EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
svl7

Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

You can try, but the problem is you won't be able to flash from 3.05. That's the trouble...

i see well i created a dos usb and moved EC files to it but when i run EC.bat it says it's not compatible for 64 bit of windows :/ so in what way am i supposto run that file?

Nvm apperently you had to boot into USB as DOS mode and then do EC.bat xD

DOS, dude... not Windows.

yeah i figured it out xD well i got CE flashed into my laptop now next is to flash 3.05 :) thats modded :P

Here is the screenshot of Nvidia Inspector with modded v3.05 BIOS. I can see that the voltage can be -ve offset much higher than v1.10.post-20850-14494997973585_thumb.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Cool, I might make a little adjustment when I get back home. If you guys can agree on a different default 3d voltage or/and clocks that should be stable for everyone then let me know. No need to hurry, won't be able to nöd stuff for some days.

Mine can run MSI Kombustor - Fur Test for about 5 min with 0.987V(-112mV) without any artifacts or driver crash. At 0.975V(-125mV) it has some artifact, but the driver does not crash. Lower than that, there is lot of artifacts and the driver will crash. With default 1058MHz clock.post-20850-1449499797418_thumb.png

Mine can run MSI Kombustor - Fur Test for about 5 min with 0.987V(-112mV) without any artifacts or driver crash. At 0.975V(-125mV) it has some artifact, but the driver does not crash. Lower than that, there is lot of artifacts and the driver will crash. With default 1058MHz clock.[ATTACH=CONFIG]12088[/ATTACH]

Cool, even though I can't recommend that test, not necessarily healthy for the voltage supply circuits of the GPU.

Anyway, would be nice to see if 1v is game stable for everyone.

Is this mod compatible with the 755M version?

Yes.

• Thumbs Up 2

So as I'm understanding it, if you're on stock 3.05 then you're stuck there and can't get the modded 3.05.

I've seen a lot of contradictory things and questions about being able to downgrade from stock 3.05. Any way I could get some clarification?

Nevermind on that post, I found my answer in another thread. Can't wait to be able to download the new mod.

Here goes! I'm downgrading to v2.07 from the stock v3.05, to install a 7260.

Bios for 3.0.5 contains the same or different voltages for 750M and 755M? If you use the same voltage, the 750m can work stably, but the 755 is not.

Thanks! I have been looking for this. I'm planning to change WIFI Card but Lenovo put a f***g whitelist. Why? :(

has anyone noticed any real / tangible benefits (performance wise) when they flashed this mod? What kind of improvements can I expect to see? I am a "semi-newb" when it comes to things like this and wouldnt want to risk anything botching my system for nothing ya know? As I understand it is supposed to allow you to change your wifi card if desired. when it says "hidden BIOS menus unlocked" what exactly does am i unlocking?

"-VBIOS tweaked for more performance and better tuning possibilities"... what is "v-bios" (virtual?) and what kind of performance and tuning possibilities are we talking here? New to the forum so please feel free to re-direct me if I am posting in the wrong place. Thanks for your input. Any help/information/tips is GREATLY appreciated. THanks again. (One down and 4 to go lol) :)

has anyone noticed any real / tangible benefits (performance wise) when they flashed this mod? What kind of improvements can I expect to see? I am a "semi-newb" when it comes to things like this and wouldnt want to risk anything botching my system for nothing ya know? As I understand it is supposed to allow you to change your wifi card if desired. when it says "hidden BIOS menus unlocked" what exactly does am i unlocking?

"-VBIOS tweaked for more performance and better tuning possibilities"... what is "v-bios" (virtual?) and what kind of performance and tuning possibilities are we talking here? New to the forum so please feel free to re-direct me if I am posting in the wrong place. Thanks for your input. Any help/information/tips is GREATLY appreciated. THanks again. (One down and 4 to go lol) :)

AFAIK vbios is Bios of your VGA card/GPU

I hope I can use the modded bios on my system, I recently installed the new bios update that lenovo released on their site and then found this, Hopefully the bios be unlocked so I can properly cool the gpu with a fan boost :o

I'm on stock 2.07 according to dxdiag, so a few pages back I see a modified 3.05 BIOS file, as well as an ultrabay file. Do I just run those two from Windows and I'll have the performance tweaks and BIOS tweaks mentioned in the OP?

VBIOS = Video BIOS meaning that you can overclock the gpu over the +135mhz and the stock clock is 1058mhz. the unlocked menu contain lot of option that can be changed and tweaked.

If I got this right, If the laptop is in 3.05 originally, it is better to downgrade first to 2.07 then apply the modded 3.05? I have the 755m SLI version so I can test the modded bios if I reached the number of posts required to download. Are there currently issues in using this modded bios?

3.0.5 mod bios will be work if not update EC firmware?

I'm also curious about this, I'm very familiar with hardware but I'm not sure what "EC" is, how to update it, or where to get said update.

So it's all fine with the mod? :)

im here on v3.05 i need to go to v2.07 ar smnthg like that?

Is downgrade to 2.07, applying modded 3.05 and recovery to fully stock 3.05 without any side effects possible?