EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
tokamak

y510p ram upgrade and bios mod

y510p ram upgrade question here. I purchased 2x8Gig Kingston Hyper-X ddr3 1.5v 1600 modules but the system rejects it, I get blue screen of death... I heard that with haswell I can only use 1.35v ram modules or with bios mod is it possible to adjust ram voltage?

Yep Haswell only takes DDR3L. No idea about the undervolting or whether you can adjust memory timings, frequency, and voltage in the modded BIOS. I haven't seen anything like that in my Y500's modded BIOS.

Hello gyus.

I have a question about ram slots. there is 2 avaliable slots in book.

in models with 8 Gb ram installed 2 bars 4 Gb each or 1 bar 8 Gb?

p.s. sry for bad english :) hope u'll understand me

Hello gyus.

I have a question about ram slots. there is 2 avaliable slots in book.

in models with 8 Gb ram installed 2 bars 4 Gb each or 1 bar 8 Gb?

p.s. sry for bad english :) hope u'll understand me

It has 2 bars of 4gb ram.

• Thumbs Up 1

ok. if i replace one bar with 8 GB will it work well? or better install 2 same bars? (8+8 gb)

ok. if i replace one bar with 8 GB will it work well? or better install 2 same bars? (8+8 gb)

If you don't really need more than 8 gb I would suggest to go with 2x4GB better/faster RAM instead, higher speed and lower CL.

If you don't really need more than 8 gb I would suggest to go with 2x4GB better/faster RAM instead, higher speed and lower CL.

Honeslty I agree with him, unless you have some specific reasons for 16 gb of ram, 8gb is the way to go.

It really depends on what you are doing... gaming, I would go for lower latency. Something like video editing, go for higher capacity. In all honesty, I think 8gb is more than enough

Why is it that, from the day I got my y510p, it seems that at least 2GB of RAM are ALWAYS taken up? Is that just how things work these days (sorry, this is my first computer in about four years and the other got struck by lightning...twice. I'm a bit out of the loop)?

The Kingston module "KTL-TP3CL/8G" should work according to Kingstons website, 8 GB DDR3L module