Apologies for the spam Read more... ×
EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
TitanGod

Whats your WEI score on the M14x?

I know WEI isn't a very good benchmarking tool but i'm just curious to see what other people with the M14x have? I do have my system O'Ced and this is what I got.

WEI.jpg

I only have 5.9.. coz of aero causing it to be 5.9..how did you get yours to 7.0?

Arklight - I think if you set nvidia global settings to NVIDIA then it gets the higher score. (that's a big I THINK). My score is 5.9 as well as I am all over the place with settings changes and tests and updates.

Arklight - I think if you set nvidia global settings to NVIDIA then it gets the higher score. (that's a big I THINK). My score is 5.9 as well as I am all over the place with settings changes and tests and updates.

I didn't think of that.. You can do that but I didn't have to.

Arklight I have the Processor Overclocked and I Overclocked the Integrated graphics on the system from the Bios. I also have 7.0 because I overclocked the video card to 670/1340 and memory to 925

Guys nice WEI score on the M14X... the scores are around my max I got on my M17X R2. My system was overclocked as you can see in Throttle Stop. The config was I7 920Xm, 8gb DDR3 1333mhz, HD5870M Crossfire using 11.4 Catalyst Beta Drivers, 2 Samsung PM800 SSD (256GB) in Raid0. StamatisX's registry mod was applied to allow max turbo multiplier to be applied constantly across all cores. I also followed Michael's SSD optimization guide here.

weiat99tdp94tdcwithnocorestates.jpg

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff474/marcwwaters86/weiat99tdp94tdcwithnocorestates.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

lol @ MW86

off topic- I noticed how you have no desktop icons and have everything on your quick launch. I'm the same way. I think it's and OCD thing I have lol

• Thumbs Up 1

Lol, its sooo true I never keep an icon or file there unless its there as a temporary place holder lol! Must be an OCD thing... I think a desktop is just supposed to have a picture or a video (dreamscene), nothing more.

• Thumbs Up 1

My desktop is completely empty as well, I even have it to auto-hide the taskbar

• Thumbs Up 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By IronPancakes
      Hey guys, first post, but I thought I’d discuss my heatsink fan retrofit in my old M14x r1. 

Old fan was loud and not very efficient: the air transfer rate was around 2 cfm (I’m assuming cubic feet per minute). Finally had enough and decided to swap out the crappy r1 fan/coughing pinwheel for a r2 fan (rated at 10.4cfm). 

I found an old r2 heat sink on eBay (beware though that the heat sink for the r2 will NOT fit the gpu/cpu configuration for the r1. HOWEVER, the fan of the r2 heat sink it is attached to is a carbon copy fit into the r1 MoBo. A few philips head screws and a seal of good electric tape and BAM, you’ve got a significantly cooler and MUCH quieter intake fan in your old R1. 

My CPU temps from before were around 87-88 max load in FSX, 65 for the GPU; bear in mind this is after a repaste. Now with the new fan, I’m not going over 77 degrees on the CPU, and the gpu stays around 58, all while being MUCH quiter. I’ll post pics of the walkthrough if anyone is interested.

Just thought I’d share with all you fellow loonies trying to squeeze every last frame and degree out of our “portable toaster ovens with a screen and keyboard”. 

• By velios
      Hi everyone, I was thinking of upgrading my ram from 8GB to 16GB 1600MHZ either Kingston/Crucial as my current ram usage is at always at 4GB now. Will upgrading make a lot of difference in the performance of the PC and will it improve the game play for GTA V as I am currently having massive lag with this game? 

Thank you in advance.
    • By gtxvsradeon
      Hi everyone,
      I have gone through a lot of pages of this forum (related to eGPU and overclocking) and they really are very useful but not able to find anything good for my laptop.
      My laptop is Alienware M14Xr1 with following configurations :
      Intel core i7 2860QM
      Nvidia GT555m (3GB)
      8GB primary memory 1600Mhz
      750GB secondary memory 7200RPM (698.4 GB usable)
      900p screen

I want to use a eGPU setup in my system.
      Could anyone please tell me whether it is possible or not to use -
      In my system there are following ports available - 2xUSB3.0, 1xUSB2.0, 1xHDMI1.4, 1xMiniDisplayPort, 1xVGA, 1xEthernet1000mbps, (I think none of these will be helpful in eGPU setup )
      But i have heard that if you remove your wireless card then you can plug in your eGPU there. Is it true,
      Please anyone share your experience with me related to this setup.
    • By daviddoeschl
      Hi all,
      I am new here, so I am sorry if I have posted this in the wrong section. Also, I realise this question has been asked before, but all of the other threads are really old.
      So, my issue. I flashed the unlocked A08 bios with sata fix and everything worked brilliantly. Then, in my infinite wisdom I turned on UEFI mode in BIOS to see what would happen. What happened is it rebooted with 8 beeps (no screen) everytime I turned on. I looked at the other forums and did the whole usb recovery thing, however, I believed it was taking to long so I turned the computer off after the computer rebooted and beeped 7 times (cpu error). I tried taking out the CMOS to no avail. Now when I try the recovery USB the usb never seems to be loaded (light never comes on). Any ideas?
      Thanks for all the help, and sorry for any mistakes I have no doubt made.
    • By Brian
      So Alienware should be gearing up to introduce us to their new redesigned lineup this June. A Chinese website has some leaked images, video and specs of these new models, here they are:
      Changes

No express card and possibly no eSata.
      Keyboard has been changed and should be similar to the island style one found in Clevo notebooks and others. This should also affect how AlienFx looks and functions compared to previous models.
      New lid design with light strips.
      New base is more blockier in design, old speaker grills are gone and now the front is flat with some speaker lines.
      Touchpad lights up completely.
      Cooling? Remains to be seen, will update as we get more info.
      Option of IPS FHD display in all 3 models.
      Aluminum build for all 3 models though some parts will undoubtedly be plastic - we'll see and update.

Videos:
      <embed src="http://player.youku.com/player.php/sid/XNTY0ODIxNzky/v.swf" allowfullscreen="true" quality="high" width="480" height="400" align="middle" allowscriptaccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

Pictures:​
      <ignore_js_op style="word-wrap: break-word; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-family: Tahoma, Helvetica, SimSun, sans-serif; line-height: 21px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">
      </ignore_js_op><ignore_js_op style="word-wrap: break-word; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-family: Tahoma, Helvetica, SimSun, sans-serif; line-height: 21px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"></ignore_js_op><ignore_js_op style="word-wrap: break-word; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-family: Tahoma, Helvetica, SimSun, sans-serif; line-height: 21px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"></ignore_js_op><ignore_js_op style="word-wrap: break-word; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-family: Tahoma, Helvetica, SimSun, sans-serif; line-height: 21px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"></ignore_js_op><ignore_js_op style="word-wrap: break-word; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-family: Tahoma, Helvetica, SimSun, sans-serif; line-height: 21px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"></ignore_js_op><ignore_js_op style="word-wrap: break-word; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-family: Tahoma, Helvetica, SimSun, sans-serif; line-height: 21px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"></ignore_js_op><ignore_js_op style="word-wrap: break-word; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-family: Tahoma, Helvetica, SimSun, sans-serif; line-height: 21px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"></ignore_js_op><ignore_js_op style="word-wrap: break-word; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-family: Tahoma, Helvetica, SimSun, sans-serif; line-height: 21px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"></ignore_js_op><ignore_js_op style="word-wrap: break-word; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-family: Tahoma, Helvetica, SimSun, sans-serif; line-height: 21px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"></ignore_js_op><ignore_js_op style="word-wrap: break-word; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-family: Tahoma, Helvetica, SimSun, sans-serif; line-height: 21px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"></ignore_js_op><ignore_js_op style="word-wrap: break-word; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-family: Tahoma, Helvetica, SimSun, sans-serif; line-height: 21px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"></ignore_js_op><ignore_js_op style="word-wrap: break-word; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-family: Tahoma, Helvetica, SimSun, sans-serif; line-height: 21px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"></ignore_js_op>

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.