Help with GTX 675MX in m15x?

LucidBlue

A little more info... When trying to boot, the fans turn on but the screen is black and I get flashing scroll and caps lock lights. I see that is Dells code for a faulty graphics card.

I assume this means the card is DOA?

This is the card...

Wholesale Product Snapshot Product name is new Nvidia GeForce CLEVO GTX 675MX 4GB GDDR5 for Clevo ,MSI,Alienware m15x m17x m18x

Not much for responses... That can't be a good sign.

If the card were good, shouldn't I at least be able to get to the bios or boot menu?

I'm trying to understand how all this works, but is it correct that even if you have to flash the vBios, you still need to get to a boot menu to do that?

Anyone?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The card has the wrong vbios on it. Cards with an optimus bios will halt booting if they are in a laptop with no igpu. Since the m15x lacks an igpu you get this problem. The bios you need to put on your card is an msi bios. They are compatible with clevo cards and are for laptops without an igpu. Alienware vbios does not work on clevo cards.

No, Optimus doesn't matter at all. Also the problem in this case is not the vbios, either the card is defective or not seated properly in the slot.

Svl7 is the best at this so listen to him.

So out of curiosity, only the p1xxhm series of igpuless laptops will refuse to boot with an optimus vbios?