Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

I just bought a y510p with the 750 SLI and I'm planning on installing the Intel 7260 when it comes. The laptop has bios v3.05.

It sounds like the stock bios version 3.05 from Lenovo fixed a couple issues. Has there been any progress modding the 3.05 bios without downgrading?

Flashing the ultra bay 750m / 755m - only for SLI users

Is ultra bay the brand of the video card? And are all of them ultra bay branded?

I have the 750m SLI - does that mean that I for sure have the ultra bay? If not for sure, how do I find out? CPU-Z?

Thanks!

I cannot make a backup of my BIOS. I run the fptw program as an admin, but some red text appears and the window quickly closes. I also get an error saying that I'm missing some file sometimes. Please help; I bought a subscription for this and it is utterly useless.

Is ultra bay the brand of the video card? And are all of them ultra bay branded?

I have the 750m SLI - does that mean that I for sure have the ultra bay? If not for sure, how do I find out? CPU-Z?

Thanks!

All Lenovo Y510P Series have ultrabay, it's a slot for additional Discrete Graphics/HDD/BD Rom/or just additional fan.

Of course you have. You can change your 750 SLI discrete graphics with another ultrabay odd

I cannot make a backup of my BIOS. I run the fptw program as an admin, but some red text appears and the window quickly closes. I also get an error saying that I'm missing some file sometimes. Please help; I bought a subscription for this and it is utterly useless.

you need to start reading through the forums.....at the very least, the first and last few pages

http://forum.techinferno.com/lenovo-ibm/4668-lenovo-y410p-y510p-unlocked-bios-wlan-whitelist-mod-vbios-mod-132.html#post108176

Thanks!

Ultra Bay is the Name of the removable drive slot on right hand side of the Y410p/y510p laptops. If you have the SLI model you have one.

• Thumbs Up 3

HOW TO RESET CMOS EASILY AND QUICKLY Y510P

If your system no longer boots due to a BIOS setting change you can remove the back cover and remove both sticks of RAM. Underneath the RAM is 4 copper contacts. The two on the right side that are labeled JCMOS2 need to be connected while the computer is powered on. I know this sounds crazy, I thought I broke my laptop, but as soon as I made contact with the wires the system began to boot. I hope this helps everyone, because I thought I bricked my BIOS!

JKH

P.S. If someone can tell me how to fun the fans at 100% all the time that would be fantastic and how to lower the CPU VID without causing my computer to not boot!

• Thumbs Up 1

HOW TO RESET CMOS EASILY AND QUICKLY Y510P

If your system no longer boots due to a BIOS setting change you can remove the back cover and remove both sticks of RAM. Underneath the RAM is 4 copper contacts. The two on the right side that are labeled JCMOS2 need to be connected while the computer is powered on. I know this sounds crazy, I thought I broke my laptop, but as soon as I made contact with the wires the system began to boot. I hope this helps everyone, because I thought I bricked my BIOS!

JKH

P.S. If someone can tell me how to fun the fans at 100% all the time that would be fantastic and how to lower the CPU VID without causing my computer to not boot!

Ugh, this would have helped soooo much a few weeks ago. I guess if i accidently mess something up again though i know what to do though.

• Thumbs Up 1

hello,

i joined this forum being a "proud" owner of lenovo g510. so far the laptop is very satisfactory apart from the wifi card (broadcom), and i would replace it in an instant if it wasn't for this monopolistic bios white list that lenovo imposes as you are all aware.

anyway, since i'm not to savvy in bios modding, i was wondering if it is possible to mod the bios of my laptop so that i can replace my wifi with an intel dual-band wifi.

the laptop is thinkpad g510, using the latest insyde v 3.07 bios.

thank you in advance!

hey all,

So after trying to do this, thinking i have a 3.05 BIOS version, it turns out i have BIOS v3.7 so BIOSFixer could never do its work when i gave it bios.bin.

I assume the OP wanted the bios.bin file right? well i have nothing but that as a dump so here it is.

Attached is a BIN FILE and NOT a PDF file, i just made it pdf so it could get attached (perks of being a forum geek :P )

bios.bin.pdf

hey all,

So after trying to do this, thinking i have a 3.05 BIOS version, it turns out i have BIOS v3.7 so BIOSFixer could never do its work when i gave it bios.bin.

I assume the OP wanted the bios.bin file right? well i have nothing but that as a dump so here it is.

Attached is a BIN FILE and NOT a PDF file, i just made it pdf so it could get attached (perks of being a forum geek :P )

Thats the revision number, not the bios version. Your bios version would be under the info tab and not in the top right corner of your screen. It sits with the basic info of your system, its either called the info tab or specifications tab in the bios.

Also, has anyone tried overclocking their RAM from the bios? I was thinking about trying it but I want to know if anyone else has tried it.

Thats the revision number, not the bios version. Your bios version would be under the info tab and not in the top right corner of your screen. It sits with the basic info of your system, its either called the info tab or specifications tab in the bios.

Also, has anyone tried overclocking their RAM from the bios? I was thinking about trying it but I want to know if anyone else has tried it.

ohhhh thank you thank you!!

okay so i'm at 2.07 so i'll be updating to 3.05 to mod it. i'll report back here what will happen when i do.

Hello everyone :)

Forgive me for the noob question as I am new here. I recently got a GT750M for my y510p ultrabay. The official BIOS flash from Lenovo doesn't work and I refuse to go back to Windows 8. Does this mod allow me to have SLI on Windows 7? Thank you

Hello everyone :)

Forgive me for the noob question as I am new here. I recently got a GT750M for my y510p ultrabay. The official BIOS flash from Lenovo doesn't work and I refuse to go back to Windows 8. Does this mod allow me to have SLI on Windows 7? Thank you

vBIOS update not required for SLI in Windows 7.