Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

This is so ridiculous for many reasons more than one. Locking the bios?..really?...and not only that but lets bundle it with a crappy ass wifi card. Has there been any insight on getting the whitelist removed on 3.05? i really dont want to mess with anything else i do know about the whole downgrading to 2.07 but afraid it will just break something else. I currently run the SLI 755m/16gb/1tb5400rpm+24msata/intel 7260n. This wireless card is just crap period and god knows how much help lenovo tech support is. If downgrading is the only way to get the whitelist removed then i would like to see what the change list is from 2.07-->3.05. Thanks to anyone who gives help.

Hi, I just to say I appreciate everything you've did so far. I got my Y510p with 750m SLI last month and after reading your post I wanted to try it out myself, the problem is I am a new user and I cannot see or download your attachments. Could you please kindly redirect me to a link where I can download them? Please if you can do that I would appreciate it so much! :) Thank you.

[ATTACH]10939[/ATTACH][ATTACH]10938[/ATTACH]

What am I doing wrong here? I tried to follow the steps in the OP but it kept saying its not 1.07. Please advice.

what program are you using in that first screenshot so I can check against mine

Hi

I have an Lenovo y510p i7 4700qm 2x gt755m bios 3.05 Wireless-N 2230 I had make downgradeto version 2.07 then I saved him and made Y510p-Y410p_[v2.04][v2.07]_BiosFixer_(Whitelistonly) then I rewrite it … exactly as I read from the first page. I didn’t getany error code. All worked perfectly …maybe I omitted something … In the BIOSdoesn’t appear hidden menus. There can be a problem because a fparts.txt? Maybesomeone can illuminate me. Thanks anticipate.

mibix... you were dropping the batch file to patcher, you need to drop

actual BIOS file to patcher, and then re-flash the patched file back

Heh, I never had any problems applying this mod. I was quoting 3dwin4tor, but nice grab I didn't even notice he was putting in the wrong file :P

@3dwin4tor : I will take a screenshot when I get home but I think joom00 is right, you are just putting the wrong file in to the patcher

I have an Lenovo y510p i7 4700qm 2x gt755m bios 3.05 Wireless-N 2230 I had make downgrade to version 2.07 then I saved him and made Y510p-Y410p_[v2.04][v2.07]_BiosFixer_(Whitelistonly) then I rewrite it … exactly as I read from the first page. I didn’t get any error code. All worked perfectly …maybe I omitted something … In the BIOS doesn’t appear hidden menus. There can be a problem because a fparts.txt? Maybe someone can illuminate me. Thanks anticipate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEuttBOoVUI&feature=youtu.be

i got a Y510P GT755M, bios version 3.05. I tried to find GT755M to SLI my laptop, sadly i can't find one and end up found one GT650M for Y500.

i tried put the GT650M display card into my laptop and it just won't boot =.=. Do i need to use the modded 1.07 bios?

Hi guys. There is so much confusing information out there that I am still unsure about the wireless cards that are accepted in the y510p. I don't care about AC I just want 5ghz N300. I have Bios 3.5 on my laptop. Will this Intel card work for me without modding my bios?

Intel 7260HMW AN IEEE 802.11 Dual Band N600 Mini PCI Express Wi-Fi plus Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Adapter, 2.4GHz 300Mbps/5GHz 300Mbps

Newegg.com - Intel 7260HMW AN IEEE 802.11 Dual Band N600 Mini PCI Express Wi-Fi plus Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Adapter, 2.4GHz 300Mbps/5GHz 300Mbps

Hi,

I have been looking through the thread but there is a lot of confusing information. Wondering if this adapter will work for my y510p without any bios modding. I am on bios 3.5

Intel 7260HMW AN IEEE 802.11 Dual Band N600 Mini PCI Express Wi-Fi plus Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Adapter, 2.4GHz 300Mbps/5GHz 300Mbps