Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

i see well i created a dos usb and moved EC files to it but when i run EC.bat it says it's not compatible for 64 bit of windows :/ so in what way am i supposto run that file?

Nvm apperently you had to boot into USB as DOS mode and then do EC.bat xD

Cool, I might make a little adjustment when I get back home. If you guys can agree on a different default 3d voltage or/and clocks that should be stable for everyone then let me know. No need to hurry, won't be able to nöd stuff for some days.

Mine can run MSI Kombustor - Fur Test for about 5 min with 0.987V(-112mV) without any artifacts or driver crash. At 0.975V(-125mV) it has some artifact, but the driver does not crash. Lower than that, there is lot of artifacts and the driver will crash. With default 1058MHz clock.post-20850-1449499797418_thumb.png

Mine can run MSI Kombustor - Fur Test for about 5 min with 0.987V(-112mV) without any artifacts or driver crash. At 0.975V(-125mV) it has some artifact, but the driver does not crash. Lower than that, there is lot of artifacts and the driver will crash. With default 1058MHz clock.[ATTACH=CONFIG]12088[/ATTACH]

Cool, even though I can't recommend that test, not necessarily healthy for the voltage supply circuits of the GPU.

Anyway, would be nice to see if 1v is game stable for everyone.

Is this mod compatible with the 755M version?

Yes.

• Thumbs Up 2

So as I'm understanding it, if you're on stock 3.05 then you're stuck there and can't get the modded 3.05.

I've seen a lot of contradictory things and questions about being able to downgrade from stock 3.05. Any way I could get some clarification?

has anyone noticed any real / tangible benefits (performance wise) when they flashed this mod? What kind of improvements can I expect to see? I am a "semi-newb" when it comes to things like this and wouldnt want to risk anything botching my system for nothing ya know? As I understand it is supposed to allow you to change your wifi card if desired. when it says "hidden BIOS menus unlocked" what exactly does am i unlocking?

"-VBIOS tweaked for more performance and better tuning possibilities"... what is "v-bios" (virtual?) and what kind of performance and tuning possibilities are we talking here? New to the forum so please feel free to re-direct me if I am posting in the wrong place. Thanks for your input. Any help/information/tips is GREATLY appreciated. THanks again. (One down and 4 to go lol) :)

has anyone noticed any real / tangible benefits (performance wise) when they flashed this mod? What kind of improvements can I expect to see? I am a "semi-newb" when it comes to things like this and wouldnt want to risk anything botching my system for nothing ya know? As I understand it is supposed to allow you to change your wifi card if desired. when it says "hidden BIOS menus unlocked" what exactly does am i unlocking?

"-VBIOS tweaked for more performance and better tuning possibilities"... what is "v-bios" (virtual?) and what kind of performance and tuning possibilities are we talking here? New to the forum so please feel free to re-direct me if I am posting in the wrong place. Thanks for your input. Any help/information/tips is GREATLY appreciated. THanks again. (One down and 4 to go lol) :)

AFAIK vbios is Bios of your VGA card/GPU

I hope I can use the modded bios on my system, I recently installed the new bios update that lenovo released on their site and then found this, Hopefully the bios be unlocked so I can properly cool the gpu with a fan boost :o

I'm on stock 2.07 according to dxdiag, so a few pages back I see a modified 3.05 BIOS file, as well as an ultrabay file. Do I just run those two from Windows and I'll have the performance tweaks and BIOS tweaks mentioned in the OP?

VBIOS = Video BIOS meaning that you can overclock the gpu over the +135mhz and the stock clock is 1058mhz. the unlocked menu contain lot of option that can be changed and tweaked.

If I got this right, If the laptop is in 3.05 originally, it is better to downgrade first to 2.07 then apply the modded 3.05? I have the 755m SLI version so I can test the modded bios if I reached the number of posts required to download. Are there currently issues in using this modded bios?