EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
svl7

Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

Hi. I failure upgrade my bios from to 3.05 to 3.08 -- installation froze on 40% and nothing more happen. After that i must flash crisis bios 3.05 bot it not stock (bios freez after 3 sec after boot). And second card geforce 755m doesnt work - but is visible in menager.
Now i want flash full 3.05 BIOS but i have problem with 3 point: /'(3) - Now you need to downgrade the firmware back to v2.07 (Y510p-Y410p_v207_[stock].zip) in order to flash the mod."
Always freez in 40% during the instalation. 
When i want flash 3.05 using USB DOS stick. nothing happen because i have already 3.05 (but not full)
I have y510p coputer i5, 8gb with 2x755msli ...

Can someone tell me how flash 2.07 using USB DOS stick? 

Hi,

Is there a search option inside the topic? I can't find it.

I'm looking for the way to enable new WIFI card, with bios 3.08 on Y510P machine.

Is there explanation on how to do that? and does is work & safe?

Thanks

Felix

I hope this isn't off topic, but I'm wondering if anyone has ever successfully found a compatible ac card from the whitelist. I recently purchased one that appeared to match the whitelist, but got the error.

Hi all,

Does anyone has a solution to the 3.08 bios? 

Thanks

Felix

38 minutes ago, felix74 said:

Hi all,

Does anyone has a solution to the 3.08 bios? 

Thanks

Felix

Hi!

You can download and flash mod bios from this link:  

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Klem said:

Hi!

Thanks a lot, finally I have made it !!! :)

off topic,

is there a way to insert (burn) model & SN into motherboard bios ?

have a new board, want my original SN in it. same computer Y510P

Thanks

Felix

Just posted to say thank you, I finally sucessed after several trial.

Y410P bios 2.07>Modified 3.05

Posted (edited)

Edit: yeah, looks like I just didn't know how to run a .bat file.  I'm fine deleting this post if someone can tell me where/how to do that.

I'm new to this, so there's a decent chance I just don't understand what's going on, but instruction (1) is confusing me.

I've got all the files downloaded, but I don't know if I'm supposed to be running that fptw64 application first and then the .bat file or what. 

Also, when I run the fptw64 application, it opens the cmd window and just has a list of functions, with "press any key to continue" prompts twice and then automatically closes.  An error file is then generated that has the text inside "Error 200: Invalid parameter value specified by user. Use -? option to see help."

I don't want to continue with the instructions because it seems like some sort of actual backup file is supposed to be getting generated and that's not happening.

fpt tool files.png

fpt tool report.png

Edited by y510p2020
new knowledge

4 hours ago, y510p2020 said:

when I run the fptw64 application, it opens the cmd window and just has a list of functions, with "press any key to continue" prompts twice and then automatically closes. 

Hi! 

Don't run fptw64.exe! 

Just run backup.bat

Thanks a ton for the bios mod. I am looking to undervolt my GPU(single gt755m) as my temps are going through the roof and i am facing extreme thermal throttling. Currently i am on bios v3.08. I have already undervolted my CPU to -0.100 and active core ratio multipliers to x17(for all cores). didn't change anything else. Can someone guide me on how to undervolt my gpu as i am a noob in this area and don't really want to mess anything up by doing things on my own. This is my only laptop. Do i need to flash the unlocked bios as mentioned in the instructions for undervolting , or can i do it without flashing the moded v3.05? Also do i need to use nvidea inspector or the msi aferburner. Can someone guide me how to do so with either of the two softwares. Also how low can this gpu go in terms of undervolting. Thanks in advance!!

can I still Mod my Lenovo Y510p with a Bios version of 3.08? i want to be able to install the AC-7260 wifi

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 3:16 AM, Klem said:

Hi!

what is the file name and is it a bios mod or downgrade?

can i use this mod to change my SN and UUID

after i changed my mainboard sn is invalid and UUID is ffff... in bios

thanks

Hi, i am a Y510p user. If i want to upgrade my wifi card to 5Ghz wifi card, is there any recommendation?

I have read somewhere that Intel Wireless ac 7260 is a good replacement wifi card but need to install bios, i am not sure how to do it and does it really work,

Anyone can guide me? Thanks a lot.