svl7

Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

I am considering installing the unlocked Bios in order to disable hyperthreading. Does anyone know if the unlocked Bios would, indeed, allow me to do so?

Currently I've set a Linux kernel option to disable hyperthreading, but apparently using the Bios to do this gives slightly better performance.

I have question.
At the moment I read Your post on theme lenovo Y510p.
When I will did update, which WiFi card can I use (type).
There is new mod for bios Version 3.08?
How I understand (now) i have version 3.08 i must make downgrade and replace.

So I successfully updated to the 3.05 modded BIOS on my Y410P but I screwed up afterwards. I noticed some odd stuttering in the games I was playing after teh mod so I fiddeled with someof the graphics settings.

Needless to say I did a right good job bricking the machine...

Now the system boots but does not show a display.

Things I've tried:

- FN+R with the 3.05 Crisis file but I get the 9 short beeps error for incorrect ROM.

- Attempted the steps listed here with no success.

Edited by Lain

37 minutes ago, Lain said:

Now the system boots but does not show a display.

Hi!

In this case try to execute next steps:

1. Completely disable laptop with long press and hold the Power button.

2. Press and hold F2 button, and start laptop (to go in bios setup menu).

3. Press F9 button, then Enter button. Then press F10 button, then Enter button.

Done.

1 hour ago, Klem said:

Hi!

In this case try to execute next steps:

1. Completely disable laptop with long press and hold the Power button.

2. Press and hold F2 button, and start laptop (to go in bios setup menu).

3. Press F9 button, then Enter button. Then press F10 button, then Enter button.

Done.

I went through the steps you suggested.

I held the power button down till it power cycled once.

Then did the F2, F9 enter, F10 enter.

I still don't have a screen but I believe the bios is now reset since I get a short PC beep if I connect or disconnect power,

By any chance did anyone create a Yx01.bin crisis file for the 3.05 bios mod?

Edited by Lain

5 hours ago, Lain said:

I held the power button down till it power cycled once.

No, you need to completely disable laptop (Power of).

Then press and hold F2 button, then start laptop ( after laptop starts, F2 button still hold 3-5 sec). Then release F2 button, then press F9 button, then Enter button. Then press F10 button, then Enter button.

Done.

I have Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p

Bios 3.08

Intel Core I7-4700MQ

HDD SR1000LM14-8SSHD-8GB

HDD SAMSUNG SSD 860 PRO 256GB

Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230

NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M

When I connects to router I have 60-65Mb. The connect is stable.
But when I do not uses laptop (for example 2 hours) WiFi speed decreases Max 30-35Mb and not increases when I start uses laptop.
I have to make manualy reconnect with router, and I have again 60-65Mb.
Where is the problem...?

I have driver Intel: 15.18.0.1, Windows 10 x64

The drivers from M$ working the same bad.

How I can resolve problem?
Only update BIOS on 3.5 MOD can resolve it?

My laptop is compatible with this BIOS?

8 hours ago, Klem said:

No, you need to completely disable laptop (Power of).

Then press and hold F2 button, then start laptop ( after laptop starts, F2 button still hold 3-5 sec). Then release F2 button, then press F9 button, then Enter button. Then press F10 button, then Enter button.

Done.

Followed your instructions but nothing is happening. Also it seems the caps lock light is on and won't turn off by pressing the caps lock key. Is that trying to tell me something?

Edited by Lain

12 hours ago, Lain said:

Followed your instructions but nothing is happening. Also it seems the caps lock light is on and won't turn off by pressing the caps lock key. Is that trying to tell me something?

I'm did it.
In the evening I'll let you know.
Now after reset I have Default - set.

The problem still exists :-( 2019-06-16 10:56

Edited by Artur