M14X Second HDD Optical drive caddy problem

Hi guys i don't post much because i usually read and find solutions but this time i don't know what to do the machine it's been great so far i had couple problems already solved like

#1 palm rest getting hot : Solved by replacing with SSD

#2 BSOD's at startup : Solved by uninstalling intel rapid storage drivers

note: my SSD is a patriot inferno 120GB sandforce controller sf-1222 for reference

#3 Refresh Rate going back to 40HZ on battery : solved by installing latest intel IGP drivers

#4 Low transfer speed on secondary HDD installed on the ODD caddy the transfers start good and slowly go down to 5MB i test the drive with an external docking station and it works perfect so the problem is on the caddy i don't know if is a power issue on is not compatible with Sata 3 ,don't even know if the optical drive connector is sata 3 but my drive is a samsung spinpoint sata 2 : no solution yet i need the space because all my games are on the HDD and only couple on the SSD :too_sad:

• Thumbs Up 3