PROBLEM: GTX Titan framerate drop

doca

Helo people,

I have very bad problem. I have Gainward GTX Titan, and everything worked fine, for some time. I use it mostly for work (3d), and occasionally to play some games. Recently, Titan started to behave strange. Suddenly in the middle of the game, framerate drops to even 5-6 fps. I tried all the drivers, even tried to flush bios, but, the problem is still there. I attached screenshot of MSI Aferburner monitor. It is captured while I was playing game. What is noticeable, is that when eveyrthing is ok, car is running at about 20-30% gpu usage, and around 1.5 GB of ram consumed. Then after short time, gpu usage jumps to 100% and memory usage up to 3 even 4 gb of graphic card ram and framerate drops to very few fps. When I do ALT+TAB to switch from game to desktop, everything goes back to normal... and again, when I return to game after short time (sometimes 5, and sometimes 30sec), the game stops to respond normally, framerate drops again, and... ALT+TAB... :-(

Does anyone have any idea what can be the problem?

Thanks in advance.

post-17631-14494996129808_thumb.jpg

What cpu do you have ? it could be that youre cpu is getting to hot and starting to thorrtel . if you have a intel cpu you could disable in bios speed step .im a little familiar with this problem i had it with my gtx680 when you hit ALT + ENTER ( so window mode ) normaly the gpu usage shoots up agian . Try that .

@doca

I don't have any experience with Gigabyte nor X58 board but on my Z87 board I would just disable Intel Turbo Boost and disable all C-states so it will stay at 3.4 GHz all the time without being downclocked and overclocked automatically.

What's your CPU temp in gaming ? I don't think Fifa13 will stress the Titan that hard. It could also be a driver problem, though.