Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

Arctic Silver 5 is one of the better compounds on market. its electrically non conductive, but its not an insulator.

Ceramique 2 i recommended is slightly less effective but also electrically non conductive and an insulator.

Other safe bets(besides Arctic Silver - 5)

Arctic - MX 2

Arctic - MX 4

Prolimatech PK 1

Phobya HeGrease Extreme

Articles about compounds:

Thermal Paste Roundup - Puget Custom Computers

80-way Thermal Interface Material Performance Test | Thermal Interface Material,Thermal Paste,Heatsink Compound,80-Way Thermal Interface Material Best Thermal Paste Heatsink Compound Cooling Performance Comparison Benchmark Tests

Thermal Compound Roundup - February 2012 | Hardware Secrets

Thermal Paste Comparison, Part One: Applying Grease And More - Everything You Wanted To Know About Cooling A CPU

Thermal Paste Comparison, Part Two: 39 Products Get Tested - 39 Thermal Compounds Get Benchmarked And Tested

@Also I can't decide between those two cooling pads, which one do to recommend?

Amazon.com: Targus Lap Chill Mat for Laptop, Black/Gray (AWE55US): Electronics

Amazon.com: Cooler Master NotePal X-Slim Ultra-Slim Laptop Cooling Pad with 160mm Fan (R9-NBC-XSLI-GP): Computers & Accessories

Average cooling may be as good as there was none. Some cheaper models offer only placebo effect.

Read carefully more articles about pads. Some articles are sponsored and may deceive. Take some time to read before deciding. Buying twice is a worst scenario.

I belive in heavy metal pads I recommended were theoretically for 17 inch laptops.

NC-2000 i mentioned is very heavy and smartly enginereed.

U3+ has optimal(manual)l fan placement.

U2+(model for 15 inch laptops)is also relatively good - manual fan placement

Hi,

how to backup bios? please give me more details of this step:

"(1) - Create a backup of your own BIOS (now v3.05) by using this tool.

Extract the files and run the included .bat file from an admin command prompt."

what is comand if have in root of C:\ partition the folder with .bat file? I have the error when try to make backup

C:\Windows\system32>C:\backupbios\backup.bat

C:\Windows\system32>fptw64 -d bios.bin -bios

'fptw64' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

C:\Windows\system32>

How to format usb stick for DOS?

Thank you

• Thumbs Up 1

1.copy Yx01.bin to U disk root directory(none bootable) .

2.shut down and unplug battery and power adapter.

3.insert U disk.

4.press and hold the Fn+R hotkey.

5.plug in the power adapter.

6.release Fn+R hotkey.

7.boot pc.

8.wait...

• Thumbs Up 1

I finally successful make backup and format usb stick for DOS with rufus after more documentation in this theard.

Now I have a big problem, when boot for usb stick and type BIOS for flash bios I recived Error 280: Failed to disable write protection for the BIOS Space!

Why have his error?

post-28117-14494998115889_thumb.jpg

I finally successful make backup and format usb stick for DOS with rufus after more documentation in this theard.

Now I have a big problem, when boot for usb stick and type BIOS for flash bios I recived Error 280: Failed to disable write protection for the BIOS Space!

Why have his error?

You can't flash from 3.05, you need to downgrade to 2.07 first, then you can go ahead and flash from 3.05. Read and follow the instructions carefully. Failure to do so may result in severe issues.

1.copy Yx01.bin to U disk root directory(none bootable) .

2.shut down and unplug battery and power adapter.

3.insert U disk.

4.press and hold the Fn+R hotkey.

5.plug in the power adapter.

6.release Fn+R hotkey.

7.boot pc.

8.wait...

Tried all three ports, nothing.

You can't flash from 3.05, you need t flaho downgrade to 2.07 first, then you can go ahead and flash from 3.05. Read and follow the instructions carefully. Failure to do so may result in severe issues.

Thanks svl7,

I successfully flash the bios, evrything is ok, the intel AC7260 is work installed but i have just 50-70/mbs in band 5 ghz with my router

The router Asus RT AC68U is ok for wifi nic intel ac7260?

I decided to attempt this fix because my wireless card wasn't picking up my wireless router. So I slapped a new wireless card in there and it gave me the "Unsupported wireless card error" on boot. Now I'm on step 3 of the entire process but the InsydeFlash tool is telling me "BIOS version compare error!". Please help me figure this out as since I've upgrade to 3.05 my slave video card isn't working anymore.

I decided to attempt this fix because my wireless card wasn't picking up my wireless router. So I slapped a new wireless card in there and it gave me the "Unsupported wireless card error" on boot. Now I'm on step 3 of the entire process but the InsydeFlash tool is telling me "BIOS version compare error!". Please help me figure this out as since I've upgrade to 3.05 my slave video card isn't working anymore.

Finally someone else!!!! This is the same error I ran into!

To solve it: Boot off your USB stick, and flash the 3.05 EC portion of the later steps. Then boot back in to windows and flash 2.07 BIOS. Then continue on with the 3.05 BIOS/EC flash steps.

• Thumbs Up 1

Finally someone else!!!! This is the same error I ran into!

To solve it: Boot off your USB stick, and flash the 3.05 EC portion of the later steps. Then boot back in to windows and flash 2.07 BIOS. Then continue on with the 3.05 BIOS/EC flash steps.

I actually fixed this problem by going into the BIOS under Configuration and enabling BIOS Back Flash.

However, now I'm running into a problem where my computer periodically reboots. Does anyone know how I can fix this issue?

For my y510p I use the Coolermaster Notepal that has the grid on it so you can move the fans around based on what laptop you have. I actually have had 2 over the years, and I actually use 5 fans on mine currently. Sorta wish the ports for usb/hdmi weren't so closely spaced on the left side though.

Thank you svl7, you are the best! (sorry about the last silly question)

Appears that the the ACPI/DMAR table is finally fixed in this 3.05 BIOS version! (here, the Linux kernel is not complaining about a buggy ACPI BIOS implementation anymore, at least)

When I get a new processor I will run some tests with the PCI passthrough feature. If there is a hardware video output switch on the NVIDIA graphics cards for external monitors (anyone? I do not have an extra monitor to test.. =/), it might be possible even to pass the control of the card to the VM, also need some tests (unfortunately, VGA passthrough has so many requirements...). Not only, it appears that an updated patch of the vfio-vga (kvm) is needed to work with non-GTX NVIDIA cards (if you guys have the resources and want to try).

Also, do you guys think that it is possible to mix and match different gt7XXm cards now?

I kind of know that it was not possible with the earlier BIOS 1.XX and 2.XX (lack of BIOS support? Blacklist?).

I've checked my mobo here (software/dmidecode, not electronic/hardware) and my laptop (which has a built in gt750m) has the same mobo model as the gt755m ones, but still not sure if BIOS or hardware will allow.

I would be interested how I can

voltage change from onboard video card

reduced from 1,1v to 1,05v

If it is possible by modifying the parameters in BIOS

I know that the motherboard onboard video BIOS gt755m is included in version 3.05.

There is something that you can edit?

The performance certainly 1.05v remain unchanged but the temperature will be lower by at least 5-8 degrees