Review: E-Win Champion Series Gaming Chair Read more... ×
EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
svl7

Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

its only the wifi card (some fcc issue).

I succesfully replaced my ssd (with a m2 128gb) and ram (used to be 8, now i have 16gb) and ditched the hdd and swapped it with a 480gb samsung ssd).

So I have a VERY special scenario y410p, and I'm looking for some input. My laptop is a nearly August 2013 y410p on 1.07 BIOS with single 750m. I just recently bought one of the GT755M5s from Lenovo when they were only $99, and modified the hardware straps and BIOS so that it could be recognized in my y410p as a 750m.

SLI is working great. It's a 750m SLI'ed with 755m->750m downgraded Ultrabay card.

Does this 1.07 BIOS mod allow for SLI? If so I noticed that there is a notice for SLI users to reflash their Ultrabay... however I'm a 750m user using a hax0r'd 755m.

I just want undervolting really. Not too worried about the whitelisting. My laptop is throttling excessively while playing games and it is unacceptable.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can the modded bios allow you to turn off a PCI slot? I'm looking to disable the ultrabay graphics without physically removing the card.

SO, people never found out how to solve the "Sleep mode" problem did they?

Also, how do you revert back to original "un-modded" BIOS?

I am currently on v1.10 with the bios mod (for my 7260AC card) and want to upgrade to v2.7 but can't for the life of find a download link for it. Where is everyone getting v2.7? This is for a y410p btw.

I am new to this and I was wondering, will I be able to flash the stock bios back onto my computer?

I will be flashing my bios in a few days (once I get some free time) so that I can upgrade that terrible wireless card. However, I was also wondering if you are able to reflash the bios to stock.

Does anyone know have knowledge where can I get the whitelist or tell me if bcm94313hmgb will work on y510p?

Is there a moddified vBIOS for Windows 8.1 for the 750m Ultrabay card? Right now the onboard card is stock clocked at 1058 MHz and the Ultrabay is clocked at 941 MHz. However when I use GPU-Z sensors, it says they are both running at 1058 MHz. Not sure what to believe.

Hi all, I also have Lenovo Y510p,.May I disable optimus for internal gpu 755M with unlocked bios?

Can't wait till my 7260 ac comes in so I can replace this 2230. My speeds and reliability are terrible.

Is there a place with all of the y410p BIOS versions? Can someone post that link? I know several other people are looking for it as well....

This is a god sent! Thanks so much! I'm trying to upgrade my stupid N2230 network card. Got the N7630 but got hit with the stupid Bios message: The network card is unauthorized. Thanks so much guys!

post-26846-14494997755602_thumb.png

Please help!! Why do I keep getting this error?? I'm running this with the Administrator account with the cmd in Administrator privilege. But I keep getting this error no matter what I try? What am I not getting? Am I missing a step? I can't get this to work so I can't get a backup of the bios to mod it. Please help. T_T

I have a Lenovo Y410p with Bios version 1.07. It originally came with Windows 8, which I then quickly proceeded to downgrade to Windows 7 Professional.

Okay for some reason my cmd.exe seems to be the problem... (I disabled the AV software, disabled UAC + registry).

So I decided to use powershell. Powershell was able to do the backup.bat with: "start backup.bat" so yay! I got a bios backup and went on to modifying it.

NOW. The problem is I can't flash it. I tried flashing with the script provided on the powershell, and it doesn't like it. And then I tried it with "start" and it doesn't get the -bios argument. Then I went to the cmd and I got the same damn Error 284: Fail to load driver (PCI Express) Tools need to run with administrator privilege account.

What the hell? What is wrong with my cmd???

post-26846-14494997759499_thumb.png

Okay figured it out. If you're running into trouble as I did for this whole thing, here's the extra step you need to do.

1. right-click on the fptw64.exe --> go to properties

2. under the general tab --> Unblock if the option is there

3. under the compatibility tab --> check the run this program as administrator box AND also check the box that says Run this program in compatibility mode for: and select your windows os.

OMG. Flash sucessful... let's reboot and see... *fingers crossed*

I'm posting this with my new Intel Wireless-AC 7260 card!! WHOOTTTT!!!

Thanks so much for the mods and instructions!!

I really thought this was going to be a hassle-free install of an 7260 wifi card but seriously this is becoming a huge pain in the butt.

Sorry for my absence in this thread, I'll try to catch up on things.

I'm looking for a y410p / y510p serial nr, if anyone wants to help me please send a PM.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm looking for a y410p / y510p serial nr, if anyone wants to help me please send a PM.

What serial number do you need I have y510p i can help

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

how do i use the tool

how do i use the tool

1 - read post nr. 1

2 - download tools

3 - follow instructions in post nr 1

What serial number do you need I have y510p i can help

Thank you, appreciate it. Already got what I needed from a different user.