Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

If I wanted a fixed version of 3.7, how would I go about getting that to someone? Or, do I even need to do that & would 3.05 be fine? I really just want to remove the whitelist so I can use the Intel AC 7260.

3.7 isn't the version. Its the revision. my lenovo got the same revision but was version 2.05. so just update to 3.05. I'm also trying to make my Intel 7260 AC work :/

So I installed the 3.05 modded bios and vbios on my ultrabay gpu, after changing a few settings with fan speed and processor frequency I can no longer get into the setup menu when i press the novo button. It just boots into windows instead as if i pressed the power button. Anyone know how to fix this?

Edit: After searching google I figured out that if you press F2 on bootup it will take you directly into the bios. It worked and i reset all my settings back and now the novo button works again.

Edit 2: just bricked my motherboard. Keyboard lights up and fans spin but nothing shows up on the display. Tried the methods on the first page, anyone have anymore methods to reset the bios?

Can I attach an Intel 7260 to my laptop, get it running, then update my bios to 3.0.5?

Right now the version of the flashed BIOS is causing me some problems so I want the 3.0.5 version again.

Will that reset my BIOS back to the default one with the list for permitted network cards?

Can I attach an Intel 7260 to my laptop, get it running, then update my bios to 3.0.5?

Right now the version of the flashed BIOS is causing me some problems so I want the 3.0.5 version again.

Will that reset my BIOS back to the default one with the list for permitted network cards?

If you update the bios after, it enables the lenovo whitelist again, and only the permitted cards will be allowed.

Maybe someone can help me with my issue, for now i tryed to use this windows and dos wersion of this tool to backup my own bios. But i have only error 201 - cannot to be run on urrent platform.

I have y510p, please help me guys... :]

So I installed the 3.05 modded bios and vbios on my ultrabay gpu, after changing a few settings with fan speed and processor frequency I can no longer get into the setup menu when i press the novo button. It just boots into windows instead as if i pressed the power button. Anyone know how to fix this?

Edit: After searching google I figured out that if you press F2 on bootup it will take you directly into the bios. It worked and i reset all my settings back and now the novo button works again.

Edit 2: just bricked my motherboard. Keyboard lights up and fans spin but nothing shows up on the display. Tried the methods on the first page, anyone have anymore methods to reset the bios?

Sounds like what I did when I tried to undervolt in the bios. the only fix was to send it back to Lenovo and they replaced the mobo.

Can I just flash my 750m without switching from 3.05 (unmodded)? All I want is to be able to undervolt my ultrabay 750m. It runs 100C on my new favorite game. Repasted. Did the mod to cut the useless plastic from blocking the fan. Have a laptop cooler.....nothing seems to bring it down.

Well, I think I am a lucky one here maybe. I used to undervolt CPU in bios too and my y510p also won't boot either. Due to a (little) panic, I shutdown the notebook and try to do something like enter the bios and reset bios but with black screen. But my notebook still won't boot, so I just leave my laptop on for a while and after a few time my laptop trying to reboot by itself (power light off and on), my laptop boot up successfully with bios setting back to default. It seem to fix itself but I don't actually know what fix it.

Hope it help someone.

Well, I think I am a lucky one here maybe. I used to undervolt CPU in bios too and my y510p also won't boot either. Due to a (little) panic, I shutdown the notebook and try to do something like enter the bios and reset bios but with black screen. But my notebook still won't boot, so I just leave my laptop on for a while and after a few time my laptop trying to reboot by itself (power light off and on), my laptop boot up successfully with bios setting back to default. It seem to fix itself but I don't actually know what fix it.

Hope it help someone.

I tried everything on mine with no luck (including what you described). It took me about 10 days to get my laptop back. I would NOT ship it with your 128GB SSD or any other aftermarket upgrades. Put it back to stock (Stock HDD/SDD/RAM/Etc) and when they get it they can do with it as they please.

Hope it help someone.

what steps did you do to reset the bios? i still have my y510p so i can give it a try. also how much did you undervolt by?

I tried everything on mine with no luck (including what you described). It took me about 10 days to get my laptop back. I would NOT ship it with your 128GB SSD or any other aftermarket upgrades. Put it back to stock (Stock HDD/SDD/RAM/Etc) and when they get it they can do with it as they please.

Thanks for the help, ill replace my ssd, backup the drives and then wipe them.

what steps did you do to reset the bios? i still have my y510p so i can give it a try. also how much did you undervolt by?

Thanks for the help, ill replace my ssd, backup the drives and then wipe them.

I repeatly press F2 immediately after power on notebook to enter bios.

Then press F9("setup default" in bios option) and enter (to confirm)

then F10 ("save and exit") and enter(to confirm)

I undervolt cpu by -80mv since it is the lowest I can do with Intel XTU.

Well this was done with nothing show up on the display so I am not sure whether it does something. I just tried it with some hope.

I repeatly press F2 immediately after power on notebook to enter bios.

Then press F9("setup default" in bios option) and enter (to confirm)

then F10 ("save and exit") and enter(to confirm)

I undervolt cpu by -80mv since it is the lowest I can do with Intel XTU.

Well this was done with nothing show up on the display so I am not sure whether it does something. I just tried it with some hope.

Testing right now. Will see what happens.

So just to clarify, this mod is perfectly safe at the moment, as long as you dont overclock/undervolt?!?!?!

As long as you don't OC/UV in BIOS.

It is safe to use software in windows to OC/UV CPU and GPU such as Intel XTU(CPU&iGPU), Thottlestop(CPU), nvidia inspector(dGPU) etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, private service didnt fix my lenovo y510p:D

Do any of u know, if lenovo varranty service will fix it, since it doesnt have any lenovo varranty seals? It was like that since i bought it i think..

I remember reading another post somewhere, where the user had completely dismantled and soldered on the board, and they still fixed it, so you are probably in with a shout.

I remember reading another post somewhere, where the user had completely dismantled and soldered on the board, and they still fixed it, so you are probably in with a shout.

That was me. I removed the motherboard and de-soldered the bios battery in the hopes of re-setting my bios. It didn't work so I shipped it back to Lenovo and they fixed it under warranty. I am in Canada and I have an extended warranty, YMMV.

I think it's good modded bios... ( I don't have find any else)....

Anyone have brick on this laptop with this bios?

From what I can tell from reading through the thread only a handful have been affected, and its only the ones that have tried overclocking/undervolting from within the bios itself. Everyone else seems to be running just fine.