Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

Bios 2.07 y410p intel 7260 working wonders expect for the sleep problem when Bluetooth is switched on.

I think mine is ok. I tried press sleep button. The fan will still work for couple minutes and then my pc goes to sleep (fan off).

check "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Power" see if there is "AwayModeEnabled--value=1" delet it.

check powercfg /requests and powercfg /a and see if those are normal

check power setting see if those settings are sleep or "hibernate", if that is what you want.

or disable bluetooth because even open bluetooth it will still lost data during sleeping.

Hope this helps

• Thumbs Up 1

Can the tools provided here work on my Z510 Haswell Lenovo?

I've tried flashing a modded bios either from DOS or from Windows 8.1 with ftp/fpt64 and I get Error 280: Failed to disable write protection for the BIOS space!.

I was able to backup my bios.

Nobody was able to help me yet, any ideas?

Thanks!

Hello svl7!

I recently bought a y510p, and have been tinkering around with it in my free time. I see recently you added support for versions 2.04, and 2.07. Unfortunately, after a disappointing trip to the bios menu I have version 3.07. I can't find official links anywhere from lenovo, but I could certainly make a backup of the bios.

Is is there any chance at getting some help unlocking/un-whitelisting my wireless card on this version? Or is there a safe path to downgrade, and then lock perhaps?

Any help you could provide in any way would be extremely helpful as research material is seemingly scarce online.

I've been googling this is different ways for some time, just hoping for an update somewhere.

Kind regards,

Crux

Can the tools provided here work on my Z510 Haswell Lenovo?

I've tried flashing a modded bios either from DOS or from Windows 8.1 with ftp/fpt64 and I get Error 280: Failed to disable write protection for the BIOS space!.

I was able to backup my bios.

Nobody was able to help me yet, any ideas?

Thanks!

Nope, that will require a separate mod, but according to the error you get it will most likely not be possible for your system, unless you buy a bios chip with a modified bios on it.

I don't recommend you to flash BIOS of different laptop.

Me neither. It definitely won't work in this case.

Hello svl7!

I recently bought a y510p, and have been tinkering around with it in my free time. I see recently you added support for versions 2.04, and 2.07. Unfortunately, after a disappointing trip to the bios menu I have version 3.07. I can't find official links anywhere from lenovo, but I could certainly make a backup of the bios.

Is is there any chance at getting some help unlocking/un-whitelisting my wireless card on this version? Or is there a safe path to downgrade, and then lock perhaps?

Any help you could provide in any way would be extremely helpful as research material is seemingly scarce online.

I've been googling this is different ways for some time, just hoping for an update somewhere.

Send me a copy of your bios and I'll mod it as well.

Are there any differences in the version 1.7, 1.9 and 1.10?

Yes of course.

Good afternoon,

I am new to this forum, but I think I am in the right place.

I currently have a Lenovo Y510P notebook and I just installed Windows 8.1

Since doing so, the integrated Intel graphics card is taking lead and my nVidia GT 750M card is in the back seat.

This is not making me happy as I don't like having to share resources.

My BIOS is rev 3.07 which crux161 had mentioned earlier.

I would greatly appreciate any help in getting either the integrated video board disabled or the GT 750M as primary.

Cheers,

D

In the haste of being so ready to mod this system, I find myself making armature mistakes. The version I have is 2.07, (74CN41WW) Rev3.7 is the InsydeH20 util. I just have to get my wireless card (Broadcom for hackintoshing like my old mbp 8,1). I've found a lot of good information and when I can scrape together some cash, you guys will certainly get something donated.

Thanks for your quick reply and for the 2.07 release :) I just need to contribute a little and I'll be able to take part in the un whitelisting process and get my install of mavericks online! OS X apparently hates intel wireless cards... And yet Bluetooth, built into the same hardware as the wifi, worked out of the box with zero configuration on my part... But I digress. Thanks again!

kind Regards,

crux

@dmgloden

No worries! You IGU is by default, disabled! Windows runs on the first 750m card that you can't remove. If you're having an issue activating SLI there is an update in the lenovo forms where moderators in line with tech support first released the fix for windows 8.1. The issue is that when the new driver (anything newer than the release in sometime this last April) would break SLI functionality. After many complaints on the forum, they released new drivers and specifically -- this is Key -- a VBIOS update for the ultrabay 750m card which wasn't receiving the intended VBIOS update that apparently was already performed on the internal dedicated 750m. I don't understand how that works entirely, but for SLI to function I know the cards usually need to be the same so maybe the different VBIOS created an issue in windows 8.1.

Performing the steps listed on the site I was able to restore SLI with the ultrabay card in windows 8.1 pro. I'll edit try to get the link up here if you can't find it on their forums. A lot of people are having trouble with the fix, but it was pretty simple for me — I mean, you unzip a file, run a bat, and click y, then restart lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello svl7!

Unfortunately my y510p has bios version 2.02..

Can you help me by adding v2.02 support to the tool? Or is it possible that I update my current bios to a white-list-tool friendly version?

Thanks! :)

Are you sure it's 2.02 and not just the utility, if it's true svl7 needs a copy of your bios. He have written a nice guide on the first page.

@crux161

So I would agree that my IGU was disabled when I was running Win 8 Pro, but not in Win 8.1 Pro,

I am not sure how or why, but if you take a look at my attachments, I think you would agree that the IGU is most definitely not disabled.

Note that these are not with my second SLI GPU in the system.

I will gather that information when I get home to my second GPU.

Cheers

post-19691-14494996394026_thumb.jpg

post-19691-14494996394471_thumb.jpg

post-19691-14494996394922_thumb.jpg

post-19691-14494996395336_thumb.jpg

Are you sure it's 2.02 and not just the utility, if it's true svl7 needs a copy of your bios. He have written a nice guide on the first page.

post-17359-14494996395921_thumb.jpg

I'm afraid not.. And this is also what it says at the bios screen.

Anyway.. My bios backup is send via PM.