Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

Just got mine back from lenovo. They fixed it under warranty (what a relief!). Not sure what they did yet since I am out of town but the wife says it turned on one now. When I get home I will investigate further.

I've flashed the stock 3.05 bios from the OP, and I'm trying to make a backup using the backup.bat from step 2. I did launch it from an elevated cmd prompt, but I'm getting error:

"Error 104: The 2 SPI flash devices do not have compatible command sets."

Any ideas?

I've tried flashing the stock 2.07 bios to see if I can back that up, but I'm getting the same 104 error as when I tried to back up the 3.05. I've got a shiny new Intel AC7260 and AC1750 router that I'm not able to use

- - - Updated - - -

i still dont understand: 1) - Create a backup of your own BIOS (now v3.05) by using this tool.

Extract the files and run the included .bat file from an admin command prompt.

can anybody clarify to me?

extract (unzip) the files from the link, press Alt-F-M-A (opens an Admin command prompt in your current open directory). Type backup.bat and press enter.

Let me know if it works, I get a 104 error.

this whole procedure need to re-script and re-edit, so that way people can understand these procedure. 0-6 steps, seems to little information, not very understandable, it skips too many steps to get where the i needed to be. I would request a video demonstration.

Also, do you guys think that it is possible to mix and match different gt7XXm cards now?

I kind of know that it was not possible with the earlier BIOS 1.XX and 2.XX (lack of BIOS support? Blacklist?).

I've checked my mobo here (software/dmidecode, not electronic/hardware) and my laptop (which has a built in gt750m) has the same mobo model as the gt755m ones, but still not sure if BIOS or hardware will allow.

Hi ,

If anybody will do the mixing :E (different GT7XX cards ) I would be grateful for information, Right now i have laptop ( built in gt750m) and I can't find any where a second GT750 to buy, so mixing with different GT7XX cards it's something what I'm looking for (without physical change anything in the card )

Ditto, I finally got to see my laptop and the service paper say they "replaced the bios" so I am not sure if that means the chip or the firmware. Either way I would HIGHLY recommend not trying to change the CPU voltage offset with the unlocked bios and stick to XTU instead.

I also can't believe they actually did the work under warranty (no charge) after I ripped the motherboard out and de-soldered the battery.

Well, i do not recommend changing Vcore voltage offset, because since i did it, i have blank screen all the time :D. Dunno why, but changing bios chip did not help, still looking for cause.

Cheers

Ditto, I finally got to see my laptop and the service paper say they "replaced the bios" so I am not sure if that means the chip or the firmware. Either way I would HIGHLY recommend not trying to change the CPU voltage offset with the unlocked bios and stick to XTU instead.

I also can't believe they actually did the work under warranty (no charge) after I ripped the motherboard out and de-soldered the battery.

Great to hear that, since i was afraid that my CPU is damaged :P

ok guys i tried following the steps but i got stuck at the step when i have to drag and drop files on biosfixer in order to create v305mod.bin . Nothing happens when i drag and drop file on biosfixer it just starts up and remains the same for 20 mins then i closed the program . Please guide me how to fix this issue or if it is working fine how much more i have to wait

I just got mine back from warranty repair (after bricking it by changing voltage in unlocked bios), according to our IT department, they replaced the mobo. But they certainly DIDN'T repaste it, both cpu and gpu were instantly reaching over 90°C and throttling in load. After repasting the temperatures dropped to around 60-70°C under heavy load. (I didn't have any overheating problems before repair)

This is how it looked when I dismantled it... Also the original paste was pretty solid

post-18434-14494998206171_thumb.jpg

Ok, that makes sense now. My windows wants me to reactivate after having the bios repaired. I couldn't figure out why that would happen after a simple bios update but if they replaced my mobo then that would do it. Thanks.

I just got mine back from warranty repair (after bricking it by changing voltage in unlocked bios), according to our IT department, they replaced the mobo. But they certainly DIDN'T repaste it, both cpu and gpu were instantly reaching over 90°C and throttling in load. After repasting the temperatures dropped to around 60-70°C under heavy load. (I didn't have any overheating problems before repair)

This is how it looked when I dismantled it... Also the original paste was pretty solid

- - - Updated - - -

@Shiv, are you running the program in admin mode? Are you running them from the desktop or another area on your HDD? Did you rename the bios appropriately?

Ok, that makes sense now. My windows wants me to reactivate after having the bios repaired. I couldn't figure out why that would happen after a simple bios update but if they replaced my mobo then that would do it. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

@Shiv, are you running the program in admin mode? Are you running them from the desktop or another area on your HDD? Did you rename the bios appropriately?

Program running in ADMIN mode . im running it from a folder . although i have tried it from desktop . and also in safe mode but none of them worked

:(

Good to know; this is exactly what I'm looking to do when my 7260 arrives later this week. Have you noticed the speeds capping out slower than they should. A number of pages back in this thread someone remarked that they could only get about 50mbps down with the new card when the network was capable of more. My home setup isn't even faster enough for it to really matter, I'm just curious.

I'm getting 13MB/s with it. The old intel I was getting 10MB/s. This is on an Asus RT-AC66U. To be honest, I expected more speed then that :(

You can't change the default graphics adapter. Just take out the battery for a while and then put it back in and hold down the power button for 30 seconds before turning it on. That is suppose to reset the bios (but it didn't work for me).

• Thumbs Up 1

You can't change the default graphics adapter. Just take out the battery for a while and then put it back in and hold down the power button for 30 seconds before turning it on. That is suppose to reset the bios (but it didn't work for me).

i changed the settings again to SG from PCI by doing it in the BIOS by guessing :D .