Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

You need version 9.x or later of fpt, use the link in the first post, that should be the proper one.

thx, thats works. Now i have modded bios :D

but one more problem, i still cannot boot my y510p with secound GF. My primary is 755 and sli 750. With both of them i cannot boot, i have blackscreen, without bios, only keyboarl lid, pover button lid and black screen.

thx, thats works. Now i have modded bios :D

but one more problem, i still cannot boot my y510p with secound GF. My primary is 755 and sli 750. With both of them i cannot boot, i have blackscreen, without bios, only keyboarl lid, pover button lid and black screen.

SLI require both graphic cards to be the same model and modded bios won't help with that.

SLI require both graphic cards to be the same model and modded bios won't help with that.

Yes i know, but 750 and 755 are the same, only one differences i see are clocks. I think that if we can change vbios maybe they will be work together?? Or maybe there will be other sollution to chage how one of them are indetyfing...

Yes i know, but 750 and 755 are the same, only one differences i see are clocks. I think that if we can change vbios maybe they will be work together?? Or maybe there will be other sollution to chage how one of them are indetyfing...

They are still considered to be different. You can get them running in SLI with a bunch of hacks but getting them to boot requires a new whitelist removal hack in the bios.

They are still considered to be different. You can get them running in SLI with a bunch of hacks but getting them to boot requires a new whitelist removal hack in the bios.

as you see post after this i know that this will be reqiured.

this secound part its not a problem.

it is possibe to boot y510p with diffrent gpu using hardware hack (this is not a option for me).- i know that this can be chated by change uid of gpu by change of resistance.

But this is very difficult - smd, small resistors that require professsional soldering hardware.

if someone remove whitelist for gpu, then chcane in driver could be possible - and not so difficuld.

so ive noticed that with the bricked y510p that sometimes the 4th light fron the left comes on and sometimes it doesnt. i wonder if it means anything? also i got a beep out of it when holding f2 with that light on. anyone have any suggestions on anything i should try without taking it apart?

so ive noticed that with the bricked y510p that sometimes the 4th light fron the left comes on and sometimes it doesnt. i wonder if it means anything? also i got a beep out of it when holding f2 with that light on. anyone have any suggestions on anything i should try without taking it apart?

Try holding F2 and pressing up/down/right/left arrows to reset the bios settings. In the first post there is a video of bios which you can try following to go to reset option.

Try holding F2 and pressing up/down/right/left arrows to reset the bios settings. In the first post there is a video of bios which you can try following to go to reset option.

just tried it and nothing happened. i did figure out that a usb hard drive will spin up and i noticed that my ssd enclosure works where as a regular usb stick doesnt power on at all. i might try the method in post 5 too rewrite the bios through usb.

just tried it and nothing happened. i did figure out that a usb hard drive will spin up and i noticed that my ssd enclosure works where as a regular usb stick doesnt power on at all. i might try the method in post 5 too rewrite the bios through usb.

What exactly did you do? Undervolting in Bios? Error while flashing?

undervolting in bios.

Oh well, in that case :D do you have warranty? if yes, send your y510p to lenovo

If you do not have warranty (that's really odd, but it happens) or u had broken your warranty seals , then... hmm... in my case (i don't have warranty, soo) computer service told that CPU is damaged and they cannot fix it, imagine my suprise when my y510p turned ON after it came back from them :D I don't know what fixed it, maybe replacing CPU to another laptop restored sth, i also heard that they restored original "power" on motherboard but it did not help...

Anyway, if you have warranty, send it immediately to Lenovo, else you will be wasting your time like i did

/*** Ignore, we should add the flash back thing in the step list :) ****/

OK, I have tried searching the thread but I seem to have failed at finding an answer. I understand I can't flash the modded bios from 3.05, it needs to be 2.07 etc... I was able to backup and mod the bios. However, when I try to run the exe to revert to 2.07 it just says "BIOS Version compare error" and this is with the Y510p-Y410p_v207_stock.exe. Why won't this flash 2.07? I double checked in the bios and I do currently have 3.05.

Oh well, in that case :D do you have warranty? if yes, send your y510p to lenovo

If you do not have warranty (that's really odd, but it happens) or u had broken your warranty seals , then... hmm... in my case (i don't have warranty, soo) computer service told that CPU is damaged and they cannot fix it, imagine my suprise when my y510p turned ON after it came back from them :D I don't know what fixed it, maybe replacing CPU to another laptop restored sth, i also heard that they restored original "power" on motherboard but it did not help...

Anyway, if you have warranty, send it immediately to Lenovo, else you will be wasting your time like i did

They refused to honor my warrenty when i told them I tried to flash their bios from their website and they said it is a user error instead. Still fighting them on that, but in the mean time i might as well try to see if i can get it to work for now. It seems that people just have theirs start working again randomly so im trying to see if i can somehow get it to work with some key presses or just trying different power states and combinations, etc. Dont want to take it apart in case I can get them to honor my warrenty and then they return it due to seals broken or something.

They refused to honor my warrenty when i told them I tried to flash their bios from their website and they said it is a user error instead. Still fighting them on that, but in the mean time i might as well try to see if i can get it to work for now. It seems that people just have theirs start working again randomly so im trying to see if i can somehow get it to work with some key presses or just trying different power states and combinations, etc. Dont want to take it apart in case I can get them to honor my warrenty and then they return it due to seals broken or something.

I still think its waste of time (i tried everything i could, even changing bios chip)

But, when i called to Lenovo there were 3 different people serving me, each other did know my case so if you would call again to Lenovo, probably new guy will talk to you, and you would tell him that your y510p is just not turning on. Of course if they did not remember you or sth

I still think its waste of time (i tried everything i could, even changing bios chip)

But, when i called to Lenovo there were 3 different people serving me, each other did know my case so if you would call again to Lenovo, probably new guy will talk to you, and you would tell him that your y510p is just not turning on. Of course if they did not remember you or sth

Unfortunantly for me I wasnt thinking too clearly when i called them apparently and they have a case number set up and everything, so even if i did just call again they would have my issue on file anyways. All I can do now is just contest them because flashing their stock bios from their website and it bricking the mobo should be covered under warrenty no matter what they say. There is no explicit warning on the bios download page in their support page that says that flashing it will void your warrenty. Anyways well see what happens, if they dont honor it i will probably just dissect it myself and try some stuff and if it doesnt work ill have to pay them to fix it or pay someone else to fix it.

Hey guys. I come seeking help.

I've began to experience issues with overheating a few months ago whereby my CPU temps would get to 100C before shutting down while playing, the not at all demanding, DOTA 2 at random intervals while occasionally being able to play at relatively stable C (80<).

After many a trial and error (from using IdeaFan's app of overriding the fan to disassembling the laptop and repasting the CPU), it suddenly dawned on me that by looking at the now exposed fan (after having cut the plastic covering the fan and removing the dust filter) is spinning for 1 second every 2-3 seconds.

However, after the repasting and cleaning of fans, I was able to play for a few days lag free at no more than 68C. But the aforementioned issue has come back.

It seems like the fan not spinning was the culprit right from the start. No wonder I was getting temps of up to 88C on idle!

So I was hoping someone could tell me what settings I need to set up in the BIOS to get the fan to work at max RPM all the time without it adjusting to the sensors automatically since they're unreliable in my case.

Especially given that SW like AIDA64, SpeedFan, and HWMonitor aren't even showing the fans in the sensors.

Ty. :)

Hello,

I searched the thread, but i found nothing on how to disable the dGPU(s, also the ultraBay one while its inserted), to save power on battery (sli still idles with ultrabay plugged in, reducing battery by a huuuuge amount).

unlocked BIOS gave me the option to select IGFX, but after reenabling dgpu, screen remains black (fixed by F2, F9, F10). Does anyone have a viable strategy for switching between sli and iGPU only?

So I was hoping someone could tell me what settings I need to set up in the BIOS to get the fan to work at max RPM all the time without it adjusting to the sensors automatically since they're unreliable in my case.

Sorry, that is not possible. There are no setting that can be applied to increase fan speed. People on many different forums have tried to do this and nothing has worked. Somebody made a hack for the dust cleaner app to make the fan run on and off all the time but it didn't really help much (called Ideafan).

- - - Updated - - -

Hello,

I searched the thread, but i found nothing on how to disable the dGPU(s, also the ultraBay one while its inserted), to save power on battery (sli still idles with ultrabay plugged in, reducing battery by a huuuuge amount).

unlocked BIOS gave me the option to select IGFX, but after reenabling dgpu, screen remains black (fixed by F2, F9, F10). Does anyone have a viable strategy for switching between sli and iGPU only?

Sorry, that is not possible. It is a limit of the Optimus technology. You cannot run the integrated GPU when you have two Nivida GPUs installed (it is not possible). The only way to do this is by pulling the Ultrabay GPU, then you can use the Nvidia control panel to enable the iGPU or to switch between the two. But, as soon as you put the ultrabay GPU back in it will disable the iGPU. There is no hack to get around this and it is Nvidia's doing.

Sorry, that is not possible. It is a limit of the Optimus technology. You cannot run the integrated GPU when you have two Nivida GPUs installed (it is not possible). The only way to do this is by pulling the Ultrabay GPU, then you can use the Nvidia control panel to enable the iGPU or to switch between the two. But, as soon as you put the ultrabay GPU back in it will disable the iGPU. There is no hack to get around this and it is Nvidia's doing.

Yeah, even if i force IGFX, the dGPU doesn't work, but is still draining power. That's really lame :(.

I've began to experience issues with overheating a few months ago whereby my CPU temps would get to 100C before shutting down while playing, the not at all demanding, DOTA 2 at random intervals while occasionally being able to play at relatively stable C (80<).

After many a trial and error (from using IdeaFan's app of overriding the fan to disassembling the laptop and repasting the CPU), it suddenly dawned on me that by looking at the now exposed fan (after having cut the plastic covering the fan and removing the dust filter) is spinning for 1 second every 2-3 seconds.

However, after the repasting and cleaning of fans, I was able to play for a few days lag free at no more than 68C. But the aforementioned issue has come back.

It seems like the fan not spinning was the culprit right from the start. No wonder I was getting temps of up to 88C on idle!

Especially given that SW like AIDA64, SpeedFan, and HWMonitor aren't even showing the fans in the sensors.

@Agoneous , if you are willing to open your laptop one more time, clipping/disconnecting the sense pins on the fan will cause it to run at max speed all the time.

Yeah, even if i force IGFX, the dGPU doesn't work, but is still draining power. That's really lame :(.

Just do what I do, I only put the ultrabay GPU into the laptop when I need it (very intense games), otherwise I just use the iGPU for everything or the single Nvidia GPU for medium gaming.