Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

• Bios Modder
37 minutes ago, Lain said:

Now the system boots but does not show a display.

Hi!

In this case try to execute next steps:

1. Completely disable laptop with long press and hold the Power button.

2. Press and hold F2 button, and start laptop (to go in bios setup menu).

3. Press F9 button, then Enter button. Then press F10 button, then Enter button.

Done.

1 hour ago, Klem said:

Hi!

In this case try to execute next steps:

1. Completely disable laptop with long press and hold the Power button.

2. Press and hold F2 button, and start laptop (to go in bios setup menu).

3. Press F9 button, then Enter button. Then press F10 button, then Enter button.

Done.

I went through the steps you suggested.

I held the power button down till it power cycled once.

Then did the F2, F9 enter, F10 enter.

I still don't have a screen but I believe the bios is now reset since I get a short PC beep if I connect or disconnect power,

• Bios Modder
5 hours ago, Lain said:

I held the power button down till it power cycled once.

No, you need to completely disable laptop (Power of).

Then press and hold F2 button, then start laptop ( after laptop starts, F2 button still hold 3-5 sec). Then release F2 button, then press F9 button, then Enter button. Then press F10 button, then Enter button.

Done.

I have Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p

Bios 3.08

Intel Core I7-4700MQ

HDD SR1000LM14-8SSHD-8GB

HDD SAMSUNG SSD 860 PRO 256GB

Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230

NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M

When I connects to router I have 60-65Mb. The connect is stable.
But when I do not uses laptop (for example 2 hours) WiFi speed decreases Max 30-35Mb and not increases when I start uses laptop.
I have to make manualy reconnect with router, and I have again 60-65Mb.
Where is the problem...?

I have driver Intel: 15.18.0.1, Windows 10 x64

The drivers from M$ working the same bad.

How I can resolve problem?
Only update BIOS on 3.5 MOD can resolve it?

My laptop is compatible with this BIOS?

8 hours ago, Klem said:

No, you need to completely disable laptop (Power of).

Then press and hold F2 button, then start laptop ( after laptop starts, F2 button still hold 3-5 sec). Then release F2 button, then press F9 button, then Enter button. Then press F10 button, then Enter button.

Done.

Followed your instructions but nothing is happening. Also it seems the caps lock light is on and won't turn off by pressing the caps lock key. Is that trying to tell me something?

Edited by Lain

On 6/15/2019 at 10:50 PM, Lain said:

Followed your instructions but nothing is happening. Also it seems the caps lock light is on and won't turn off by pressing the caps lock key. Is that trying to tell me something?

I'm did it.
In the evening I'll let you know.
Now after reset I have Default - set.

The problem still exists :-( 2019-06-16 10:56 PL

Hi,

Maybe someone has any idea?
How can resolve this problem :-)
Change Power options nothing give. 2019-06-17 22:40 PL

Edited by Artur

I'm trying to download Lenovo_Y510p-Y410p_[v3.05]_modified.zip, but I'm getting this message.  Is there another download link for this file?

==========================

If you are unable to download this file, it may be due to one or a combination of the following reasons:

• Your account lacks the proper credentials to access this download (e.g. T|I Elite or promoted permissions). 
  • Your account has not been validated or may have been disabled due to violations.
  • The download is restricted to certain permission groups which you are not a part of currently.

• Bios Modder
5 hours ago, tekm8n said:

I'm trying to download Lenovo_Y510p-Y410p_[v3.05]_modified.zip, but I'm getting this message.  Is there another download link for this file?

==========================

If you are unable to download this file, it may be due to one or a combination of the following reasons:

• Your account lacks the proper credentials to access this download (e.g. T|I Elite or promoted permissions). 
  • Your account has not been validated or may have been disabled due to violations.
  • The download is restricted to certain permission groups which you are not a part of currently.

Hi!

You can read "User Account Promotion Rules":

https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotion-rules-read-before-posting/

Now I have Bios 3.08
When I want update to Bios MOD, Have to:
1. Make downsize to version 3.05 (Bios Lenovo) - Ok.
2. But I do not understand point (3) instruction
    I have to downsize version BIOS 3.05 to 2.07...?

Hi,

I have question on theme 7260HMW 867M BT4.0 802.11ac Mini PCI-E Wifi Card card.
Now I have Centrino N-2230 and few problems. When I not uses computer, speed card downgrade to 30-35Mb and not returned to 60-65Mb. I have Internet 60Mb.
Speed connect form computer to router is 300Mb - 2.4GHz

Card AC 7260 is stable?
Can someone check own speed connect to Internet for example before and after when You uses the computer. Pause use for example 2 hours.

I checked my N-2230, I tried change power settings. Any changes and changed bios to version 3.05 (Stock) not give any effects.
Someone try check stabilize connect for 7260HMW??

Edited by Artur

22 hours ago, Klem said:

Hi!

Yes, it's correct.

Thanks,

Alpha Centauri is far from Poland :-)
But I have question on theme Update...
1.)  I did points instruction 0 - 2.
2.)  Can I have to before flash I must downgrade bios in laptop to 2.7...? I reads this point correctly?
3.) Points 4-6 are clear.

I have question... how something will make bad?
For example: I assume, I can make only run Laptop from USB. Flash - did not go.

How can I make install - backup bios or bios from Lenovo?

Edited by Artur

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Thank you for sharing. Recently I search a lot finding a way to enable "wake on lan" feature on my y410p. I can wake my laptop with my phone or router through ethernet cable at sleep, but I couldn't wake on lan when it's hibernate or shutdown. My current bios version is 3.05 and I never modded it before. I haven't flash it yet and i read a lot pages in case I ruin it. Does anyone succeed in enabling the wake on lan with modded bios? Thanks in advanced. 

Edited by wdnmd

My laptop is lenovo y410p. The system is windows10 home 1903. My original bios version is 3.05.

I want to boot my laptop without opening the lid and pushing the power button. Then I found WOL(wake on lan) may help me. After some configuration in the device manager I can wake my laptop when it's in sleep state by sending magick packets from my phone or the router. But WOL couldn't work BOTH at HIBERNATE or SHUTDOWN.

I flashed this mod because I really want to use wake on lan feature at shutdown state. Everything goes smoothly when I flashed the modded bios. Then I try everything to make WOL(when shutdown) including bios settings, configs in device manager update or down grade drivers but at last I failed. Here is  my detail attempts.

1. bios settings

I load default settings first after flashing the bios. Then I tried everything might related to wol in bios. 

Configuration->Deep S3 Function----Disabled (I don't know if this matters)

Advanced->Periphernal Congfiguration->Lan----Enabled

Advanced->Periphernal Congfiguration->SLP_LAN# Low on DC Power----Enabled

Power->Wake on PME----Enabled

Power->Wake on Lan----Enabled

2. software configs.

My network card is Qualcomm Atheros AR8187/8175 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30). In device manager->properties->power management tab I have all the box checked. In advanced tab , Energy Efficient Ethernet--Disabled, Shutdown Wake Up--Enabled, Wake on magic packet--Enabled, Wake on pattern match--Enabled.

Also I have "fast boot" unchecked in power management. 

3. Drivers.

For the network card the driver versions I tried: 2.10.16(windows default driver), 2.10.17(for win7-64bit, from lenovo drivers support website), 2.10.21(for win8.1-64bit, from lenovo drivers support website), 2.10.25(for win7-64bit, from https://www.ath-drivers.eu/download-driver-for-Atheros-chipset-with-id-89-and-Windows7-64bit.html), 2.10.27(for win10-64bit, fromhttps://www.ath-drivers.eu/download-driver-for-Atheros-chipset-with-id-127-and-Windows10-64bit.html)

Something I notice:

1. When laptop sleep the network adapter has light on, and I can wake on lan works good. But when laptop hibernate or shutdown, no light on the network adapter.

2. I bought this y410p from China. As far as I know it's has different hardware to American edition. Chinese edition has lower resolution(1366x768) and American edition is higher(1600x900). Chinese edition does't have backlit keyboard, while American edition has. 

I hope someone can help me enable this feature. I really need wake on lan at shutdown state. Any advice is appreciated. 

MVIMG_20191006_142913.thumb.jpg.7d69873cb98148a189adb8cbe9433990.jpg

IMG_20191006_142952.thumb.jpg.868dade020e7491d5a3653189faa2d7b.jpg

IMG_20191006_143054.thumb.jpg.951c3ed492a789e4f4ae0715430e263d.jpg

On 1/8/2015 at 5:15 AM, chris1870 said:

Is it possible to add another feature to a bios? I need the wake on wlan feature (wake on lan works tho). I´m searching my a**** off to get this done. Only problem is that the intel smart technology is not enabled in the bios. But its implemented in the y510p intel wireless n-2230 card. That smart technology is available in the bios of other ideapad laptops so I wanna know if its possible to add it to the y510p bios somehow? I´d be willing to pay for anybody that can help me or create this modified bios. When I try to go to the device manager on the wireless card I can only see "allow this device to wake up the computer" is greyed out. So I think a custom bios with intel smart support is the only way?

@chris1870 I'm struggling with wake on lan now. My laptop is y410p and I can only wake my laptop at sleep state. WOL won't work if hibernate or shutdown. Could you give me some advice or tell me how do you have "wake on lan" feature work on your laptop? Thanks in advanced. 

By the way I do see Intel Smart Technology configuration in this modded bios. But I don't know if it works because I don't have an intel network card. I use bcm94352 as my wireless card. 

4.thumb.jpg.8f6ea3e1688f5d513cd25e42961faad6.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.cdc31ed11ac0c5e75c61cb1fec1e8cb2.jpg

Edited by wdnmd

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi. I failure upgrade my bios from to 3.05 to 3.08 -- installation froze on 40% and nothing more happen. After that i must flash crisis bios 3.05 bot it not stock (bios freez after 3 sec after boot). And second card geforce 755m doesnt work - but is visible in menager.
Now i want flash full 3.05 BIOS but i have problem with 3 point: /'(3) - Now you need to downgrade the firmware back to v2.07 (Y510p-Y410p_v207_[stock].zip) in order to flash the mod."
Always freez in 40% during the instalation. 
When i want flash 3.05 using USB DOS stick. nothing happen because i have already 3.05 (but not full)
I have y510p coputer i5, 8gb with 2x755msli ...

Can someone tell me how flash 2.07 using USB DOS stick? 

Hi,

Is there a search option inside the topic? I can't find it.

I'm looking for the way to enable new WIFI card, with bios 3.08 on Y510P machine.

Is there explanation on how to do that? and does is work & safe?

Thanks

Felix

• 2 weeks later...