MSI GT70 ONE 4GB 680M which bios ?

labonator

Hello ,

Well first let me say im new here !:)

Im here because i would like to get some more horse power out of my 4GB GTX680M

Now i have it on 905 mhz core clock and 2250 memory clock .

But like more here i guess i people how get 980 mhz or more on the coreclock and is stable for 24.7 ..

Now i read for a week the whole formum through and i have to be honest i dont know what Vbios i need to pick now .

I know how to flash a Nvidia Vbios and how to back it up ect.

My card specs are :

Bios version : 80.04.33.00.24 ( P2051-b002)

Device ID : 10DE-11A0

subvendor : MSI (1462)

im running currently 327 drivers ( the latest ) and there fine no problems at all , i just want to get some more juice out of my card ! ( im running the machine @ 180watt psu . )

If some one would be so kind to tell me which Vbios i need to download ?

Thank !

greetings ,

Jean Paul

• Founder

Is the 680M an MSI card or Clevo? If it's MSI, then give this vbios a shot: http://forum.techinferno.com/attachments/general-notebook-discussions/5861d1359120553-msi-680m-80.04.33.00.24_ocedition_revised_02.zip and use nvidia inspector to set it to about 950 mhz core and 1100 mhz memory and then create shortcuts. You can then use taskmanager to execute those shortcuts on startup for 24/7 settings. This should give you decent temps and work within the power threshold of your PSU. Temps should be good too.

P.S. If that doesn't hold, you may need to try the OV version but it'll run hotter and draw more power. After about 950 mhz you start seeing diminishing real world returns with 680M.

• Thumbs Up 2

Thank Brain for the quick Reply ,

Like i mentioned above everything is straight out of the box so the card is from MSI it self .

Ill try that first version like you said , if im still not satisfied ill try the OV version .

Like you said you''re self will 180watt be enough for a fat OC on the GPU ?

Since him here anyway , i have a other question i can get a intel core i7 3920XM for a decent price .

If i would use that one on stock ( since its still faster then the 3630QM ) and run the GPU on OC would 180 watt be enough ?

If not where can you buy larger psu's and does everything work out of the box with psu for laptops ?

Regards ,

Ps ; with memory on 1100 mhz ? its then effective @ 4400mhz right ? Or do you main 2200 effective

Jean Paul

• 4 months later...
Thank for giving me download permission !

So i flashed the 1025V version and it works superB ! now @ 980 core and 2250 memory clock !:)

If some still knows on my other question that i asked in this topic i would like to know !:)

May I ask at what temperature do you run GPU now? (sorry - can't PM :)

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the super late respone ! but i started my own buisness so i had it kinda busy :P .

Now i also do not own the GT70 anymore since i jumped to a brand new Alienware 17.

but i still know what my temps where , overclocked under load they hitted 80c.

Hi Labonator,

I have the same card in my Medion but the 2GB version.

It will happily run at 1050 core and 2500 memory 24/7

but

It is always a balance, to run it at those clocks in for example Heaven 4.0 the temps are 81C and in 3Dmark11 77C.

also my scores are pants with 7K in 3Dmark11 and 1078 in Heaven4.0 2X anti alias.

I guess it boils down to the whole package - my CPU is a 3630QM and although I have 16GB ram it is only 1333mhz.

I have only messed with the stock Vbios and upped the core and memory running on stock Vbios.

Perhaps your answer to increased performance is in a different modded Vbios.

Regards

GW

• 2 years later...

Is there a way to run the new drivers OC but at stock speed if you don't want to overclock?  I am not doubting the Ocing of the msi 4gb/2gb, I am just one of those who prefer stock (for warranty purposes or heat reasons) - and no I am not anti-ocing, I like to see how well a part (generally) does without the need for Liquid-Nit, a 10 ton copper heatsink, 10 ft tall heatsink, as that will speak to the quality of the product and if it is being pushed to near max at stock speed.