Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

Hmm... When I try and update to BIOS v3.05 or downgrade to v2.07 I get a "BIOS version compare error!". I even tried grabbing the BIOS update file directly from Lenovo, and it spat out the same error... Help? (Yes, I do have a Lenovo Y510p... SLI GT 755M)

EDIT: Whoops sorry...saw the question already answered.... Just go into the BIOS setting and make sure the Flash back setting is enabled.

I can change the RAM voltage in the BIOS? I think I did something stupid and bought DDR3 instead DDR3L. I bought two pieces Welcome to KINGMAX -, from what I saw at 1600MHz voltage is 1,35v. I think maybe it is a mistake on the site. The problem is that I get blue screen when i put 2x8GB memory. I checked with memtest and there were no errors, so voltage remains.

Lenovo y510p

Hello all, i couldn't be sure if this was the right thread to ask about this issue, but I failed to find any other populated one. I have regularly installed the v3.05 bios (that was published in Lenovo's own site) to my Y510p, it seemed that the installation progress was successfull; but right after that, it tried to reboot the system, and then it started rebooting without even showing anything on screen. Power button light and keyboard led flashes, and then it reboots. (here is a similar issue reported on forum; Bricked Y510P Bios Failure after update to 3.05 - Lenovo Community) I can not access the bios. I would appreciate any help or advice, thank you.

Hello all, i couldn't be sure if this was the right thread to ask about this issue, but I failed to find any other populated one. I have regularly installed the v3.05 bios (that was published in Lenovo's own site) to my Y510p, it seemed that the installation progress was successfull; but right after that, it tried to reboot the system, and then it started rebooting without even showing anything on screen. Power button light and keyboard led flashes, and then it reboots. (here is a similar issue reported on forum; Bricked Y510P Bios Failure after update to 3.05 - Lenovo Community) I can not access the bios. I would appreciate any help or advice, thank you.

Hahaha another one :D

Anyway, i will know exact cause soon, week maybe. Stay tuned :>

Hahaha another one :D

Anyway, i will know exact cause soon, week maybe. Stay tuned :>

I just wonder how could it be that easy to wipe the bios with lenovo's own bios setup so that the pc wont even boot anymore:D By the way, I have just given it to the service, lets see what will they do.

I posted this on the first page but since there are still people who brick their mofo and not knowing what to do... here it is again:

Edmar Hobby - Electronic: Lenovo Ideapad Y580 Insyde Bios Reset/Recovery

It's a different laptop but it has the same recovery method as the y510p. Instead of using QIWY3207.ROM (BIOS for Y580), use your own backup bios and follow step 2.3.

Anyway, I'm looking for the the stock bios v1.07 / v1.09 / v1.10 for y510p with 750m gpu. I want to downgrade from 3.05 but Lenovo removed older version from their site so if anyone can send it/ post it for me. Thanks

So, do u know exactly what was the cause? Im still waiting for laptop service :P

My guess is that some of the features that were unlocked are not actually supported by the bios OR the CPU undervolt I applied in the bios (-75mV) how prevented the CPU from powering up (not likely but you never know). I can still undervolt the CPU using XTU in windows but that setting isn't applied until after you have booted into windows, which is why I am saying there is a possibility this could have been the cause when I applied it in the bios.

P.S., Lenovo tech just replaced the bios to fix it (not sure how they replaced the bios but it looks like they might have replaced the entire motherboard because I had to reactivate windows when I got it back)

I dont think you would benefit anything from that.

And if you extract it from main bios, it has different size.(larger) Bios editor is able to open, seems fine, but could not flash integrated bios into ultrabay. Nvflash said all device id is full of zeros.

so it happens that everything is filled with zeros

For those who don't like the restrictions Lenovo put on their system, here's a BIOS mod that will get you back at least some of the freedom you should have over your own hardware.

I followed the directions but unfortunately i cant make a bios backup, i used it as Administrator but what is being added to the folder is a error file.

Please tell me how i can do it.

I have never flashed any modded bios, just upgraded to 3.05 stock and now I want to go back to 2.07 stock..

So is it safe to downgrade the Bios from 3.05(stock) to v2.07(stock) using the attached file the 1st page(http://forum.techinferno.com/attachments/lenovo-ibm/10029d1387540570-y510p-y410p_v207_%5Bstock%5D.zip)?

Thanks,

I'm getting this, "BIOS version compare error!" in win 8.1 x64

---

I've got BIOS v3.7 currently. If I do this & go to v3.05 will everything still work ok? Never done this before.

how you get this ver

---

where is advance menu i bios ver 3.05

MOD EDIT: Merged posts

i couldn't restore my bios back up file ..why ?

D:\BACK>fpt64 -f back64bios.bin -bios

Intel ® Flash Programming Tool. Version: 9.5.14.1724

Copyright © 2007 - 2013, Intel Corporation. All rights reserv

Platform: Intel® HM86 Express Chipset

Reading HSFSTS register... Flash Descriptor: Valid

--- Flash Devices Found ---

W25Q16BV ID:0xEF4015 Size: 2048KB (16384Kb)

W25Q32BV ID:0xEF4016 Size: 4096KB (32768Kb)

Error 280: Failed to disable write protection for the BIOS spac