Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

So I have a VERY special scenario y410p, and I'm looking for some input. My laptop is a nearly August 2013 y410p on 1.07 BIOS with single 750m. I just recently bought one of the GT755M5s from Lenovo when they were only $99, and modified the hardware straps and BIOS so that it could be recognized in my y410p as a 750m.

SLI is working great. It's a 750m SLI'ed with 755m->750m downgraded Ultrabay card.

Does this 1.07 BIOS mod allow for SLI? If so I noticed that there is a notice for SLI users to reflash their Ultrabay... however I'm a 750m user using a hax0r'd 755m.

I just want undervolting really. Not too worried about the whitelisting. My laptop is throttling excessively while playing games and it is unacceptable.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am currently on v1.10 with the bios mod (for my 7260AC card) and want to upgrade to v2.7 but can't for the life of find a download link for it. Where is everyone getting v2.7? This is for a y410p btw.

I will be flashing my bios in a few days (once I get some free time) so that I can upgrade that terrible wireless card. However, I was also wondering if you are able to reflash the bios to stock.

Is there a moddified vBIOS for Windows 8.1 for the 750m Ultrabay card? Right now the onboard card is stock clocked at 1058 MHz and the Ultrabay is clocked at 941 MHz. However when I use GPU-Z sensors, it says they are both running at 1058 MHz. Not sure what to believe.

This is a god sent! Thanks so much! I'm trying to upgrade my stupid N2230 network card. Got the N7630 but got hit with the stupid Bios message: The network card is unauthorized. Thanks so much guys!

post-26846-14494997755602_thumb.png

Please help!! Why do I keep getting this error?? I'm running this with the Administrator account with the cmd in Administrator privilege. But I keep getting this error no matter what I try? What am I not getting? Am I missing a step? I can't get this to work so I can't get a backup of the bios to mod it. Please help. T_T

I have a Lenovo Y410p with Bios version 1.07. It originally came with Windows 8, which I then quickly proceeded to downgrade to Windows 7 Professional.

Okay for some reason my cmd.exe seems to be the problem... (I disabled the AV software, disabled UAC + registry).

So I decided to use powershell. Powershell was able to do the backup.bat with: "start backup.bat" so yay! I got a bios backup and went on to modifying it.

NOW. The problem is I can't flash it. I tried flashing with the script provided on the powershell, and it doesn't like it. And then I tried it with "start" and it doesn't get the -bios argument. Then I went to the cmd and I got the same damn Error 284: Fail to load driver (PCI Express) Tools need to run with administrator privilege account.

What the hell? What is wrong with my cmd???

post-26846-14494997759499_thumb.png

Okay figured it out. If you're running into trouble as I did for this whole thing, here's the extra step you need to do.

1. right-click on the fptw64.exe --> go to properties

2. under the general tab --> Unblock if the option is there

3. under the compatibility tab --> check the run this program as administrator box AND also check the box that says Run this program in compatibility mode for: and select your windows os.

OMG. Flash sucessful... let's reboot and see... *fingers crossed*

Sorry for my absence in this thread, I'll try to catch up on things.

I'm looking for a y410p / y510p serial nr, if anyone wants to help me please send a PM.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sorry for my absence in this thread, I'll try to catch up on things.

I'm looking for a y410p / y510p serial nr, if anyone wants to help me please send a PM.

What serial number do you need I have y510p i can help

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

how do i use the tool

1 - read post nr. 1

2 - download tools

3 - follow instructions in post nr 1

What serial number do you need I have y510p i can help

Thank you, appreciate it. Already got what I needed from a different user.