Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

Hi. Thanks for the help.

I want to ask a question. I use a y510p and i want to be able to set fan speeds to %100 manually and leave them at %100 speed as long as i need. I'm not interested any other benefit of this bios mod. Is this possible with this bios mod ? If not and you answer my question, you may save me from a lot of effort to the mod then return to the original bios.

Thanks anyway.

Quick question, so I was followed the directions, I opened the .bat file from the command prompt as an administrator and it created a file called bios.bin. That's the only file it created so I assume that's the backup but when i drag it onto the biosfixer or try to open it with the biosfixer it doesn't create any new file called v305mod.bin. am I the only one this is happening to? Any help would be appreciated.

Quick question, so I was followed the directions, I opened the .bat file from the command prompt as an administrator and it created a file called bios.bin. That's the only file it created so I assume that's the backup but when i drag it onto the biosfixer or try to open it with the biosfixer it doesn't create any new file called v305mod.bin. am I the only one this is happening to? Any help would be appreciated.

I actually was just having the exact same problem a couple minutes ago. Open biosfixer and drag the bios into the window of the program. ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi. Thanks for the help.

I want to ask a question. I use a y510p and i want to be able to set fan speeds to %100 manually and leave them at %100 speed as long as i need. I'm not interested any other benefit of this bios mod. Is this possible with this bios mod ? If not and you answer my question, you may save me from a lot of effort to the mod then return to the original bios.

Thanks anyway.

No, this is not (yet?) possible. This BIOS/EC mod does not allow you to control fan speeds. Look at @allstone and his IdeaFan script, for now, that's the closest you'll get to controlling fan speeds.

- - - Updated - - -

I would be interested how I can

voltage change from onboard video card

reduced from 1,1v to 1,05v

If it is possible by modifying the parameters in BIOS

I know that the motherboard onboard video BIOS gt755m is included in version 3.05.

There is something that you can edit?

The performance certainly 1.05v remain unchanged but the temperature will be lower by at least 5-8 degrees

You can undervolt both cards in NVIDIA Inspector after flashing the custom VBIOSs.

No, this is not (yet?) possible. This BIOS/EC mod does not allow you to control fan speeds. Look at @allstone and his IdeaFan script, for now, that's the closest you'll get to controlling fan speeds.

Tried and saw it myself : ) And the mod works like a charm. No problems at all applying it. Very good instructions. Thanks again.

any way to get this BIOS (v3.05) without having to buy an elite membership??

Psst. Read the forum rules! There is something written about 5 quality posts ;)

maybe it could be hosted on dropbox?

Not unless someone risks a DMCA takedown request...

The file stays here and people come here to get it, get support and provide feedback.

Hi,

Is need to uninstall old diriver of wifi card or need modification of settings of nic card or modification in bios for new wifi nic?

I have wifi card Intel ac7260 and router Asus rt ac68u and I have slow internet conection in wifi mod, the problem persist inclusive with cable internet conection and is more slow for cable as before flash the bios, what is wrong ?

The wifi not want to conect when start the windows 8.1x64 sistem, someone have similar problems like me?

The wifi nic is separated from the nic for cable internet connection? or is just one nic for both

Please help me

Thanks in advance

Can somebody help me? I trying to do step 1, to make a backup of the BIOS, but backup does not appear (launched from the administrator), doesn't give any error, window just closes immediately

Can somebody help me? I trying to do step 1, to make a backup of the BIOS, but backup does not appear (launched from the administrator), doesn't give any error, window just closes immediately

You can just run the code (inside that .bat file) using CMD with administrator privileges

Psst. Read the forum rules! There is something written about 5 quality posts ;)

I guess that's subjective then.. I have 5 quality posts, multi-sentence, actually said something of value. I guess I'll just keep posting and eventually someone will decide that 5 of them are "quality"

Not unless someone risks a DMCA takedown request...

The file stays here and people come here to get it, get support and provide feedback.

I wasn't suggesting violate DMCA.. If the author hosts it somewhere else, there is no violation. Thanks for the response though

I guess that's subjective then.. I have 5 quality posts, multi-sentence, actually said something of value. I guess I'll just keep posting and eventually someone will decide that 5 of them are "quality"

It seems that has already happened, I don't see any of your posts in queue for approval and you got already 7 posts. Just wait until the server reloads permissions. If you still can't download anything in 1-2h please contact an administrator.

I wasn't suggesting violate DMCA.. If the author hosts it somewhere else, there is no violation. Thanks for the response though

The way I know svl7 that is not going to happen, had some bad experience with that. People came here to download didn't even read the support thread, posted their issues on NBR or similar and then complained there that the files weren't working as advertised. That left a bad reputation for the modder and the forums bandwidth was used up by leechers rather than members. But I'm glad to hear that you are one of the reasonable guy out there.

• Thumbs Up 2

It seems that has already happened, I don't see any of your posts in queue for approval and you got already 7 posts. Just wait until the server reloads permissions. If you still can't download anything in 1-2h please contact an administrator.

The way I know svl7 that is not going to happen, had some bad experience with that. People came here to download didn't even read the support thread, posted their issues on NBR or similar and then complained there that the files weren't working as advertised. That left a bad reputation for the modder and the forums bandwidth was used up by leechers rather than members. But I'm glad to hear that you are one of the reasonable guy out there.

got it, will do! thanks for the help. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Going from 1.07 to 2.07 solved my battery drain problem ... wondering if going to 3.05 will solve the battery charging issue where you have to unplug the battery and plug it back in to get it to charge again? Quite annoying and happens on both of my batteries.

Can someone help me?

I am on this step:

(2) - Download the files for the v3.05 mod, put the files of folder [1] to the root of your prepared USB DOS stick.

Let the BiosFixer prepare your BIOS for flashing by drag and dropping your backup file on it. Put the created "v305mod.bin" file to the root of your USB DOS drive as well.

Nothing happens when I drag and drop my backup file on the biosfixer so I can't get the "v305mod.bin" file. Any suggestions?

No, I dragged the bios back up file on the biosfixer without opening it. Biosfixer simply opens with this message :

Lenovo Y410p / Y510p For BIOS version v3.05

This mod will replace the VBIOS of your GPU.

Read the instructions carefully.

Use at your own risk.

Nothing happens after..

Nevermind, solved the problem. For some reason it did not work when the files were on desktop, but when I put both file in a folder worked as intended. Posting post flash btw, successfully installed intel 7260 AC adapter on Lenovo y510p. Thanks a lot for this thread!