Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

I get an error 51 when attempting to make a backup of the bios.

"Error 51: An attempt was made to read beyond the end of flash memory"

Any help?

Seems like one of the flash parts on your board is not recognized... I need to know it's name, else I can't help you. You could disassemble the system and check which flash chip is installed besides the one that is recognized or maybe if dumped the whole firmware I could figure it out. Try to run the flash tool with -d me.bin -me. It will most likely come up with an error though...

I was getting both problems. My fix was just to merge the original and the 'fix' fparts.txt together and it worked. I've attached my file

'Error 104' Fix - v01 (Modified AB).zip

• Thumbs Up 3

I used a 256m usb flash disk, and tried the file name Yx01.bin, .rom, .wph, .fd, but none worked.

need I use crysis tool (wincris.exe) to prepare a bootable disk or remove other HD disks?

sorry to hear that :(

for recovery flashing, neither.

I ran out of ideas, maybe svl7 can help you somehow...

Hoping to be able to flash my y510p's bios once I can download the tool for my v1.09. Anyone actually changed their wireless card for one that supports 5Ghz?

I have the 7260, which is their newest card that also supports AC, installed and working perfectly.

Just wondering if anyone has tinkered with the disabled by default "Overclocking Menu"? I can't really afford to be a guiney pig as this is my only machine... +3 for everything so far going smoothly.

Successful 1.09 Flash on y510p w/ i7-4700mq, SLI 750m's, new Wifi card in the mail as of now!

Just wondering if anyone has tinkered with the disabled by default "Overclocking Menu"? I can't really afford to be a guiney pig as this is my only machine... +3 for everything so far going smoothly.

Successful 1.09 Flash on y510p w/ i7-4700mq, SLI 750m's, new Wifi card in the mail as of now!

simple version : turn around, go away from that. :)

longer version: There you can set flex ratio, which is highest non turbo multi. only lowering is possible

You can up turbo multis by 2, by enabling extreme edition menu, and set 34-34 or 36,35,34,34, but if you didn't repasted cpu, dont do it.

Somewhere, cant remember properly, you can set HT on/off.

In chipset/power control, you can set MSR lock to disable, so you can alter TDP limits on the fly, with XTU.

Other setting are untested.

ps:

Dont panic, if your laptop is powering down after 1-2 sec after exit&save and restart.

Turn it on again. If not succesfull, now you can start panic. :)

well i figured that much, I have developed a new issue in the mean time, although I don't think that it directly related to this bios unlocking, but I've been wrong before... Both of my GT 750m's are locked in the lowest Power State (P8) and I have no idea how to get them to cooperate, I had this issue once before and the only fix I could come up with was doing a factory reset from within 8 and that fixed it until now... Does anyone have any ideas on the matter? I really would like to avoid having to do this again, that meaning the factory reset...

I was wondering this as well. I don't really game so I could use the extra battery life. I did the other hack already. Here it is if you missed it I figured out the bluray thing. Take out other 750, put in Bluray Burner. If you have this model with the 24gig SSD go to it. Select 'drivers' folder then naviagte to VGA. Select it and go to Intel folder first to enable the onboard graphics, the Intel 4600 GPU. Click on 9.18.10.3071 folder or whatever it's named on your rig.Click setup application. Install it. Restart. Go back to VGA folder on 24 gig SSD, select 'Nvidia' then x64 and install that app that's inside the '9.18.13.1141' folder. Restart if needed, if not 'Right click Desktop, select Graphics Properties/Intel HD Graphics Control Panel (it's automatic) Click 'Display' to verify 4600 is good and selected as only option. Go back to Desktop, right click. Go to NVIDIA Control panel>Manage 3D settings>Global Settings>select 'Auto Select' (Optimus) Fire up Bluray and pump your fist because guess what? You now can get up to 5 hours of battery life on built in GPU!

I may have uncovered a bug... I installed my shiny new 7260 (it's been awesome so far!) but now my computer won't sleep with either closing the lid or hitting the sleep button. When I hit the sleep button, it looks like it goes to sleep for like half a second (keyboard back light goes off and the power button blinks once) but it immediately turns back on after that.