8970M in P150EM

FGame

OK.

I put a 8970M in P150EM now.

Yes its works!

But in Bios show : VGA CARD EMPTY

When a flash VBIOS to non enduro i receive a error message code 0006 by atiflash.

Is the laptop beeping at you and shutting down after a few minutes with the 8970m?

And is this a Dell 8970m or a clevo 8970m?

• 5 weeks later...
So the VGA CARD EMPTY has 0 effect on the over-all performance of the GPU? Is it possible to get the Enduro switchable graphics working as well?

Enduro should work by default. If it wasn't your battery would last only 2 hours at best. You can play around with enduro settings by right clicking on your desktop and clicking "configure switchable graphics".

• 5 months later...

I would like to know if it's possible to do that because i want to upgrade from 7970m to 8970m, only because vram 2gb vs 4gb !

So if this works I win in 2 ways first the more vram for games like bf4 (using 1.8gb for now) and second, not too important, an updated card !

My question is did I need some especial vbios or a modify bios to make amd 8970m compatible and work well on my clevo P150EM ?

• 1 month later...
Is the laptop beeping at you and shutting down after a few minutes with the 8970m?

And is this a Dell 8970m or a clevo 8970m?

I just replaced my broken HD6970M with a new one and my Clevo P150 is now beeping and shuting down after ~1min.

You might know what this is about?

Thanks in advance.

Clevo motherboards cannot properly read the temperature sensor on dell amd cards. Amd cards from clevo or msi are fine, and nvidia cards from anyone that are not the 780m or 880m are fine. It sounds like your replacement card was a dell.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...
On 6/11/2014 at 11:22 PM, Khenglish said:

Clevo motherboards cannot properly read the temperature sensor on dell amd cards. Amd cards from clevo or msi are fine, and nvidia cards from anyone that are not the 780m or 880m are fine. It sounds like your replacement card was a dell.

I need help please, i bought 8970m for my p170sm clevo. My old 8970m died, started having artefacts and thats reason i bought new one. But it seems i got wrong card becouse my laptop starts to make alarm sounds and caps lock, num pad and leds near power button start to blink, after maybe one minute of blinking and sounds laptop turns off.Fans are spinning at max speed also. I have prema bios. I tryed few bios for new graphic card but no help also. I even tryed bios from my old card but nothing. When i put my old dying car back, there is no problem anymore(except i cant use 3d apps becouse card is dying) and i can use pc normaly.Is there anything i can do or try becouse i have waited almost 2 months for card to come, and i really dont want to return it and wait again... This is the card i bought https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B081D5KG8X?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image
As i see by the other posts on forum it seems that either my card is not compatible (it should be), or temperature sensor is faulty (but it works with old card so probably it isnt). I tryed ecu reset also, all things i could find on forums and from people that had similar problem.Graphic card ia recognized in windows and in bios also. I really dont know what else to do and try. I have video of problem if needed i can upload it and put link here. Hope to find some kind of solution, im still a believer haha

Thanks for answers
Edited by Improwizz
Added few things