Clevo W230ST LCD Issue

devilbladz

Wow, I can't believe that shipped out. You'd think someone would notice it before it left; assuming it wasn't damaged in shipping. I don't know if reflex notebook offers this feature, but they can send you a replacement part and you can send back the defective part; it's called a Cross-ship according to XoticPC back over on NBR. They won't cross-ship for everything, though. They may not want to let you get a screen that way. If you know where to find a disassembly guide though (I believe there's one on this forum you can get access to when you make enough quality posts) you can try to do it yourself, but if you mess up that'll be the end of your warranty.

Manufacturers or builders generally won't allow end users (customers) change major parts like screens themselves. RAM, HDD and optical, etc are user upgradeable, but if anything else is taken to bits, your warranty is often voided, especially if as D2 Ultima said, you accidentally damage something as you do it. I custom build Clevo chassis, we have the same sort of policy, we ask customers to return the machine during the warranty for major faults including transit damage.

I just did a panel exchange on my W230ST myself, about the easiest repair you could imagine, you just have to unclip the lcd front cover carefully, remove 4 screws, remove the adhesive tape that holds the cable to the panel, replace the panel and put it all together again. Takes 5 minutes at most.

• 2 years later...
On 10/4/2013 at 7:32 AM, Shipwreck79 said:

I just did a panel exchange on my W230ST myself, about the easiest repair you could imagine, you just have to unclip the lcd front cover carefully, remove 4 screws, remove the adhesive tape that holds the cable to the panel, replace the panel and put it all together again. Takes 5 minutes at most.

Wish me luck then. I think my cable from motherboard to my LCD panel is broken because my screen is flickering off and on, to the point it's unworkable unfortunately.