Y510P GT 750M SLI----How can I use Intel HD 4600 under SLI model?

dsh761

• 3 months later...
Thanks for your reply and correct. What do you mean by manually disable the 2 GPUs? I already disabled the second GT 750 though Computer-Manage-Device manager, but I am unable to use HD 4600. Should I disable both of GT 750? I am afraid I would see a black screen and nothing more.:peaceful:

Thats what happened to me I had to perform a factory reset of the BIOS to fix it.

Hi everyone. I'm new here. My laptop is Y510p gt750m SLI. Recently I want to use the intel 4600 graphic card to save my battery. But I can only install the intel drive with the second gt750m pulling out from ultrabay. When I plug in the second GT750m, I can not find intel 4600 any more. So how can I make SLI and the intel 4600 coexist in my system?

I the Intel 4600 will not appear unless you remove the ultrabay Nvidia card.

I dont know if its been said before but according to what googling this a few months back told me. In order to have the SLI feature on in laptops, they have to turn off the optimus feature. Now i dont know if its true for all brands, but for the lenovos ive worked with (we have a bunch at work) it seems to be the case.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey I'm looking at buying the y510p sli but don't want to run sli all the time.

From what I gathered Optimus does not work and I need to remove the 2nd card and restart the laptop to get HD graphics visible and then I can manually switch to it.

Now what was not clear is, can I then put the ultra bay card back. Just to not have a huge whole on the side and have the card lying around?

And what is the battery improvement when doing this?

• 2 weeks later...

There is a way with the correct nvidia drivers to have the y510p use the dedicated graphics card and even not use the primary built in card but ONLY if you do not have the secondary SLI card in otherwise the feature wont work. This helps me save a ton on battery since most of the time I'm not gaming and when I am, I'm running both cards with it plugged in anyhow.

Hi everyone. I'm new here. My laptop is Y510p gt750m SLI. Recently I want to use the intel 4600 graphic card to save my battery. But I can only install the intel drive with the second gt750m pulling out from ultrabay. When I plug in the second GT750m, I can not find intel 4600 any more. So how can I make SLI and the intel 4600 coexist in my system?

i have same laptop 750m sli with 8GB Ram and 1TB HDD and im very happy with that.. :32_002:

secondly there is NO intel 4600 graphics chipset(not graphic card) in this laptop (at least in my model maybe some models have)

thirdly if your model have it then you should see it in device manager under the display adapters section..if so check if its enabled or disabled..

if enabled then go to nvidia control panel and choose manage 3d settings / Global Settings / Base Profile ==> go to CUDA-GPUs section..you should see there 2 GeForce GT 750m and Intel 4600 graphics(if u r not daydreaming)...tick which one you want to use and apply thats all...:matrix:

if disabled then make it enabled :D and continue like above

İf disabled but gives some errors this time then find the newest drivers from the lenovo or intel site according to your OS and firstly uninstall the previous driver completedly and restart then install new one and see what happens..:54_002:

fourtly you can reduce power comsumption by reducing the value of maximum processor state %40-50 in conrol panel/ power options/ change plan settings/ change advanced power settings/ processor power management/ maximum processor state...or use ThrottleStop 6.00 set multiplier to 10 to run cpu at 1 GHZ and offcourse whatever frequency you want..

fiftly in battery condition system does NOT use 2nd gpu although its enabled in nvidia control panel..in other words sli is disabled automaticaly when you switch to battery...(dont believe just bencmark)

sixtly you said battery is finished in 1 hour..i play BF4 nearly 2 hours with wifi on...there should be some problem on your system..go to lenovo energy management and make sure maximum battery life is choosen..and i strongly suggest you to do battery gauge reset at the same place..

finally today im in a evil mod. :hell_boy: some words maybe offensive :Banane36:

bad luck

i have same laptop 750m sli with 8GB Ram and 1TB HDD and im very happy with that.. :32_002:

secondly there is NO intel 4600 graphics chipset(not graphic card) in this laptop (at least in my model maybe some models have)

Sorry but that is not correct. ALL the y510p have a 4600 Intel graphics, it is built into the CPU. The sli models have it disabled in the bios when the SLI ultrabay card is installed. In order to re-enable it you have to pull the ultrabay card and reboot/install the intel drivers/re-stall Nvidia driver and it will be there and optimus will work fine. Then you can just put the ultrabay card back in when ever you want to use SLI or pull it out when ever you want to use optimus/intel GPU.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, another y510p 750m SLI owner here!

I was wondering if with the bios mod we're able to activate/deactivate the SLI configuration.

I mean,i'm totally ok with having to reboot in order to get SLI/Optimus working, i just don't like working with a huge hole in my pc case since i have to extract the second GPU from the ultrabay.

Any info on that?

Thanks for your reply and correct. What do you mean by manually disable the 2 GPUs? I already disabled the second GT 750 though Computer-Manage-Device manager, but I am unable to use HD 4600. Should I disable both of GT 750? I am afraid I would see a black screen and nothing more.:peaceful:

I would like the opposite to happen. I don't have the SLI config, but "disabling" my HD4600 in my device manager suddenly makes my computer not recognize that it has the nVidia 750M attached. I get an error when trying to access the nVidia control panel that my display is not connected to an nVidia GPU.

I'm trying to find a way to unlock my bios to disable the onboard graphics card completely, so that it is not even recognized by windows. Even in safe mode if I uninstall the HD 4600 device, it reinstalls again upon a standard boot.

Lenovo y410p

nVidia GT 750M 2gb gddr5

1tb HDD @ 5700

8GB ram

4th gen Haswell i7

any ideas on how to mirror the issue you guys are seeing? I don't have the SLI option, so if that is the only reason the HD 4600 wasn't being recognized then I'm back to square One until I can try to download the bios mods.

Yes, the reason they don't have the 4600 on board available as a choice is strictly because of the SLI config. When in SLI it's not even recognized by the laptop. I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to accomplish by disabling your on board, but wouldn't you just be able to go into the nVidia control panel and set global setting to use GT 750M only? Or am I overlooking something?

You can only disable SLI but it will still physically show bot GT755M's. I guess the only way to get optimus to work is to physically remove the ultrabay drive.

Then again, does it really matter? It's more or less a desktop device anyway right so power should always be available.

• 4 weeks later...
You can only disable SLI but it will still physically show bot GT755M's. I guess the only way to get optimus to work is to physically remove the ultrabay drive.

Then again, does it really matter? It's more or less a desktop device anyway right so power should always be available.

I second this. The only way to get optimus to work is to physically remove the ultrabay drive. I'm not sure if it's possible to disable the slot all together so that the computer doesn't recognize it. This might be the only other way to get it functioning without removing the card.

Often, like 1 in 3 times, when unsleeping my y410p, it will take longer than usual and then when it finally does come to life, there is a popup that lets me know that my intel card recovered from an error.

What are the most stable settings between the two graphics drivers? It seems like my intel 4600 has been doing most of the heavy lifting lately and I want to make sure my nVidia 755 is pulling its weight!