EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
svl7

Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

So... can anyone who isn't on v3.05 test flashing the EC only for me?

Just download the attached archive, put all files on the root of a DOS bootable usb drive and run EC.bat.

Please check the bios version and EC version in the BIOS setup menu before doing so. If it flashes then check afterwards and let me know whether it worked and only the EC got updated.

Thanks!

EDIT: File removed, thanks for testing!

Just download the attached archive, put all files on the root of a DOS bootable usb drive and run EC.bat.

Please check the bios version and EC version in the BIOS setup menu before doing so. If it flashes then check afterwards and let me know whether it worked and only the EC got updated.

Thanks!

Will this work if I downgrade to 2.07 from 3.05 to give you the results you're looking for?

Thanks!

flash failure

1.boot in dos run EC.bat

post-15178-14494997918503_thumb.jpgwaiting for a second, Ctrl+Alt+Del restart

2.restart

post-15178-14494997918865_thumb.jpg

3.restart again,in the bios setup EC version not change.

• Thumbs Up 1

flash failure

Hmm, can you edit the .bat file and change "/EC" to "/ECB" and try again?

Will this work if I downgrade to 2.07 from 3.05 to give you the results you're looking for?

Yes.

Hmm, can you edit the .bat file and change "/EC" to "/ECB" and try again?

Yes.

Same problem.

Type flashit /? no /EC /ECB parameters.

post-15178-14494997919622_thumb.jpg

post-15178-14494997920052_thumb.jpg

post-15178-14494997952584_thumb.jpg

post-15178-14494997952983_thumb.jpg

Oh, they must have updated it. Then try /ECBP or /ECP

Please try with this file instead of the other bin.

The stupid error message isn't really helping :)

EDIT: File removed, thanks for testing!

The new .bin works. although the flashing quite long and the fan spinning at full speed(very fast).post-20850-14494997953757_thumb.jpg

post-20850-14494997953344_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Cool, thanks for testing!

So, flashing the bios from 2.07 is no problem anyway, EC works as well now... and I think the ME will be possible as well... just makes the whole procedure of getting to a proper 3.05 a bit more complicated :D

EDIT: @PlaZing - you flashed with /ECP I assume?

Hello all :) I'm hoping somebody can help me out :)!

I have the Lenovo y510p with nvidia 755m sli.

What I am after is the advanced tab in the bios settings, all I really need is fan control, that is it.

I'm running 3.05 (74cn44ww)

I do not mind if I have to downgrade my bios version, just need this fan control!

Many thanks to anybody than can help!

Late,i do not download the test file.

But now i understand,in the Official BIOS,search "iflash_ec_img" ,from 02 00 70 02 ...cut 131072 bytes. It's EC file.

Use flashit xxx.bin /EC.

Now my EC version is 3.05.

post-15178-14494997954101_thumb.png

Cool, thanks for testing!

So, flashing the bios from 2.07 is no problem anyway, EC works as well now... and I think the ME will be possible as well... just makes the whole procedure of getting to a proper 3.05 a bit more complicated :D

EDIT: @PlaZing - you flashed with /ECP I assume?

So, what does this mean in normal people speak towards a 3.05 whitelist bios?

And, barring that is there a list of changes that 3.05 fixed that 2.07 doesnt have? IE: what do we lose by not being on 3.05?

I'll try to post the mod this week.

3.05 compared to v2.07 has quite some changes.

Most importantly they locked it down, so flashing anything from 3.05 is not easily possible.

Major BIOS changes include update ME firmware, new nvidia vbios, updated intel vbios, Win8.1 acpi entry and quite some "under the hood" fixes that most won't notice I guess.

• Thumbs Up 3

I have a Lenovo Y510P with SLI and the bios version is 2.07.

Should I stay with this version?

I'll try to post the mod this week.

3.05 compared to v2.07 has quite some changes.

Most importantly they locked it down, so flashing anything from 3.05 is not easily possible.

Major BIOS changes include update ME firmware, new nvidia vbios, updated intel vbios, Win8.1 acpi entry and quite some "under the hood" fixes that most won't notice I guess.

Thank you so much svl7. If this solves my sleep issues, expect a few beers in CAD currency. I've lost a lot of hair and time dealing with this bs.

Lenovo released official 3.05 bios update for all Y410p/Y510p.

Maybe it will ease modding process and reverting afterwards.

source:

http://mobilesupport.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads//DS100631

direct bios link:

http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/74cn44ww.exe

direct readme link:

http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/74CN44WW%20Readme.txt

2. There one more officially supported wifi card that is not mentioned in maintenance manual (mentioned on forums but not in full detail and is mounted in North American Y510P model 59422936

WLAN WiFi 2x2 BGN+BT4.0 Intel 7260BN 2x2BN+BT PCIE HMC WLAN 20200412

data taken from U430 manual page 76, section 12::

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?DocID=UM018443

Confirmed by Lenovo Support.

In short:

Intel 7260HMWBN, FRU 04W3815, LC P/N: 20200412

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/wireless-products/wireless-n-7260-bluetooth.html

http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/product-briefs/wireless-n-7260-bluetooth-brief.pdf

Is v1.10 compatible with y510p with 755m or am I restricted to v2.04/7? If it is compatible can anyone get me a download link?

so any luck on getting menus unlocked for version 3.05?

also if you manage to fix this does it also unlock so MSI afterburner can adjust the fan speed or monitor fan speed to?

Has anyone tried reverting from modded BIOS to stock with official Lenovo bios update?

Was the revert fully successful - looks 100% like stock?

I would love to know if I unlock the bios would it be also letting me also change the stupid nvidia thing where the power doesnt activate the graphics?

what network card is compabile with lenovo y510p? I want to upgrade it and probably use it on a ac card!