• Announcements

• Brian

Introducing T|I Marketplace/Classifieds!   11/24/16

After a long wait, Tech|Inferno now has a Marketplace/Classifieds section where all registered (promoted and above) members can participate in selling, trading and seeking out items. This service is free to all members to use as they wish. Currently all ads last for a period of 14 days before they expire for promoted users. Those users belonging to T|I Elite, Contributor, Developer and Moderator have access to 30 day ad periods that are featured   Some easy rules to remember: Do not post multiple ads of the same product. Do not advertise here if you are a retailer or business. You must contact Tech|Inferno for advertising space. Keep ads civil, do not try to lowball members. You may contact them in private via PM if you feel their price is not to your liking. Harassing members will result in an infraction. It is recommended you have Heatware/eBay feedback to establish trading credibility.    Tech|Inferno assumes no liability for any sales posted in the Classified section. Always use common sense when buying/selling with traders and ask for their heatware/ebay feedback!   Enjoy!
svl7

Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

2005 posts in this topic

Whether someone after flash with unlocked Bios returned back to original BIOS?

Thanks

So what kind of speeds are people able to get after replacing the wireless card? Currently my wireless speed is only a fraction of my internet speed. If this can help I'd like to try it.

In your NV flash tutorial, you mentioned that for SLI users we need to flash vbios to each card separately, but in this thread you only tells us to flash the ultrabay.

I tried to flash the vbios to my on board graphics card, but it doesn't do anything.

The other vbios is part of the bios, so that part is done by flashing the bios.

Huge thanks to svl7. The wireless was driving me nuts with this new y510p and the mod is awesome and extremely easy to do! Thanks!!!

svl7 did you get the Bios i send you ? Not to rush you, we are just really waiting for your awesomeness :D

Huge thanks to svl7. The wireless was driving me nuts with this new y510p and the mod is awesome and extremely easy to do! Thanks!!!

I just ran through some BF3 last night and noticed that though the base frame rate seemed higher than previously, I think I am noticing thermal-based throttling as well. This could just be the map I was playing on (I havent gone through all of the maps yet) but I did notice running through the same area would be smooth one time and noticeably more skippy the next time.

Is anyone else experiencing this after the VBIOS mod (I've done it to both cards). I guess I am able to de-tune some of the performance to avoid throttling, but is there a tool you guys recommend? Thanks!

Hi, I'm planning to install vbios mod for v1.07 bios because I would like to turn off HT and installing intel 7260.

Did anyone try turning off HT and playing games without it? I think that could help me, because sometimes my CPU reaches 80-90C.

Thanks (sorry for my bad english)

Do you have a modded BIOS for 2.02? I have the y510p with the nvidia GT755M

Do you have a modded BIOS for 2.02? I have the y510p with the nvidia GT755M

So far we haven't seen anything for 2.xx but i do not think any one else have the 2.02 bios, so you need to backup and upload that to svl7 as well.

^ Couldn't agree more! Thx again! Enjoy the beer! :Banane35:

How can I share my BIOS without the Windows 8 key inside it?

I send mine in a private message to svl7, as far as i know you can't "protect it" for him to be able to make the mod.

So I upgraded to windows 8.1 today, bad idea. SLI doesn't work anymore with new drivers. It also seems like I am not the only one having this problem with Lenovo Y510p/Y500 machines. See here: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/608174/sli/windows-8-1-no-sli/ Anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this problem from 8 to 8.1? They are basically the same os with some extra's thrown in, right? The cards are doing really weird stuff in device manager every boot / driver re-install as well. From code 43 on the second graphics card to both not showing up at all. Have tried re installing the driver many times to no success. (If people really want to discuss this heavily I will start a new thread to avoid clogging this one.)

So I upgraded to windows 8.1 today, bad idea. SLI doesn't work anymore with new drivers. It also seems like I am not the only one having this problem with Lenovo Y510p/Y500 machines. See here: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/608174/sli/windows-8-1-no-sli/ Anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this problem from 8 to 8.1? They are basically the same os with some extra's thrown in, right? The cards are doing really weird stuff in device manager every boot / driver re-install as well. From code 43 on the second graphics card to both not showing up at all. Have tried re installing the driver many times to no success. (If people really want to discuss this heavily I will start a new thread to avoid clogging this one.)

There is already a thread: http://forum.techinferno.com/lenovo-ibm/4820-svl7-we-need-you-windows-8-1-a.html

Hi!

I succesfully installed the mod (Thanks svl7), and made a backup or my ultrabay GPU[1],

but nvflash didn't let me backup my GPU[0] because it always gives error.

So when I'm trying to play a game with SLI enabled, the game crashes.

GPU[0] BIOS version: 80.07.9D.00.07 [MODIFIED] | Driver Version: GeForce 331.40 - [r331_00-96]

GPU[1] BIOS version: 80.07.9D.00.11 [MODIFIED] | Driver Version: GeForce 331.40 - [r331_00]

Should I flash the backuped file of my GPU[1] or what's the solution for my problem?

Thanks

I realized there is another problem when I turned on my laptop this morning. The system uptime is over 4 days. So I restarted my laptop and the uptime is reset to 0. The I shut down my laptop and left and when I turned it back on tonight the uptime is over 8hrs. I checked AIDA64 and it gives the same figure. So somehow the "shut down" does not really shut down the system, I wonder if it is caused by the expressCache.

i am new at the forum, and i just bought the ideapad y410p and i need to make a dualboot with a linux distro. To accomplish this i need to boot from a cd or usb flash drive, so i need to unlock the bios (just like the tittle said). I have already read the instruction posted in the fists posts but i can download the files. Can anybody help me please?

boot from a cd or usb flash drive, so i need to unlock the bios (just like the tittle said
What? You do not need to unlock the BIOS to be able to boot from CD or USB flash drive. If you want to install GNU/Linux disable SecureBoot and switch to legacy boot mode.
ican download the files. Can anybody help me please?
You need to have 5 approved posts or purchase Elite membership to download files.

Thank you very much! This is exactly what I am looking for so long. I just bought a Y510p and updated the memory, ssd, and wireless card. Without this post, I would have to return them.

However, where can I check the latest update bios firmware and the version I use? I checked with lenovo website, and they don't offer bios download and update.

On AID64 EE it says 2.07, which I am confused about.

I am new to the forum. I am trying to replace the hdd of my new y510p with a samsung 500g ssd. But, when i change the setting in bios, it seems not possible to change it back. I can not use uefi to boot the laptop (shows"checking media") and the hard drive can not set as achi either; the only way to do the system installaion is set hd as compatible and bios as legacy. Does anyone know how to slove this?

Guys, I need help, like bad. I changed a setting and my y410p will just power on to a black screen now. I tried to recover again by using the mash F2 + 8 right + 4 down + 4 enter trick and that does not work this time.

I tried to put my stock BIOS on a USB stick and hold down Fn + B while powering up and that doesn't do anything either.

Anyone know how to recover from a bad settings? I desoldered what looked like the CMOS battery (it's right underneath the palm rest and soldered onto the motherboard and is flat, round and labeled with + and - on two prongs) and I'm just letting it sit there for a while, I hope that clears the settings.

Does anyone can share the bios 1.10 or 1.09

you can delete the win8 key at 0x0034D000

post-15178-14494996285031_thumb.png

Thank you!

This is currently only for v1.07 / v1.09 / v1.10 users. If you have a different BIOS I will need a copy of it in order to make it work for your system.

I am trying to whitelist my new intel 7260 and, think I have a newer version of y510p bios which is 2.07. I was not sure yesterday, but after double checking in my bios setting today, it is a v2.07. Lenovo does update their bios really quick. Does anyone know this version?

I am still waiting for the recovery cds to do a whole new installation. After that I will use svI7's tool to make a backup. Hope he can help me to do the mod. Thanks to him here.