driver 331.40, replaced the nvdm file, when i lauch the driver install it passed the hardware check and once the instalation begin it looks like if it was working but the the instalation failed. please help

my system: alienware m17X r2, geforce gtx 680m

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for posting again, also did not Uninstall current drivers as i dont kno how its done, now my computer reads my grapgic card as non existent.

Windows version ?

Uninstall Nvidia drivers under Programs and Features or use Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V9.2 select first uninstall option "Highly recommended".

Latest drivers http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia/5054-modded-nvdmn-inf-v331-65-alienware-m17xr2-r3-r4-3d-m18xr1-r2-nvidia-gtx-680m-780m.html

Windows 8, disable driver signing before installing drivers.

Command Prompt (Admin) Win key + X Type:

bcdedit /set {current} testsigning yes

"The operation completed successfully">reboot>Install drivers.

Exit test mode, cmd (admin) type:

bcdedit /set {current} testsigning no

>reboot.

ok, i dont have an anti virus, just windows defender witch i just disabled and tried to uninstal again, same error come up. finished downloading the new driver and i changed the nvdmn file with yours, it goes tru the hardware check but failed after instalation start, for the command prompt i did wat u said but it happens so quickly that i cant see if its succeed or not anyhow i did reeboot and try the drivers again and still the same problem.

Logged in as an administrator ?

Press SHIFT key while clicking on Restart, Windows Startup settings>disable driver signing>Install driver>custom install option>check clean install.

bcdedit /set {current} testsigning no is that the one to disable the sign in or is the one finishing by yes?

bcdedit /set {current} testsigning yes >enter.

"The operation concluded successfully" >reboot then install drivers.

i hate to do this, but i install the driver fine, i can watch movie tru my hdmi but when i lauch bf4 its lagging really bad, and it was not lagging before i had the problem and had to reinstal my card, my other games are laggy as well. any ideas?

- - - Updated - - -

also hd video lag really bad as well

Try to clean install drivers v331.65 Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V9.4 first uninstall option, to avoid issues with DDU run it under safe mode.

cmd (admin)

bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy

>reboot>keep pressing F8 like win7>safe mode option>run DDU - select first uninstall option>reinstall drivers (normal mode).

Restore default boot menu.

bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy standard

>reboot.

Edit : Before installing drivers delete the following sub-folders under C:\Nvidia...\International\.

Display.Optimus

Display.Update

GFExperience

GFExperience.NvStreamC

GFExperience.NVStreamSrv

LEDVisualizer

MS.NET

ShadowPlay