Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

So will unlocking the BIOS let me have the fan options back?

This y510p quit on me after about three months.

I get it back and they done a BIOS update that removed the fan options.

I don't see any fan options on the 2.07 whitelist only version

Thanks. Helped for prolonged reboot time, didn't for bluetooth sleep issue.

Try totally uninstalling the 7260 AC drivers and get the latest from Intel, I had the same issue and did the following and it fixed it.

I'm sorry but I have trouble understanding this. I typed this into the admin CMD "C:\Users\Edwin\Desktop\bios flash\Backup.bat" and it gave me a message about it not being an operable program or batch file.

I also accidentally upgraded my bios to v2.07 without thinking which was really stupid of me. It means I won't be able to flash the bios and mod my GPU right? Thank for your help so far, really appreciate it. :adoration:

Then CD (go to) to the folder with the backup.bat file is once in that dic, just type out the backup.bat file name (easy way is to just type the first letter and hit tab it will auto finish it for you).

I'm sorry but I have trouble understanding this. I typed this into the admin CMD "C:\Users\Edwin\Desktop\bios flash\Backup.bat" and it gave me a message about it not being an operable program or batch file.

I also accidentally upgraded my bios to v2.07 without thinking which was really stupid of me. It means I won't be able to flash the bios and mod my GPU right? Thank for your help so far, really appreciate it. :adoration:

Then CD (go to) to the folder with the backup.bat file is once in that dic, just type out the backup.bat file name (easy way is to just type the first letter and hit tab it will auto finish it for you).

heh, type cd C:\Users\Edwin\Desktop\bios flash\

hit enter

type Backup.bat

hit enter

If you have a different BIOS I will need a copy of it in order to make it work for your system.

EDIT: v2.04 and v2.07 added (only whitelist removal as for now, more to follow).

hi svl7..!

i have y510p with 2.07 bios and i made a backup of my bios file successfully with FPT_BACKUP_95 program and took a result screen image with it...your fptw64 didnt worked and it says "fptw64.exe cannot be run on the current platform" anyway..so i want to have a FULLY unlocked ver 2.07 bios not only just whitelist and i can send my backup file to you if you want to help

or is it possible to downgrade to 1.xx bios from 2.07 ?

thanks

This is a newbies question, how do I check which bios version I have on y510p? And is there a recommended version to base the mod on? What's the difference between the different versions? Thanks

hit F2 continuosly when you start the computer especially when u see lenovo logo which makes you enter setup and you will see the bios version on the right upper side on your screen

I really need you to explain what does it mean by "You need to call the .bat file from an admin command prompt." I've tried launching the .bat file from admin cmd and dragging it into the cmd windows but nothing works. All it gives me is some error file after I clicked on batch. If you could break the steps up to make it easier to understand then it would mean the world to me. Both of my GT 750m are locked at 1189 Core when active (1076 on GPUz) and the memory on 3000Mhz. If I can unlock this I would still be able to push the core higher and still retain 70-80C.

try this program to make a backup of your bios "FPT_BACKUP_95" it worked for me..and i need a ver 2.07 fully modded bios file too..i modded my second gpu and overclocked it to 1260mhz and it works like a charm without any crash and shut down..but for first gpu you cant make a backup because its not a card..so we need to have a fully unlocked ver2.07 bios..

pls help svl7 i think the time has come to make a fully unlocked ver 2.07 bios :D

Any luck getting windows 7 running on the Y510p with SSD with this mod? I can not get past the install even after install win 7 drivers...

ugh the bios is so limited on this laptop, thanks for the mod

Come on dude what will you do with a turtle speed os like windows 7 compared to 8 ?

windows 8 is much more faster on this machine,im not talking about booting up speed etc..im talking about games,apps runs faster on windows 8..there is huge fps difference like 10-20

it is a system bios mod, and the primary reason for using it is to be able to install a faster, better wireless card.

i dont agree with you about primary reason..when it comes to modding our target is to fully unleash the thing and set it free

Here is the page i found on how to downgrade from 3.05 to 2.07. http://forum.techinferno.com/lenovo-ibm/5405-please-make-modded-y510p-bios-based-74cn44ww-v3-05-a-2.html. I my self will try this very soon.

I have the same problem and want a better Wifi card. Cant wait untill it arrives! I also ordered a M.2 SSD 128GB to put in my M.2 slot on the motherboard.

Hope you got the info you needed.

So many pages lol. A few questions:

1. Can anyone point me to downgrading to 2.07 from 3.05?

2. If you have SLI, does downgrading and then modding still allow SLI to work?

Thank you!

1 it's posted in one of the previous pages or in the topic svl7 make a mod for 3.05 i think it was. http://forum.techinferno.com/attachments/lenovo-ibm/10029d1387540570-y510p-y410p_v207_%5Bstock%5D.zip

2. Yes 2.07 work perfectly fine with sli as long as you flashed the ultrabay with lenovos new vbios.

1 it's posted in one of the previous pages or in the topic svl7 make a mod for 3.05 i think it was. http://forum.techinferno.com/attachments/lenovo-ibm/10029d1387540570-y510p-y410p_v207_%5Bstock%5D.zip

2. Yes 2.07 work perfectly fine with sli as long as you flashed the ultrabay with lenovos new vbios.

SO downgrade to 2.07 and it should work. Do you have to flash the SLI? I also just took the HD from my other laptop (SSD) and put it in the Lenovo. I had to DL a few drivers and re-activate windows but its fine now...just hoping that doesnt cause issues. Im trying to get my Killer 1202N over, thats why I need to white list. So hopefully this should be easy. Any tips or tricks? I just read all 60 pages!

Here is the page i found on how to downgrade from 3.05 to 2.07. http://forum.techinferno.com/lenovo-ibm/5405-please-make-modded-y510p-bios-based-74cn44ww-v3-05-a-2.html. I my self will try this very soon.

I have the same problem and want a better Wifi card. Cant wait untill it arrives! I also ordered a M.2 SSD 128GB to put in my M.2 slot on the motherboard.

Hope you got the info you needed.

Careful, I ordered a M.2 SSD too but found out they didn't put the m.2 connector in my laptop. It seems like they stopped adding the connectors if you dont buy it with the m.2 already installed.

If I'm only interested in the whitelist removal, is there any benefit of me upgrading from BIOS 1.09 to 2.04 or 2.07?

Do not upgrade, you will regret it at some point lol. With 1.09 you are still able to unlock the hidden bios settings AND get the whitelist removal. Absolutely no benefit with the newer bios versions.

- - - Updated - - -

Any update on a 2.07 unlocked BIOS? Thanks!

Do not upgrade, you will regret it at some point lol. With 1.09 you are still able to unlock the hidden bios settings AND get the whitelist removal. Absolutely no benefit with the newer bios versions.

Thanks for the advice! I was just making sure there wasn't improved support for the Intel 7260 in a newer BIOS version.

I just cloned the stock drive to my ssd

Which Bios are you running? Im runing 2.07 now, downgraded from 305. BUt when the SSD boots it starts windows, then says there was a problem. I put the 5200rpm drive inm and it works. Is there a limitation why this would be failing? How can I clone it to the SSD?

Good news is I installed the better network card.

I just got some alternative Wlan cards to test this out with. Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235, anyone tested whit this one yet?

Also have a dualband atheros card. I also have a card with 3 antennas from intel witch used to sit in a samsung laptop.

Do you think that will work?

SO i messed with the BIOS then tried my SSD again after i put it in my other laptop. Now it went throught the setting up devices and works. So y510p with 755M SLI and Killernetworks card installed PLUS 512SSD by Crucial

I want to replace the crapola centrino 2230 card in my laptop but I still have 2 years of warranty and really shitty luck :(

So I have the options of the Broadcom BCM943228HMB (WLAN, WiFi 2x2 ABGN+BT4.0 Cbt BCM943228HMB 2x2ABGN+BT4.0 HMC, FRU 20200221) and the Liteon WB222 (WLAN, WiFi 2x2 ABGN+BT4.0 Liteon WB222 2x2ABGN+BT4.0 HMC, FRU 20200225). Does anyone have an idea or any suggestions as to which one is more stable on windows 8.1 (or if it has any problems at all), or which one is better and more reliable. Sorry if this is off-topic but I am unable to find out anything about this and I really, really need the help.

Thanks.

Which Bios are you running? Im runing 2.07 now, downgraded from 305. BUt when the SSD boots it starts windows, then says there was a problem. I put the 5200rpm drive inm and it works. Is there a limitation why this would be failing? How can I clone it to the SSD?

Good news is I installed the better network card.

I was on 3.05 and went to 2.07. I used acronis true image to make a drive image then copied that image to my SSD. It didn't seem to work any other way heh.

This is a link to a post in this thread which contains the list.

http://forum.techinferno.com/lenovo-ibm/4668-lenovo-y410p-y510p-unlocked-bios-wlan-whitelist-mod-vbios-mod-57.html#post83364

The whitelist can be fouind in the hardware maintenance manual (hmm) of the Y510p.

Link to HMM - Hardware Maintenance Manual - IdeaPad Y410p, Y510p

Full list of alternate supprted WLAN cards for Y410p/Y510p:

<code style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-weight: inherit; line-height: 14px;">WLAN - Liteon WB222 2x2ABGN+BT4.0 (Combo) FRU# 20200225

WLAN, WiFi 2x2 ABGN+BT4.0, Liteon WB222 2x2ABGN+BT4.0 HMC

WLAN - Liteon WB225 1x1BGN+BT4.0 (Combo) FRU# 20200224

WLAN, WiFi 1x1 BGN+BT4.0, Liteon WB225 1x1BGN+BT4.0 HMC

WLAN - Liteon HB125 FRU# 20200223

WLAN, WiFi 1x1 BGN, Liteon HB125 1x1BGN HMC

WLAN - Cbt BCM943228HMB(Combo) FRU# 20200221

WLAN, WiFi 2x2 ABGN+BT4.0, Cbt BCM943228HMB 2x2ABGN+BT4.0 HMC

WLAN - Cbt BCM943142HM BGN+BT (Combo) FRU# 20200222

WLAN, WiFi 1x1 BGN+BT4.0, Cbt BCM943142HM 1x1BGN+BT4.0 HMC

WLAN - Cbt BCM94313HMG FRU# 20200102

WLAN, WiFi 1x1 BGN, Cbt BCM94313HMG 1x1BGN HMC

WLAN - Cbt BCM94352HMG (Combo) FRU# 20200381