Latest News
  • Apologies for the downtime. We had to update our backend and theme.
  • We will continue pushing updates.
  • Apologies for the downtime. We had to update our backend and theme.
  • We will continue pushing updates.
svl7

Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

Lex220    0

Guys I mine had 3.08, what I did was rolling back to 3.05 official then followed the guide. Now I've successfully flashed the modded bios (checked the bios options, insane stuff).
My question is is it mandatory to flash the vbios? I just checked NVIDIA panel and it seems my SLI is working just fine.

regit66    0
Posted (edited)

Hi i flash and work fine but i have one error:

dos memory buffer 2 allocate failed

after us EC  in dos

It should be like this?

vi06tg.jpg

Edited by regit66

TomKeen    0

Will this BIOS mod work with Yoga 510 14IKB?

boot-a    0

Please, share a link to the original BIOS 3.05.  Thank you.

baselch    1
Posted (edited)

Someone please help me and tell me why my Lenovo y510p model 20217 v3.05 non sli laptop cannot create the backup of the bios required in step two of loading the (ready to load) boot drive??? Plz I'm dying with this centrino here and its 2017

Can someone send me a ready boot disk folder I can copy straight to a bootable usb for the y510p model 20217 bios 3.05???? anything

Edited by baselch

baselch    1

please explain, I don't know how to use the admin prompt to do that, I just run the fptw64 file with admin perm

baselch    1

nono don't go I've been waiting for someone to help me for a while pls

baselch    1

okay, so I got the bin file but I can't get the v305mod file by clicking and dragging

again, pls help sigh

baselch    1

Never mind, got through it, thanks anyways 

Klem    295
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, TonyChengPan said:

Does anyone know how to downgrade BIOS from 3.08 to 2.07/2.04? Thanks

If you want to go back to stock v2.07 you can do that easily by simply using the Y510p-Y410p_v207_[stock].exe from the first page of this thread.

Edited by Klem

Posted (edited)

I would love to try modded bios too.... but when I try to download file I get this:

2805e026faf4eaf201364575a7e41bcd.png

Edited by EmiyaKiritsugu

baselch    1
On ‎2017‎-‎03‎-‎27 at 2:26 PM, jxordan said:

I would not suggest any overclocking on the y510p, you will have definite thermal issues, that's if you pass the first barrier of proper overclocking, stick to turbo boost

mathorv    10
Posted (edited)

About y510p i7 4700MQ overclocking.

OC form 3.4GHz up to 3.6GHz is possible via Intel XTU or ThrottleStop 8.

I would suggest undervolting CPU anyway -75mV should be stable with or without OC.

Many units require CPU/GPU repaste - it was done poorly by Lenovo.

Klem made a 3.08 BIOS/UEFI biosmod but I got cold feet before flashing.

If anyone is interested in testing Klem's Biosmod whisper him, most of people here wanted latest Biosmod.

Is Bios 2.07 with EC 3.05 stable? (If the new mod was successful would be possible to mix 2.07 bios with EC3.08)

Referring to Y510p external Ultrabay Graphics card

Here are the scenarios that have worked for me:

OS: Windows 10   Boot: Legacy    BIOS: 2.07   EC: 2.07   GPU: RX 480

OS: Windows 10   Boot: Legacy    BIOS: 2.07   EC: 2.07   GPU: 6670

OS: Windows 10   Boot: Legacy    BIOS: 2.04   EC: 3.05   GPU: RX 480

OS: Windows 10   Boot: Legacy    BIOS: 2.04   EC: 3.05   GPU: 6670

OS: Windows 10   Boot: Legacy    BIOS: 2.04   EC: 2.07   GPU: RX 480

OS: Windows 10   Boot: Legacy    BIOS: 2.04   EC: 2.07   GPU: 6670

Edited by mathorv

grennith    0

Definitely going to try the mod, I honestly dunno why Lenovo puts such restrictions regarding WiFi-cards on consumer-devices

Huncenk    0

Go for it and good luck.  It works fine for me, but because of this issue I will not buy Lenovo in the future.

Jasiek95    0

HEy guys, I downflashed mine from 3.08 to the stock 2.07 and now the lenovo logo flashes for a couple of milliseconds and then the screen flashes off and on (black baground) indefinitely. Did i have to do something to my Vbios as well? Or should I re-flash back to 3.08? Doesn't seem to want to display anything. although I can get into bios and it tells me 2.07 is installed.

dsh761    10
On 4/9/2017 at 1:25 AM, Klem said:

If you want to go back to stock v2.07 you can do that easily by simply using the Y510p-Y410p_v207_[stock].exe from the first page of this thread.

Hi. When I tried to downgrade the firmware to 2.07 using Y510p-Y410p_v207_[stock].exe. I got a bios version compare error. 

biosversionerror.PNG

3 hours ago, dsh761 said:

Hi. When I tried to downgrade the firmware to 2.07 using Y510p-Y410p_v207_[stock].exe. I got a bios version compare error. 

Enter your bios and choose the option to allow downgrading.

Bivoca    0

I am using 3.08 bios and ive tried reflasing for 3.05 to follow the steps shown here. However, i am having some trouble downgrading my bios. Everytime i run tge program it tells me that i have a newer bios version installled...

Klem    295
23 hours ago, Bivoca said:

I am using 3.08 bios and ive tried reflasing for 3.05 to follow the steps shown here. However, i am having some trouble downgrading my bios. Everytime i run tge program it tells me that i have a newer bios version installled...

Hi!

You don't need downgrading your bios. Just create backup of your actual bios, and post it here.